What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Didn't beat the game yet, but really REALLY wanted to start my Pyromancing Sorcerer playthrough. Killed the pursuer when you first encounter him when you go up the ladder. Having that big open space made it sooo much easier. Also, being able to do ~100 damage from the Soul Arrows at long range made the fight a breeze. Was hoping you'd get something special for beating him early, but you get the same 2 things you get normally. However, getting the ring of blades that early does help out, since eventhough I'm a sorcerer, I'm using the heide knight sword as a back up.

Finally figured out that the area above where you get that flame sword is an end game area you can't access yet. Looked everywhere in game and tried to research on the interwebs but couldn't find shit about it. In one of ENB's vids he mentions it's an end game area, so yeah. Anyway, figured out you can jump down to those flame toads with the cat ring that reduces fall damage. There's a certain place you can jump down and survive, and then attempt to pick up all the items. I killed the fire toad to the left before I jumped down with soul arrows. Since he's so far down, you can't lock on to him but you can still hit him if you manually aim. The one to the right you have to kill while you're down there, but you can just go the right, and not get too close and just spam souls arrows to take him out. Just did them same in the lower area. I know you can come back later and open the door before the giant tree boss but if you're a sorcerer, I'd advise you do it asap just so you don't have to come back later.

Speaking of hidden things, found out some other stuff in the tutorial area. Like there being an item behind the waterfall and a hungry hippo in that area too that drops a stone ring. Also found that once you complete the tutorial, you can go back to the witches and talk to one of them and she'll give you something.
The flame longsword? You can get there without the cat ring and without engaging the salamander thingys. Right from the bonfire with Melentia you head out the door you came in and there is a platform on the left that you can drop down to. The courtyard you end up in is attached to the hallway with the flame longsword. Plus you get other items that were down there too.

The item the maid gives you is the handmaiden's ladel. It's a terrible weapon, so I bet people will try playthroughs with the thing.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Which video? All his recent videos are walkthroughs, none of which mention he discusses stats. Might want to link which video you're talking about, lol.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about this video:
My bad, forgot something :p. Yeah, I think it's the second part of his walkthrough, goes through the new stats and what they do

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Did the golden Vendrick knights drop it or, did you find it?
I went almost all Falchion my first playthrough and added Manslayer near the end. In NG+ I'm using Black knight Halberd and its awesome.
Also, I knew you'd be lurking around in here.
Lol, some enemies in Drangleic Castle did (I have two if you want one.) The Black Knight Halberd is my swap out weapon, Fire and Lightning charged respectively. My arsenal of Sunlight Spears makes this setup unstoppable.

Who's playing Fashion Souls and who's picking armor smart? My Faraam set with Vengarl's helm has me fat rolling but looking badass

Lol, some enemies in Drangleic Castle did (I have two if you want one.) The Black Knight Halberd is my swap out weapon, Fire and Lightning charged respectively. My arsenal of Sunlight Spears makes this setup unstoppable.

Who's playing Fashion Souls and who's picking armor smart? My Faraam set with Vengarl's helm has me fat rolling but looking badass
I'm wearing the Heide Knight armour (knights who don't attack you until you attack them), Elite Knight helmet, Faraam boots, and Vengarl's gloves. I roll normally and it looks fucking amazing.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane

Fashion souls at all times. Rocking Falconer aror, lucatiels hat/mask whatever its called, drangleic gloves and pants. I look like a muskateer with a v for vendetta mask.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Being a sorceress for PvE so far is sooo much easier. The regular enemies AND bosses are no problem. Only took me like 5 tries to kill the sentinels, and every other boss I've killed on the first try. I know it's going to be easier regardless since I've already beaten them before, but as a sorceress... man it's like cake.

The flame longsword? You can get there without the cat ring and without engaging the salamander thingys. Right from the bonfire with Melentia you head out the door you came in and there is a platform on the left that you can drop down to. The courtyard you end up in is attached to the hallway with the flame longsword. Plus you get other items that were down there too.

The item the maid gives you is the handmaiden's ladel. It's a terrible weapon, so I bet people will try playthroughs with the thing.
Lol, I'm not talking about that area. I'm talking about the area above it. Directly above where the flame longsword is, there's an area you cannot get to until endgame. You can see an item up there and to the right you can see a tree giant.

As for the area with the flame toads, you can only get there by jumping with the cat ring or other fall reducing equipment, or the iron keep key.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
So yeah, anyone that knows domthybomb knows about the megamule glitch from Dark Souls 1. Well guess what's back?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
just lost 110,000 souls on my new character (sl 41) due to the Belfry luna

Fuck that place, and all who serve it
Lol, I just idle in there and wait for people to invade. I put the cat ring on and keep falling down the holes and they ALWAYS follow me. They get to about half health and then I two shot them. Stay free.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yup. I supported in DS1 because it was late life and helped with PVP. Game's been out a week and they give us a repec option here. Nooooooo fucking excuse
Not arguing with you, but I don't support either pack mule or box glitching. Box glitch was a glitch..not intended and so its removal was warranted. Pack mule involves porting files onto your ps3/xbox from an outside source. I'm not cool with either.

