What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

elegie

Noob
The dlc contains
Oolacile. I don't know if you've met Dusk yet, but she is not from the present time. You end up going back in time and you get to meet Artorias the Abysswalker. You need to save Oolacile from the spreading of the Abyss caused by the first primeval human; Manus. The dlc adds new everything to the game, even a way to make it harder. Abyss/Dark magic is the new magic, and its kinda OP. By no means is it unbeatable, but its a bitch. I recommend the dlc but I'm biased, hell, anyone here probably is.
No, I just barely started it, then lost all my saves for everything :( I will most likely get the dlc no matter what is in it, it looks like there is already so much more content than Demon's Souls and I sunk more time into that than just about any other game I've played, so that's awesome, I hate when dlc is a waste of money.

I'll have to check out that video on Dark Souls 2 tomorrow, I really hope they don't ruin the series.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Btw..if anyone needs help running through the game on PSN I'd be more than happy to help out. Hell...we can also do trades and what not to acquire items that we may have missed or didn't farm.

LEGEND

YES!
Well it wasn't too hard to max out on small and large titanite, but I guess I could go just level all of my random armor with that and twinkling.
Buy stocks of Green Blossom, homeward bones, Resins to where you are maxed out in inv and BB

And of Course Max out a Pyromancey glove, even if you don't have any ATT you can still trade it to snuggles for a red slab

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Buy stocks of Green Blossom, homeward bones, Resins to where you are maxed out in inv and BB

And of Course Max out a Pyromancey glove, even if you don't have any ATT you can still trade it to snuggles for a red slab
alright, I didn't know you had a separate limit in your box and inventory

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yeah it sometimes gets to you.

Once you play enough you learn to actually use the lag in your favor.

be patient young padawan, free yourself of emotion
haha I'm beating people who just fish for lag backstabs most of the time now, really annoying when they have tons of poise though.

while you're looking I had two questions

A. What are some of the best Shields for PvP

B. How do you deal with people with multiple stacks of WotG?

C. Is Medium Roll (Below 50%) unacceptable in PvP or is it okay?

Impose

A Call For Blood
haha I'm beating people who just fish for lag backstabs most of the time now, really annoying when they have tons of poise though.

while you're looking I had two questions

A. What are some of the best Shields for PvP

B. How do you deal with people with multiple stacks of WotG?

C. Is Medium Roll (Below 50%) unacceptable in PvP or is it okay?
A. Grass Crest Shield, Crest Shield, Dark Hand, Black Knight Shield. In that order

B. Roll stab them. Meaning when you see them start to cast. Roll at them assuming you have light roll or ninja flip. You are invulnerable for about a second to basically everything while rolling. Roll through the wrath of the gods and get your free backstab.

C. It CAN work, but you need the mobility of light roll/ninja flip to be able to do anything seriously

EGP Wonder_Chef

A. Grass Crest Shield, Crest Shield, Dark Hand, Black Knight Shield. In that order

B. Roll stab them. Meaning when you see them start to cast. Roll at them assuming you have light roll or ninja flip. You are invulnerable for about a second to basically everything while rolling. Roll through the wrath of the gods and get your free backstab.

C. It CAN work, but you need the mobility of light roll/ninja flip to be able to do anything seriously
Okay, is Ninja Flip worth it even post nerf?

And I tried that with the WotG people, guess it's just sorta harder in lag.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Ninja flip has a longer roll distance and longer invincibility frames, there is almost no time not to have it if you have the opportunity.

From what I know it requires 25% burden now. Basically the only thing about my builds that will change is they get lighter.
If you have a set of gear you absolutely have to have. Use RoFap and Havels ring to get to light roll.
If you have light gear already, use RoFap and Flip ring.

Unless you're using hornet ring to fish for backstabs or parry a lot. There is no other ring in this game to really have. The rings in this game sadly only have like 3 tiers. Stupid broken godlike OP. Thats rofap. High tier. and shit tier.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Killphil

Okay, is Ninja Flip worth it even post nerf?

And I tried that with the WotG people, guess it's just sorta harder in lag.
Well, it gives you 50% more breathing room for your invulnerability window, and lbsh, if you have all that you really don't need to worry about getting hit by stuff do you? :) I was crying for the longest about DWGR because I didn't like using it like everyone else and now that its nerfed I may consider it.

