What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Dark bead made this game too easy, i just did kalameet and then killed gwyn for NG+. Now the first time around gwyn was almost challenging, this time round i walked in the room, power within, tin crystal catalyst, crown of dusk, bellowing dragoncrest ring. He did his lunging jumping attack as i was doing Dark Bead, he jumped face first into it and died in one shot.

Dark souls pls.
Doesn't seem like you should be able to actually one shot Gwyn on NG+

My 50 int char with all of those except for Power Within and Tin Crystalization Catalyst (Logan's Catalyst which is 2nd highest) does about 3k damage max if I land every hit of Dark Bead. So unless Power Within and Tin Crystalization make a spell do 50x more damage, it shouldn't be possible.

Even in the first playthrough he has like 20x that damage in life.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Doesn't seem like you should be able to actually one shot Gwyn on NG+

My 50 int char with all of those except for Power Within and Tin Crystalization Catalyst (Logan's Catalyst which is 2nd highest) does about 3k damage max if I land every hit of Dark Bead. So unless Power Within and Tin Crystalization make a spell do 50x more damage, it shouldn't be possible.

Even in the first playthrough he has like 20x that damage in life.
The Crown of Dusk + bellowing dragoncrest ring gives like 20% to base magic damage each, which then gets scaled with your int and tin crystal catalyst and the straight 40% damage boost from power within.

Without boosts its like 1600 if all the beads hit right in the face, so with the boosts its just a straight up kill.

Fuck the police.

Edit: read somewhere that Manus catalyst scales off STR too and works out as a bigger boost than TCC's magic boost, fuuuuuuuuuck this is madness.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yea pursuers and dark bead are retarded. I was doing really well in a 2v1...until the pursuers wound around the trees in the forest...I got hit by one and it took away 80% of my health. Jesus. The magic shouldn't hit that hard AND have the physical striking ability of the Demon's Greataxe.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Try rolling AT dark magic, if you have a fast roll, it will go in to the ground. You can also out run it where it will fizzle away, but I never felt cozy doing so, but alot of pvp is in close quarters, so unless you're in darkwood, not the best route.

Also, if you cast hidden body, mages need to be uber close to lock on and cast. Silver pendant is utterly friggin useless against it in PVP, so don't bother. I heard great magic barrier does wonders, but never tried it myself.

In closing, dark magic is brain dead stupid.

Edit-Also use a shield that has high magic def like Grass Crest Shield, Crest, or Dark Hand.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Try rolling AT dark magic, if you have a fast roll, it will go in to the ground. You can also out run it where it will fizzle away, but I never felt cozy doing so, but alot of pvp is in close quarters, so unless you're in darkwood, not the best route.

Also, if you cast hidden body, mages need to be uber close to lock on and cast. Silver pendant is utterly friggin useless against it in PVP, so don't bother. I heard great magic barrier does wonders, but never tried it myself.

In closing, dark magic is brain dead stupid.

Edit-Also use a shield that has high magic def like Grass Crest Shield, Crest, or Dark Hand.
don't even block magic lol

Your stamina meter ceases to exist at that point

Killphil

I just wanted to say I finally got the gold tracer and have it in my left hand on this new character. This is my first dual wield build, but damn is this gold tracer doing work! One heavy attack does massive damage from bleed. Any suggestions for the right hand weapon? I'm still toying with it and the whole power within craze thats sweeping the game (on psn). Should I stick to another weapon that builds bleed or use something with a little more range/striking power? :) Its a semi viable build, but for now I lack the ability to parry (weight limitations).

Killphil

Update: My god I can't believe I overlooked how effective bleed is. Unless someone has abnormally high bleed resistance than it only takes maybe 3 swings with the gold tracer to get the desired effect. I'm using it in the left hand, as I said. I'm using that and Priscilla's dagger in the right hand. If I can get someone's bleed up with the tracer and then actually get the effect using the dagger they'll lose max life from bleed (50% iirc). Have I done this? Not yet, as bleed from the tracer seems to do the trick. This build is very experimental for me.

-Lord's blade armor +5
-Lord's blade leggings +5
-Gold tracer +5 (l.hand)
-Priscilla's dagger+5 (r.hand) <---I switch this weapon around though
-pyromancy flame
-wolf's ring (poise up to 54) <----for pvp...for pve I just use the lingering dragoncrest ring
-RoFap

I think I have a target shield, but I don't really plan on using a shield for this one at all. Interesting note is that the heavy attack with the tracer in the right hand is the same as the light attack in the left hand. :)

So I've started playing a new build that seems right now like a really dumb idea but I'm doing it anyway. Zweihander, all the magics, and no shield.

Right now I'm hanging out around the Gargoyles helping people out so I can eventually get Great Lightning Spear.

So, I was wondering of there was anybody on the PS3 at around lvl 40 that would be willing to help me transfer some items between characters. I want to restart my Zweihander/Sorcery/Pyromancy/Miracles build to trim some fat but I want to save myself some time and souls by keeping the gear from the first run. I don't have anything really worth giving as compensation, but I would scrounge up some slabs if you like.

Also, IGN is appreantly going to debut some Dark Souls II gameplay footage tomorrow.

Killphil

FYI - 12 Minutes of Dark Souls II gameplay on IGN @ 3pm ET today. Friggin Hyped!
Holy hell! This has me interested, but I maintain my reservations about the game thus far. (Also thank god someone else posted in here. ) :p Thanks for the heads up too. Would of totally missed this.

