What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
As an avid tournament player I can tell you what I base this code of honor on.

Things that happen when you invade.
If I know the person. Show respect, bow, don't chain stab, don't excessively fish for backstabs.
If someone is LOOKING to PvP, that is sitting in the forest or dark anor londo and they start crying that someone wasn't honorable. Tell them to go fuck themselves. If someone is doing PvE (you can usually tell 99% of the time if someone is looking to PvE) I will as an invader gladly let someone clear a room they are fighting monsters in then engage them.

However, this being said I also have the approach of the darkwraith attitude. Kill. End of story.
I embrace that fully when I'm on my dark wraiths. I will backstab, chain, circle abuse, dead angle, phantom strike, parry glitch, backstab glitch because it is my duty as a darkwraith to end them.

In tournament settings, you bow or you get kicked the fuck out of the tournament.
I have never encountered someone who didn't try to kill me using anything and everything. Believe it or not most of the time I'm not actually looking to fight an invader and they always show up at the worst damn times. (see above) No one has ever let me clear out a room of monsters, etc. before fighting. They actually end up running behind the regular enemies.

In DsS I used the red sign and 99% of the time there would be 2+ people in the game and both of them would jump me. I sent so much hatemail from that too. lol

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
The way I look at things, if there's no "bow", all bets are off. If you're afk, I'm stabbing your ass. If you've failed to clear out the area pve wise, I'm using them to assist (especially when vunts summons for a gank to counter invasion), I'll retreat and use humanity to replenish, etcetera. If somebody bows, them it's full honor mode, no healing, and nothing dirty. Even if I'm summoned to assist a player in clearing a level, if they get invaded, and there's a bow exchange, I back the hell off. ;)

Impose

A Call For Blood
I rarely lose 2v1s

They are incredibly simple to win when you figure out that people cannot run through each other. You can stop players swings just by rotating in the direction opposite the direction one is coming so you're always engaging only one at a time due to the fact that one invader's body stops the other from being effective

Killphil

I rarely lose 2v1s

They are incredibly simple to win when you figure out that people cannot run through each other. You can stop players swings just by rotating in the direction opposite the direction one is coming so you're always engaging only one at a time due to the fact that one invader's body stops the other from being effective
I don't understand. Do you mean two of the same kind of invader then? (regular or spirit of vengence?) What about when they actually get on either side of you?

Impose

A Call For Blood
No two people in this game can walk through each other in any situation ever. It just like real life.
Blue Black or Red, they cannot walk through each other.

And when they get on either side you very simply back up. This game moves fast enough that you can easily just back up and find terrain that allows you to keep them together.

Or you can just rush at one, force him to block and circle around to be able to see the other one.

Really 2v1's in dark souls are about one of two things.

Either you play it extremely patiently, poke down while kiting with quick strikes.
Or just completely rushdown one person with your entire stamina bar

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Impose, do you have any builds in the 60s range? I want to fight you (aka get the tar kicked out of me).

Expatiate on "kiting", I've heard this term thrown around, but still don't know exactly what it's referring to.

Killphil

Also, there is no way to actually farm for goddess's blessings aside from finding the ones in the world and buying from rhea right? I fought someone who was using those like they were going out of style. I was quite pissed that I was just barely unable to finish him off before he would ninja flip away. It was quite annoying. Perhaps he had played through the game several times.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Impose, do you have any builds in the 60s range? I want to fight you (aka get the tar kicked out of me).
I have my level 50 invader yes

However I don't have the DLC nor have I played Dark souls in well over 3-4 months. As soon as I aquire a tv for my room I will start playing a lot again

Also, there is no way to actually farm for goddess's blessings aside from finding the ones in the world and buying from rhea right? I fought someone who was using those like they were going out of style. I was quite pissed that I was just barely unable to finish him off before he would ninja flip away. It was quite annoying. Perhaps he had played through the game several times.
I have 99 of every consumable in this game along with one of every item (yes, literally every, single, item).

It's from a glitch that no longer works.

Killphil

I have 99 of every consumable in this game along with one of every item (yes, literally every, single, item).

It's from a glitch that no longer works.
Is it the box glitch or something else? I've seen the box glitch, but never used it myself. And now I never will, regardless.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Is it the box glitch or something else? I've seen the box glitch, but never used it myself. And now I never will, regardless.
yep. Bottomless box. I had 99 divine blessings on every character.

