What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Power stancing the Chaos blade with the Washing pole is pretty sick. Since scaling is broke Im gonna need to infuse them though. My build looks sick too, dat mad warrior mask.

Damn this thread is dead. Where's everyone at?

Anyway, @R.E.O. just wanted to tag you to show you this thread. If you need help with anything just post it in here.
I'm still playing. I just feel bad coming to TYM and only talk about Dark Souls 2 lol. I don't play Injustice anymore (not sure why tbh) and don't have an XboxOne for KI. So I'm just playing Dark Souls 2 while I wait for USF4 and MK10.

These 3 videos sum up 80% my PvP experience so far:

Gimme dat fight money

Troll build

Scumbag strats

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
According to the level distribution chart, its a bell curve. It peaks at level 150, drops again, then rises beyond the 150 peak at 210+.

I tried to stay at 150 but I was already at 10M soul memory in NG. Then going through NG+ and farming for twinklings/petrified dragon bones quickly put me above 20M soul memory. At that point you can't find any signs and have trouble invading, but still get invaded by SL300+ layers. So I said screw it and kept leveling up.

Currently sitting on SL222 with 35M sm. And SM is going up fast due to random PvP wins. Never realized how much souls you could get from beating a higher level player. With just 20-30 red eye orbs I got like 1.5 to 2 million souls and I only won like half of the invasions. It's crazy.

I think I'm gonna level this character as much as possible (or stop at 270-300 to see what a good mundane build feels like). Then maybe start a new character for PvP. But I really don't feel like starting over again. All that farming and upgrading man... I wish we could store items in a bank/vault to exchange them between characters like we can in Borderlands 2.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm still playing. I just feel bad coming to TYM and only talk about Dark Souls 2 lol. I don't play Injustice anymore (not sure why tbh) and don't have an XboxOne for KI. So I'm just playing Dark Souls 2 while I wait for USF4 and MK10.
The only thing I talk about on here anymore is Dark Souls, lol.

I have a 150 character, but I don't ever play on it. I have 3 other characters that I'm not level capping and it's way more fun and rewarding. This game is definitely easier than Dark Souls 1, especially the boss fights. The only challenging fights are The Smelter Demon and maybe Darklurker. Vendrick takes awhile but if you know the right strat you won't take any damage, same with the Ancient Dragon. And the final boss fight is a joke really.

Anyway, liking the PvP now. There's a lot of broken shit, but it's still pretty fun. Dark Magic is once again OP, in both PvE and PvP, but oh well. I'm sure it'll get a nerf.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
PVP is still fun. But organized pvp is now a thing of the past. Which stinks tbh. The future of pvp in this game will be everyone using th megamule to pvp at low SM. Unless they patch it

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
It was a thrown projectile like the throwing knives.

Tonight's the night of weird shit, got some dude with 10 adp who was rolling all my roll punishes to the point where the hit that killed him broke my washing pole and just now I attacked the mimic in aldias keep and it launched me all the way to the stairs where I super jumped again to the cliffs. Damn.
It was probably the R2 attack from the Spider Fang. It shoots a web that slows you down. WEB BALL!!!!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tonight's the night of weird shit, got some dude with 10 adp who was rolling all my roll punishes to the point where the hit that killed him broke my washing pole.
If you have around 45% equip load or lower, it's as if you have 110 agility. ADP is only necessary for parries and PvE stuff, imo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So it's confirmed that soul memory not level is what matchmaking is based on?
Well it's definitely not based on SL, at least not in the arena. At SL 185 and 6.5M SM, I've faced multiple SL 838's, the max level. I have no clue how you can get to 838 while staying within my SM range, so there must also be another factor. This is in NG+ btw.

Anyway, been working on my parrying recently. Parrying is such a satisfying and rewarding mechanic in Dark Souls. You can bait people so easily into attacking right when you want them to, then bam... parry into weapon swap to dagger for like 1500 dmg.

