What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

skahwt

Mortal
I'm the same. I love helping people but when it comes to my playthrough I want to do everything alone. I've already failed though because I had to summon help for the 3 soldiers of the Lost Bastille. The first one was easy to solo but then you had to take on the other two at the same time and I have no idea how that's even possible with such a low SL and low level gear.

I've also had phantoms for the first Demon of Iron Keep. I just didn't have good enough gear to withstand his fire sword attacks. I did solo the big demon though. But he was static and kinda predictable. Plus he was weak to lightning so it was relatively easy.

I think I've solo'd every other boss in the game so far. I'm going at the shrine and castle next.
Same here. I wanted to go solo my first play through but after about my 30th try fighting the sentinels I caved and summoned help. No other boss has come even close in difficulty but I have a ways to go still.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
The ruin sentinels typically attack in turn based fashion in my experience. One usually steps back and gaurds while one attacks. It took me a few tries on them but there weren't any fights in the game that I'd consider on O&S/Maneater level of unfairness. The boss ganks have a much more fair design in this game and feels less about capitalizing lucky pattern.
Now the gimmicks they use to add "challenge" to certain fights... that's another thing entirely.

Vulcan Hades

Champion
omg you can actually farm for infinite Slabs in the Castle. Really? Damn.. this used to be the rarest of materials and now I have like 20. I have more Slabs than chunks! And more large titanites than titanite shards, man that's fucked up. The rarity seems ass backwards.

Last edited:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
omg you can actually farm for infinite Slabs in the Castle. Really? Damn.. this used to be the rarest of materials and now I have like 20. I have more Slabs than chunks! And more large titanites than titanite shards, man that's fucked up. The rarity seems ass backwards.
You'll find a vendor of these goods where you can buy shards/large shards infinitely. I forget about chunks/slabs though. But she does sell those too.

Vulcan Hades

Champion
You'll find a vendor of these goods where you can buy shards/large shards infinitely. I forget about chunks/slabs though. But she does sell those too.
She? You mean the girl with the nice rack? lol I already have her in Majula but she only sold like 10 shards.. Now she's out of stock. Or do you mean someone else..

McDuff only sells me large ones.

LEGEND

YES!
Elder God
She? You mean the girl with the nice rack? lol I already have her in Majula but she only sold like 10 shards.. Now she's out of stock. Or do you mean someone else..

McDuff only sells me large ones.
once you are near the end of the game she sells chunks for 6000 a piece with no limit

Vulcan Hades

Champion
once you are near the end of the game she sells chunks for 6000 a piece with no limit
Good to know but I already have plenty of chunks. But I just went back to Majula and now she sells infinite titanite shards. :)

Now I can FINALLY start upgrading stuff at SL150... It's about time..

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
So is poise completely worthless or what? I haven't done any PvP but that seems to be the consensus on a lot of the forums I've browsed.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
So is poise completely worthless or what? I haven't done any PvP but that seems to be the consensus on a lot of the forums I've browsed.
i'm honestly not sure but I've prioritized roll distance myself. i think it may push you out of stunlock faster but that's just a guess. i think it's safe to say the stupid hyper armor is gone though which is awesome.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
i'm honestly not sure but I've prioritized roll distance myself. i think it may push you out of stunlock faster but that's just a guess. i think it's safe to say the stupid hyper armor is gone though which is awesome.
I think it's safe to asume high poise is not as good as it was in DK1. I'm not a big fan of PVP in this game (I hate playing it with lag), but I've been able to stunlock every single heavy armored guy I've found in PVP just with a pair of good old Uchigatanas. Seems to me the heavy armored tanks are the low tier here.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
I think it's safe to asume high poise is not as good as it was in DK1. I'm not a big fan of PVP in this game (I hate playing it with lag), but I've been able to stunlock every single heavy armored guy I've found in PVP just with a pair of good old Uchigatanas. Seems to me the heavy armored tanks are the low tier here.
could be true. i wouldn't write it off just yet though. needs some more exploration imo.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
OK so Yesterday I tried the game until I got to Majula with a warrior, got a Channeler's Trident from the Crow's nest in exchange for the petrified something. Performing any action is dangerously slow, but leveling up adaptability to some point should solve that right?

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
OK so Yesterday I tried the game until I got to Majula with a warrior, got a Channeler's Trident from the Crow's nest in exchange for the petrified something. Performing any action is dangerously slow, but leveling up adaptability to some point should solve that right?
in my opinion you shouldn't go passed 15 i personally like 10 but yeah it'll speed certain things up. some claim it makes your roll much better but i haven't noticed anything crazy and i bumped it to 25 very early on before i respec'd.

