What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's agility, not adaptability that makes the stat useful. Comparing 3 ADP to 20 ADP is irrelevant. You need to compare max agility, 110, with like 80 agility or something lower (idk what the base agility is).

Also, iframes are very important, so I have no clue why you wouldn't want as many as possible. If you're still getting hit, you're either timing your rolls poorly, have shit spacing, or you're trying roll certain moves that will still hit you after the roll recovery, like the spin to win move or longer moves like that. Either that, or you don't have max agility or simply... blame the lag, lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's agility, not adaptability that makes the stat useful. Comparing 3 ADP to 20 ADP is irrelevant. You need to compare max agility, 110, with like 80 agility or something lower (idk what the base agility is).
Which is basically adaptability. One of the only two stats that give agility.

LEGEND

YES!
At least for Pure Dex builds maxing at 150. Adp is way worth it when you compare it to getting only 1 stamina per level, 1LB of carry weight, Not even a point of damage per level or 5 HP per level

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
At least for Pure Dex builds maxing at 150. Adp is way worth it when you compare it to getting only 1 stamina per level, 1LB of carry weight, Not even a point of damage per level or 5 HP per level
I'm using a Claymore, so I run 27 STR and 40 DEX. And yeah, ADP is extremely useful no matter how you look at it, but especially for DEX heavy builds. But, after you get 110 Agility, I'd just pour the rest into whatever. I might just stop at 40 DEX, and put the rest into stamina since it doesn't ever cap from what I've heard. Maybe get 50 DEX on this build, not too sure. Once I beat the game, I'm making a completely new build anyway, PyroSorcerer all day! May even do a PryoFaithSorcerer build so I can use Hex's, not sure yet. Since Pyromancy scales with both faith and int now, I'm really wanting to take advantage of that.

Might be awhile before I beat the game though, really busy with life right now. School, work and going to my sisters wedding tomorrow (ugghhh). But, I'm really close to the end, have about 40 hours in and the only place I know I can go right now is the Drangleic Castle, but not sure if I missed something. Gonna look it up Sunday, and try and finish it so I can get started on my other character.

Also, this game, PvE wise, is so much better than DS1. It's longer, harder, and more fun (insert dick joke). Can't wait for NG+... which since when I beat the game I'm making a new character... might be awhile before I get to test NG+ out. Same shit happened to me in DS1, I never beat it on NG+. I either just started doing PvP, or made a new build... lol.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What purpose does forward + R1 serve? I really miss the kick. Just bought a Claymore from the wolf-helmet brah chilling in that pile of stones. I am at 70 sl. I think the Clay is better this time around (horizontal 2h R1 yyyay).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What purpose does forward + R1 serve? I really miss the kick. Just bought a Claymore from the wolf-helmet brah chilling in that pile of stones. I am at 70 sl. I think the Clay is better this time around (horizontal 2h R1 yyyay).
Where was this dude?

F and light attack breaks guard automaticly, after which your next f light attack is a guaranteed crit

LEGEND

YES!
anyone else running into a ton of over leveled people in Designated Pvp areas on NG+ ?

Noone seems to be stopping at 150.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
anyone else running into a ton of over leveled people in Designated Pvp areas on NG+ ?

And why anyone would stop? There is a matchmaking system, anyway: since Soul memory doesn't matter on NG+, you're only going to face against opponents who are 15 levels higher or lower than you.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Watch EpicNameBro's stuff on stats, apparently they go more hand in hand then on their own.

And just got a Syan Halberd. Bossssss for Dex players

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I rolled a new guy, primarily dex. Dropped shield all together in pvp and have just been dual wielding either 2 rapiers or dagger mainhand rapier offhand. The rapier parry is significantly better than shield parry (except the buckler, that is pretty good). Sitting at 100agl and honestly i feel like my rolls are a little too good right now. Been destroying pretty much everyone.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
At first I wanted to ragemail at these guys in grave of saints. Then I realized that the rat covenant actually pulls people into your game so you can body them with the enemies in the area as well. I was like "wtf who doesn't kill the damn enemies in the level?" I wasn't sure why I was "invading" other players' games in that area either.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
At first I wanted to ragemail at these guys in grave of saints. Then I realized that the rat covenant actually pulls people into your game so you can body them with the enemies in the area as well. I was like "wtf who doesn't kill the damn enemies in the level?" I wasn't sure why I was "invading" other players' games in that area either.