Side note, anyone else agree that the jesters chest piece is OP? At least with the ironclad armor you have to invest in VIT since it weighs like 30.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
If you have around 45% equip load or lower, it's as if you have 110 agility. ADP is only necessary for parries and PvE stuff, imo.
It's not just about movement speed / roll speed though, mechanically high AGI grants iframes to rolls and backdodge. It becomes pretty ridiculous at high levels.

Also the Red/Blue Arenas are a hot mess because there are no SL/SM restrictions so you can be matched with people extremely over-leveled than you. It might try and que you initially with people your level but if you're not matched, it's just one huge ass que regardless of SL/SM.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
SO pvp has just officially been broke. With 110 agility you can cancel parry animations with backstep and it will still parry.

SO pvp has just officially been broke. With 110 agility you can cancel parry animations with backstep and it will still parry.
Really? lol. Dat free win option-select.

I only learned last week that pretty much all weapons can infinite stunlock with RB, LB, RB, LB etc. if they have enough range to keep hitting and if you have enough stamina to keep it going. Not a fan of this and I find it hard to believe that it would be intended.

This makes Lances and Spears pretty powerful. With small clubs I can only stunlock for 3 hits before they are out of range.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How would katanas thrive more? They are already easy as hell to parry. This makes it even EASIER.
Because katanas only use running R1, roll R1 and very rarely R1.

You don't parry a katana's hit, you parry its timing, which can change and punish you with a combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Really? lol. Dat free win option-select.

I only learned last week that pretty much all weapons can infinite stunlock with RB, LB, RB, LB etc. if they have enough range to keep hitting and if you have enough stamina to keep it going. Not a fan of this and I find it hard to believe that it would be intended.

This makes Lances and Spears pretty powerful. With small clubs I can only stunlock for 3 hits before they are out of range.
Demon's Souls was almost exclusively about full HP stunlocks.

How would katanas thrive more? They are already easy as hell to parry. This makes it even EASIER.
Katanas were not easy to parry lol. So tired of hearing that bullshit. You just did random parry when you saw them run. But good players could just fake you, delay running attack or stop their run short and got for a plunging or strong attack to punish your parry.

You can't parry Katanas on reaction. You parry them because the players you fight are weeabo scrubs and overly predictable.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Katanas were not easy to parry lol. So tired of hearing that bullshit. You just did random parry when you saw them run. But good players could just fake you, delay running attack or stop their run short and got for a plunging or strong attack to punish your parry.

You can't parry Katanas on reaction. You parry them because the players you fight are weeabo scrubs and overly predictable.
Plunging or strong are not really recommended due to being hugely whiff punishable.

Katanas have always had top tier footsies but lacked the strength to trade hits with most things.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's not just about movement speed / roll speed though, mechanically high AGI grants iframes to rolls and backdodge. It becomes pretty ridiculous at high levels.
Yeah, but if you plan on capping at SL 150, the only reason to pump anything into ADP is if you have over 65% equip load. Sure, 110 agility is better than 90, but it's not worth it if you're level capping, imo. I'd rather have 20 more points in Vigor or Endurance. In fact, having around 40 END or more is a lot more useful than people think.

Also the Red/Blue Arenas are a hot mess because there are no SL/SM restrictions so you can be matched with people extremely over-leveled than you. It might try and que you initially with people your level but if you're not matched, it's just one huge ass que regardless of SL/SM.
Oh really? Why the hell would they do that? Of all places, the ARENA should be the most restricted since it's as controlled as you can get without outside rules. Also, they really need to disallow healing in the arena. I know people will just get like 10 faith and use skeptics to get great heal, but great heal takes like 500% longer than estus or lifegems, and you at least have to make some sort of sacrifice if you're not a faith build.

You can very rarely parry anything on reaction. It's like 90% prediction, 5% reaction and 5% luck. But there's very easy ways to bait an attack, aka a set-up parry.

Also, you can cancel the running R1 attack if you roll in the first few frames of the move. Same with any attack, but it's so good on the running R1's especially from the Kitanas.

Katanas have always had top tier footsies but lacked the strength to trade hits with most things.
Except in this game. Kitanas can hit for massive damage with the right stats and buffs, aka resonant weapon. Not to mention counter hit damage.