Vulcan Hades

Champion
10 ADP is decent enough. I never really noticed because I usually wear somewhat heavy gear. But I recently changed to light clothes and I'm evading everything with rolls lol. It's awesome.

I've helped people fight bosses practically naked and it feels good man. My roll has enough range and invincibility frames to the point where I'm confident I can evade 90% of attacks on reaction.

When I respec I'm gonna try 20. Actually I'm tempted to start another character just to test the differences and see if it's worth it.

LEGEND

YES!
Elder God
i have 33 Adaptability simply because no other stat was really worth it (maxing to SL150)

Feels really good. I went from like 8 adp to 33 so the difference was extremely noticeable

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
i have 33 Adaptability simply because no other stat was really worth it (maxing to SL150)

Feels really good. I went from like 8 adp to 33 so the difference was extremely noticeable
I have 36 ADP to get the max AGL before the diminishing returns, 110.

After that point, you get barely any AGL bonus, for a shocking total of 116...at ADP 99.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I have 20 ADP at the mo, down from 25 on my sorcery build as Atunement also raises your Agility. It feels fine but if i was leveling for pvp i personally would keep it at 1 and give myself extra stats elsewhere. It is a "quality of life" kind of stat. Having more iframes on your rolls is nice but the pvp at the moment seems to be more about stamina and guard breaking than dodging and punishing. Bleed reduces your max stamina to 50% now rather than doing a % chunk of health, and Dex scales your Bleed bonuses instead of just another damage split, and with the poise changed to help your guard break recovery rather than increasing the "stagger-point" its quite a new experience.

Anyone who though ruin sentinels were hard, you can fight them 1 at a time if you know how to make them fall off the platform. The first sentinel will try to solo you until your feet touch the floor, so stay on the ledge with him and he will die. Next up the other 2 will walk round the top, cross the room and then head up 1 at a time to the platform. I managed to kill the second one with magic before he reached me, but you can get him to like 30-40% before the 3rd dude jumps up if you are melee and know how to dodge aggressively. When the third guy gets close (ready to jump) you want to position yourself in the corner close the center of the room and hope that 2nd-dude swings early. Dodge back off the platform, falling down with him, giving you another 10-20 seconds to kill him solo before the third one follows you down.

@AK Juggs - You can imbue boss/special weapons with stones at McDuffs' shop. Giving the MLGS a Magic stone, and then casting Crystal Magic Weapon on it gives you such a silly INT scaling and + Magic bonus that you are pretty much untouchable. You can chip people out as well because most shields dont resist magic damage fully.

@Vulcan Hades accidentally tagged you whoops :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I really think some of you are underestimating the value of max agility. It's understandable, as we really don't know the full benefits of it yet since it's completely new to the souls series. But it's such a good stat for both PvP and PvE. Honestly, blocking in PvP should be a rarity. There's so many ways to guard break and a lot of weapons get past shields. Rolling is going to be your best defense, as well as the backstep. Backstep is so quick in this game, I've already been able to really utilize it. Rolling isn't a guaranteed dodge though, you have to have good spacing and even then sometimes the lag plays a factor and you'll get hit by phantom ranges. Right now, I see no reason everyone shouldnt have max agility (110), if not just to test it's viability.

All this said, I've been punishing panic rolls with dead angles like mad. Don't panic roll kids!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you run max ADP you will underperform in the damage department, not worth it.

Backsteps are only good when you're at the edge of something hitting you, otherwise you'll get hit as it has no invincibility. I use it with my manslayer's running attack since backdashing and attacking triggers one right away.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
@Qwark28 ADP is far from useless, its a really good stat but ONLY because the "natural" movement/rolling iframes in DS2 are not what we are used to in DS1 . Personal opinion so feel free to call me out, but having 0-10 ADP and having 10 more stats else where is probably going to help a hell of a lot more than someone with a few extra iframes on their roll. Rolls are still going to be predicted and punished, if you roll through an attack and punish with your max Agi there is no reason to say you couldnt have timed the roll a couple frames differently to have the same effect.

- not a frame by frame analysis and theres no real indication of the invincibility difference in the rolls, but it seems to me you have to pump 20 into ADP to get a barely noticeable difference, but you need a bunch more Agility than that if you are planning on making use of it.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
If i roll with the intention to iframe something and i end up getting clipped the last thing i am thinking is "DAMN I WISH I LEVELED MY ADP MORE"

Im thinking "damn DS1 rolls were OP"