I actually completely supported the bottomless box glitch. it does nothing to hamper the game. All it does is make it easier for people to make new builds.
Now when I want to make a new build, I have to spend 3 days going through the game 2-3 times on every new character

Reedoms

Noob
I actually completely supported the bottomless box glitch. it does nothing to hamper the game.
Except give people at SL 1 the ability to have completely maxed out Armor/Weapons. You ever been back-stabbed for 1400 by a guy in full Smough's gear at the first bonfire in Undead Burg? I have and it's fucking retarded.

Killphil

Except give people at SL 1 the ability to have completely maxed out Armor/Weapons. You ever been back-stabbed for 1400 by a guy in full Smough's gear at the first bonfire in Undead Burg? I have and it's fucking retarded.
1400 at SL1? holy shit.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Nope, as long as youre patient about things. You will die alot in your first play through due to unfamilarity.

P.S If you want it to be a challenge, don't summon phantoms to help clear bosses, it becomes uber easy mode.

Impose

A Call For Blood
You can do that without bottomless box glitch.
I can literally have a level one in full havels with a +15 any weapon on a level one. Its not like BB glitch somehow makes that available when it is not. BB glitch literally does absolutely nothing to alter the game OUT of what is already accomplished.

You cannot give yourself things you don't have, mod your stats, mod your weapons or anything besides what you can already do.

also no a level one cannot have full smoughs gear and not be on fat roll.

nor is a 1400 backstab possible at level one. it isn't even possible on most 120s

Impose

A Call For Blood
1400 at SL1? holy shit.
he's making crap up to try and seem dramatic. 1400 backstabs aren't even possible on 120s unless you're running red tearstone ring with a demon greataxe on 50 strength with a hornet ring and an enchant

Reedoms

Noob
also no a level one cannot have full smoughs gear and not be on fat roll.

nor is a 1400 backstab possible at level one. it isn't even possible on most 120s
Who needs to roll when you've got the ability to 1 shot people. A Chaos Dagger+5 with a hornets ring at 99 humanity can get upwards to 1200+ damage. Especially on people who have no armor whatsoever if you go to Undead Burg. If you Bottomless-Box, that is all readily available within minutes. I've got nothing against a SL1 playthrough but that at least requires you to have some semblance of skill. Just transferring items from your main to another account is silly and makes people fearful to even be Human.

Then there's also people who stack multitudes of Divine Blessings and then PvP with that. It's fucking stupid.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Who needs to roll when you've got the ability to 1 shot people. A Chaos Dagger+5 with a hornets ring at 99 humanity can get upwards to 1200+ damage. Especially on people who have no armor whatsoever if you go to Undead Burg. If you Bottomless-Box, that is all readily available within minutes. I've got nothing against a SL1 playthrough but that at least requires you to have some semblance of skill. Just transferring items from your main to another account is silly and makes people fearful to even be Human.

Then there's also people who stack multitudes of Divine Blessings and then PvP with that. It's fucking stupid.
So you have no objections to level ones who have gear. Only the ones who did it on a different character.

yeah that makes a lot of sense.

and no, a chaos bandit knife +5 with 10 humanity is not capable of a 1200 backstab even with hornet ring. Considering fire is the highest defense people possess.

It is enough to oen shot a lowbie, however it does not do 1200 lol

Killphil

Guys please! The damage is inconsequential. Your ass gets stabbed by it you're fucking toast. Warm, buttery toast if you have a "new" character and a BG toon invades. I wasn't for BG, but I don't see the need to argue it. Just about everyone who invades me at the parish always has better gear than I do. Sure they may not have used the glitch (in the past), but they sure did grind a lot. I mean how good would you really feel if you just one shot people who have just started a new character? This is casual I'm referring to as well.

Impose

A Call For Blood
I have a level 1 and a level 50 invader, both invade in anor londo.

It's hilarious beating level 120s with a level 1.
That said I do enjoy the occasional lowbie massacre.

Killphil

I have a level 1 and a level 50 invader, both invade in anor londo.

It's hilarious beating level 120s with a level 1.
That said I do enjoy the occasional lowbie massacre.
sl1 > sl120? You must regale me with your build for that one.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I spent like 2+ hours trying to kill Kalameet last night. Waiting to summon my friend and retrieve my bloodstain, I got up to let the dog back in. Of course I get invaded and killed. 300k gone. Not my biggest loss, but man is that shit annoying. I think my biggest loss in souls in this game was over 2 million. Man was I devastated at that one. :(
2 million souls.......... I barely know how to make 5000 :(

Impose

A Call For Blood
sl1 > sl120? You must regale me with your build for that one.
Um. If I can remember it off the top of my head

Pyromancer (obv only one that starts at 1)
Grass Crest Shield
Rofap/flip ring

Lightnign Baxe +5
eastern armor/legs/gauntlets
MoM