After I put some more work into this faith build I'm going to run an int build with power within. I learned some really interesting things about the spell and I think its time I use stuff that I'm not accustomed to.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Well, it gives you 50% more breathing room for your invulnerability window, and lbsh, if you have all that you really don't need to worry about getting hit by stuff do you? :) I was crying for the longest about DWGR because I didn't like using it like everyone else and now that its nerfed I may consider it.

After I put some more work into this faith build I'm going to run an int build with power within. I learned some really interesting things about the spell and I think its time I use stuff that I'm not accustomed to.
Whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade the pyro glove that you use that spell with

Killphil

Whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade the pyro glove that you use that spell with
Even better, use the lingering dragoncrest ring to add 50% more time to the spell while not taking any more health than it normally does, effectively slowing down the health drain even further, while keeping your character buffed.

Killphil

I heard it was considerably less than that.
It just may be. All I can seem to find is either a forum where people complain about not being able to flip with heavy armor or that it "adds frames to your invulnerability window" all sly like. Anyway, I did find some interesting changes that I didn't know about before. Here they are. Patch 1.06:

-Dark Wood Grain Ring effect nerfed; now activates at 25% equip load and below rather than 50%
-Hornet Ring critical increase nerfed from 50% to 30%
-Mask of the Father effect nerfed to 5%
-Mask of the Mother effect nerfed to 10%
-Mask of the Child effect nerfed to ~33.3%
-Rapier and Spear weapon turtling takes more stamina
-Two-handed Greatsword R1 swing speed is slower. One-handed swing speed remains unchanged
-Ultra-Greatsword swing speed slightly lowered to prevent stunlocking
-Homing Crystal Soulmass and Homing Soulmass nerfed.
-Non-scaling upgrade paths Chaos, Lightning and Fire nerfed by ~10%
-PC and Xbox can now port-forward to reduce online lag.
-Elite Knight set fixed; its poise is now 46 in the NA versions
-Eagle Shield physical damage reduction is now 95%
-All roll speeds (except for Ninja Flip) buffed. They are now faster and possibly have greater invulnerability frames.

Impose

A Call For Blood
I need to get a TV for my room before I can really test out this new stuff. I can't just take my xbox to the LAN center xD

Killphil

I spent like 2+ hours trying to kill Kalameet last night. Waiting to summon my friend and retrieve my bloodstain, I got up to let the dog back in. Of course I get invaded and killed. 300k gone. Not my biggest loss, but man is that shit annoying. I think my biggest loss in souls in this game was over 2 million. Man was I devastated at that one. :(

Since Killphil doesn't want to address it i feel it is my duty to do so. . . we need to get a clear understanding about the honor code in DS. either there is honor..or there isn't. If someone bows at me and i run and back stab them, am i surviving or cheesing? If they turn around and double invade me with one weilding wraith of god and the other a lightening uchigatana.. can i pull the ethernet code? or is that unfair to the two invaders?

Impose

A Call For Blood
Since Killphil doesn't want to address it i feel it is my duty to do so. . . we need to get a clear understanding about the honor code in DS. either there is honor..or there isn't. If someone bows at me and i run and back stab them, am i surviving or cheesing? If they turn around and double invade me with one weilding wraith of god and the other a lightening uchigatana.. can i pull the ethernet code? or is that unfair to the two invaders?
As an avid tournament player I can tell you what I base this code of honor on.

Things that happen when you invade.
If I know the person. Show respect, bow, don't chain stab, don't excessively fish for backstabs.
If someone is LOOKING to PvP, that is sitting in the forest or dark anor londo and they start crying that someone wasn't honorable. Tell them to go fuck themselves. If someone is doing PvE (you can usually tell 99% of the time if someone is looking to PvE) I will as an invader gladly let someone clear a room they are fighting monsters in then engage them.

However, this being said I also have the approach of the darkwraith attitude. Kill. End of story.
I embrace that fully when I'm on my dark wraiths. I will backstab, chain, circle abuse, dead angle, phantom strike, parry glitch, backstab glitch because it is my duty as a darkwraith to end them.

In tournament settings, you bow or you get kicked the fuck out of the tournament.