Hahaha. I only got summoned one time by that covenant, had no idea wth was going on, and manage to kill the host.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

So this game has an area like the forest and forest hunter covenant in DKS1 where you can invade gankers no matter how overleveled you are? All I want is to overlevel to like 300-500 sl in ng+6 or something, so I can play any way I want and not make multiple characters.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
And why anyone would stop? There is a matchmaking system, anyway: since Soul memory doesn't matter on NG+, you're only going to face against opponents who are 15 levels higher or lower than you.
It's for PvP. For one, it's so you can easily match up with other people who are PvP'ing. As of now, a lot of players have agreed on stopping at SL150 for PvP. The main reason there's a cap is so you can't just level to 500+ and be able to do and have everything. At SL500, you being a "sorcerer" doesn't matter when you can also at the same time be a faith build, dex, strength and pretty much everything all at once. Capping it at 150 forces you to make more unique builds designed to focus on a certain playstyle. You obviously can have variety in the build, but you can't have and do everything which is the point in capping.

150 isn't set in stone, it's just what a lot of people have agreed on. It could be lowered or raised, just depends on how the meta progresses and how PvP changes based on what we learn and based on updates/patches. Also, if you just say fuck the community and overlevel, you won't get nearly as many PvP encounters if you invade people. You will still get people invading you though, but you will 99% of the time be invaded by players much lower leveled than you are... which means boring fights most of the time imo.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
i don't feel as if you're supposed to stop leveling in this game. i really liked sl100 for a soft cap in dks but this game seems to be all about getting to a high level and keep pushing through the new game plus levels. i will not be stopping at 150 on my first character.
i am making a 150 dex/fai vig gouge build to see how stupid the future will be if 150 stays though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I like that Vitality will outweigh Vigor if you go for a heavy build. The stats affect more than what they let on. Like the hidden poise raise between endurance/adaptability. Physical resistance adding through strength/magic through intelligence..etc. Really interesting stuff.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Watch EpicNameBro's stuff on stats, apparently they go more hand in hand then on their own.
Which video? All his recent videos are walkthroughs, none of which mention he discusses stats. Might want to link which video you're talking about, lol.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about this video:

And just got a Syan Halberd. Bossssss for Dex players
Did the golden Vendrick knights drop it or, did you find it?
I went almost all Falchion my first playthrough and added Manslayer near the end. In NG+ I'm using Black knight Halberd and its awesome.
Also, I knew you'd be lurking around in here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Didn't beat the game yet, but really REALLY wanted to start my Pyromancing Sorcerer playthrough. Killed the pursuer when you first encounter him when you go up the ladder. Having that big open space made it sooo much easier. Also, being able to do ~100 damage from the Soul Arrows at long range made the fight a breeze. Was hoping you'd get something special for beating him early, but you get the same 2 things you get normally. However, getting the ring of blades that early does help out, since eventhough I'm a sorcerer, I'm using the heide knight sword as a back up.

Finally figured out that the area above where you get that flame sword is an end game area you can't access yet. Looked everywhere in game and tried to research on the interwebs but couldn't find shit about it. In one of ENB's vids he mentions it's an end game area, so yeah. Anyway, figured out you can jump down to those flame toads with the cat ring that reduces fall damage. There's a certain place you can jump down and survive, and then attempt to pick up all the items. I killed the fire toad to the left before I jumped down with soul arrows. Since he's so far down, you can't lock on to him but you can still hit him if you manually aim. The one to the right you have to kill while you're down there, but you can just go the right, and not get too close and just spam souls arrows to take him out. Just did them same in the lower area. I know you can come back later and open the door before the giant tree boss but if you're a sorcerer, I'd advise you do it asap just so you don't have to come back later.

Speaking of hidden things, found out some other stuff in the tutorial area. Like there being an item behind the waterfall and a hungry hippo in that area too that drops a stone ring. Also found that once you complete the tutorial, you can go back to the witches and talk to one of them and she'll give you something.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Really not feeling the idea of sl cap at 150. It opens too many options. Really don't want this to turn into full havels wearing casters with quick rolls and 110 agi. The higher the standard for PVP the less variety we will see.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
So I asceticed Freja and got me the Moonlight Great Sword early in my current NG.....

....heh....heh heh....heh hah ha....HAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
So this game has an area like the forest and forest hunter covenant in DKS1 where you can invade gankers no matter how overleveled you are? All I want is to overlevel to like 300-500 sl in ng+6 or something, so I can play any way I want and not make multiple characters.
That would be the Bell Keeper Covenant in the Belfry Luna/Sol.