Killphil

So, I was wondering of there was anybody on the PS3 at around lvl 40 that would be willing to help me transfer some items between characters. I want to restart my Zweihander/Sorcery/Pyromancy/Miracles build to trim some fat but I want to save myself some time and souls by keeping the gear from the first run. I don't have anything really worth giving as compensation, but I would scrounge up some slabs if you like.

Also, IGN is appreantly going to debut some Dark Souls II gameplay footage tomorrow.
I.....might be able to help you with this. (overlooked this initially) Let me check my characters and I'll get back to you later.

skahwt

Noob
Hey guys,

I just started playing this game after an extended break and am hopelessly lost. I was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

I just acquired the lord vessel and defeated the scaleless dragon in the Crystal Cave. I have no idea where to go next. I know it showed the four locations after I acquired the lord vessel but I don't know where the other three are. Can you at least give me a general idea where another location is? Thanks.

PS. I also get bodied every time someone invades. Any pvp advice would be appreciated.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hey guys,

I just started playing this game after an extended break and am hopelessly lost. I was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

I just acquired the lord vessel and defeated the scaleless dragon in the Crystal Cave. I have no idea where to go next. I know it showed the four locations after I acquired the lord vessel but I don't know where the other three are. Can you at least give me a general idea where another location is? Thanks.

PS. I also get bodied every time someone invades. Any pvp advice would be appreciated.
Uhhh, you can go fight Nito in the graveyard

Killphil

Hey guys,

Nito is down in the Catacombs/Tomb of Giants which, when you go into the graveyard at firelink is on the left. Kill or run by the first two skeltons and then the second two and you should see a stairway on the left.

The four kings requires you go through the forest (either from Andre the blacksmith, or the tower where havel was) and kill Sif to acquire the covenant of Artorias. You can go through new londo now that you have the lordvessel and get the key to the seal from ingward. With the city not flooded, you can fight the four kings down there.

And finally, we have the Bed of Chaos. I won't give you a huge play-by-play, but know that you need to defeat: The ceaseless discharge(demon ruins), Firesage(demon ruins) and the Centipede Demon to get to the bed of chaos in Lost Izalith.

Killphil

Any thoughts on the footage for Dark Souls 2? Its pretty 'meh' for me right now. We don't know what else they have in store, and a lot of stuff just looked like regular Dark Souls. I guess that's not such a bad thing though. I do like that enemies can break through walls and such. Maybe we won't be able to abuse certain physics in this game? I'm curious as to how multiplayer is going to work. We may just have our "one hero" kind of character instead of one of our making. In any event, the environments looked hella interesting too. They did in Dark Souls and they continue to impress me in Dark Souls 2. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? Seven RomeoBravoDelta Son ov Timett

Seven

|| Seven ||
Any thoughts on the footage for Dark Souls 2? Its pretty 'meh' for me right now. We don't know what else they have in store, and a lot of stuff just looked like regular Dark Souls. I guess that's not such a bad thing though. I do like that enemies can break through walls and such. Maybe we won't be able to abuse certain physics in this game? I'm curious as to how multiplayer is going to work. We may just have our "one hero" kind of character instead of one of our making. In any event, the environments looked hella interesting too. They did in Dark Souls and they continue to impress me in Dark Souls 2. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? Seven RomeoBravoDelta Son ov Timett
Dark Souls is perfect and the less they change in Dark Souls 2 the better, haha I know I'm boring.

LEGEND

YES!
Really liked the motion and fluid animations. Every action looks natural and unscripted

cool to see that you can move while you shoot bows, hopefully they will be more viable as a primary weapon type now

and DRAGONS

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
The bridge with the Wyverns is rumored to be the bridge leading to Painted World of Ariamis. (Set in a different time period through interaction with the Dusk of Oolacile.

Reactions: Jer

LEGEND

YES!
i don't think that it is. The structures and form of the mountain don't exactly match up. Plus lets not forget that Ariamis is Basically a constructed dimension thats supposed to act as a Vault/sanctuary. I see no reason why there would be Dragons there

Its hard to nail down when this game takes place, but i would say its either after the events of the first DKS and the Dragons are returning Due to the coming age of Darkness (in which case why does Ariamis look to be in pristine condition?) Or its Way long Ago either during the war against the Dragons, Which is before the Creation of Ariamis

I came away feeling more positive than negative. I really like the art direction. It reminds me more of Demon's than Dark Souls (I have my fingers crossed that will get another area like Latria). The new enemy behaviors also look really good and will hopefully prevent DSII from becoming a backstab-fishing fest like Dark Souls is now. The more interactive environments also look really interesting .I'm also really gald to hear some of the things that the developers have been saying recently. The fact that there will be warping from the start of the game between bonfires makes me think that they are going to be more like Archstones and this games going to have dedicated servers, so the multiplayer won't be totally busted. And apparently they're putting more emphasis on tension and horror, which is the best news I've heard all week.

That said, some stuff did leave me less than happy. The actual graphics all have a coat of "next-gen shine" on them, right now, that I'm not a fan of. Something also seemed off about the animations. There wasn't enough heft to them or the way attacks fell on enemies. I'm also not a fan of the UI as it is right now.

So I mostly have minor gripes at the moment.