I was wrong to take some items from a person who had used the exploit too. (just throwing that out there in case he sees it)

just lost 110,000 souls on my new character (sl 41) due to the Belfry luna

Fuck that place, and all who serve it

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Not arguing with you, but I don't support either pack mule or box glitching. Box glitch was a glitch..not intended and so its removal was warranted. Pack mule involves porting files onto your ps3/xbox from an outside source. I'm not cool with either.

I was wrong to take some items from a person who had used the exploit too. (just throwing that out there in case he sees it)

I was talking the DS1 mule more than the BB glitch. Did make SL1 runs not as impressive and fucked over new players, but I think there was more good than bad in the first mule

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So when are we going to talk about the most broken PvP weapon in the game? I haven't faced many people who have used it, but the people that have... body me pretty hard. No it's not the power stance Caestus's, which are actually really good too. No, I'm talking about a weapon that was highly mocked in DS1... the fucking Whip! I've faced a few players who have enchanted whips, with buffs... that do about 35% of damage per hit, maybe even more than that!

Maybe it's my lack of shield use or something, or lack of heavy armor that is making the whip do insane damage. Or maybe the buffed whips are actually really good, and I'm not bad afterall. Eh, probably not, I'm probably just bad.

LEGEND

YES!
Whips are really good, biggest weakness is their recovery. If you tank one of their attacks then you get a free hit most of the time, or you can out space it and punish with a throwing knife

dodging them doesn't usually yield any kind of punish unless you try to roll bs on read and they just straight up wiff their attack

Maybe it's my lack of shield use or something, or lack of heavy armor that is making the whip do insane damage. Or maybe the buffed whips are actually really good, and I'm not bad afterall. Eh, probably not, I'm probably just bad.
Not having a shield definitely makes trying to get the spacing down very risky and not having any kind of poise can get you stunned by them.

looks like they're just a really good counter to your build

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
So when are we going to talk about the most broken PvP weapon in the game? I haven't faced many people who have used it, but the people that have... body me pretty hard. No it's not the power stance Caestus's, which are actually really good too. No, I'm talking about a weapon that was highly mocked in DS1... the fucking Whip! I've faced a few players who have enchanted whips, with buffs... that do about 35% of damage per hit, maybe even more than that!

Whips have an insane counter-attack window and therefor get blown the fuck up by anyone with 38 adp and proper roll skills.... I use power stance duel poison manslayers and absolutely wreck people with whips

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I think the megamule is a great thing. It allows people to experience whatever kind of build they want without having to grind for the levels and equipment they need. It also allows people that enjoy the game, but struggle with its difficulty, to indirectly lower the difficulty so they can enjoy it. Me personally, I won't use this until I beat the game, but once I do, I'll definitely be putting this to use. I understand that it makes lower SL characters a harder time if they get invaded, but to be honest, if you're worried about dying to an invader that might be broke, you probably would've lost either way, because most people that are trying to grief, would have dumb stuff at low level anyways. Also, I'm the type of player that only really makes use of this for the adventuring experience, and helping people that I'm in the worlds for, so people wouldn't really be able to complain about me personally using this.

LEGEND

YES!
Dude why are you running around with 100K souls? I rarely sport more than 10K on me at any given time.
speed running through the game on a new character. Got a really dumb death to the gargoyles and just as i was about to reach the fog gate to go back a guy popped up from the ground blocking my way

didn't think that i would be invaded and cut off from the fog in the short amount of time it takes to run up the 2 sets of stairs. I'd been in the belfries quite a bit and it always takes several minutes for me to get invaded

overconfidence got the best of me. i usually dont carry around that many souls either

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can't play for a couple of days, stuck in the middle of leveling my new strength build. So many weapons I want to try in this game.

Hate how they freaking nerfed the recovery on ornstein's spear, as if I don't have to sacrifice my buffed weapon or otherwise build around it...

Next on my list are greatswords, ultra greatswords, experimenting with stats and spell spices + black knight halberd and boss weapons. I need to find the item that suits me.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
speed running through the game on a new character. Got a really dumb death to the gargoyles and just as i was about to reach the fog gate to go back a guy popped up from the ground blocking my way

didn't think that i would be invaded and cut off from the fog in the short amount of time it takes to run up the 2 sets of stairs. I'd been in the belfries quite a bit and it always takes several minutes for me to get invaded

overconfidence got the best of me. i usually dont carry around that many souls either
Gotcha. I always make a mad dash and get invaded instantly. I also get called to invade within being in a Belfry for like 5 seconds if I've got my ring on.

BellBro shit is intense. lol. But those titanite chunks are so worth it.