What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

LEGEND

YES!
Also Farming the Dark Wraiths down in New Londo isn't too bad if you want Chunks/Slabs, but the run back is kinda long. Again you can leave your summon around for Four Kings sorta.
stock up on homeward bones and use the cave coming from the basin.

once you get the runback down its fairly safe and only takes about 30 seconds

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Jer, when farming have 10 soft humanity in your counter and equip covetous serpent ring for increase drop frequency. I second New Londo as a great farming area, 30000 souls for every time you assist somebody in defeating the Kings. Each bonfire run will net you 3-4 chunks after wiping out the wraiths near fog gate. It's also a pretty fun area to invade.

Reactions: Jer

LEGEND

YES!
so you kill the drakes every time or is there a way to avoid them?
zig zag through them.

Safe your stamina until the one on the bridge starts to move then start sprinting on the left side of the bridge (and don't stop sprinting). Then once you get to the three at the gate you shift to the right when the first one Starts shooting lightning then shift left once the second one starts doing the same. You should end up with a small gap between the left half of the Gate and the third drake, once you run through the gap you can recover for a slight moment and rush over to the stairs on your right. Sometimes the drakes want to follow you up the stairs so just lure the first darkwraith towards to shack

I've taken this route countless times and have only died on the drakes twice, both of them being glitches

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
zig zag through them.

Safe your stamina until the one on the bridge starts to move then start sprinting on the left side of the bridge (and don't stop sprinting). Then once you get to the three at the gate you shift to the right when the first one Starts shooting lightning then shift left once the second one starts doing the same. You should end up with a small gap between the left half of the Gate and the third drake, once you run through the gap you can recover for a slight moment and rush over to the stairs on your right. Sometimes the drakes want to follow you up the stairs so just lure the first darkwraith towards to shack

I've taken this route countless times and have only died on the drakes twice, both of them being glitches
brb farming slabs

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well thats an interesting point: How many slabs can you get in one playthrough minus the farming?(I mean guaranteed slabs, regular too...don't need to list off white/blue/red)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well thats an interesting point: How many slabs can you get in one playthrough minus the farming?(I mean guaranteed slabs, regular too...don't need to list off white/blue/red)
Two without the expansion

Three with

1. Asylum Demon Drop
2. End of Siegmeyer chain
3. By the Dragon in the expansion

Impose

A Call For Blood
Announcement.

I WILL be playing dark souls this weekend, going to my fathers house to housesit and my xbox will be going with me. I'm going to head to gamestop and use my giftcard to buy microsoft points with which to buy the DLC

See you all this weekend

Killphil

Beat Sheath first try Phil
Excellent work! Two more lord souls to go!

The DLC is blowing my back out. I did manage to defeat Artorias, had to pop green blossom like a muddah.
I had the same problem. The enemies seem stronger, but really its the attack patterns that walloped me. :( Dark magic sorcerers killed me a few times because I didn't find that damn pendant initially.

Announcement.

I WILL be playing dark souls this weekend, going to my fathers house to housesit and my xbox will be going with me. I'm going to head to gamestop and use my giftcard to buy microsoft points with which to buy the DLC

See you all this weekend
I was going to post here asking you specifically if you'd found a tv to play on yet too. The DLC will not disappoint you, I promise. ;)

Oh yea. Big D , its only natural that an Ermac player is attracted to these games. Hurry up and hop on the soul train brutha! :p

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Awww yee, i bought the DLC last night and im 95 also.

Impose Were gunna play this weekend dude. Are you starting a char from 1 or so do you have your saves?

Killphil

Impose Were gunna play this weekend dude. Are you starting a char from 1 or so do you have your saves?
If you've updated your system you have access to it with your current character. Just go back to the duke's archives and kill the crystal golem in the first room. It drops the pendant that you need.

Impose

A Call For Blood

I'll make a level 1 to play throught the game with you dude.

Thats always fun being on voice chat and going through the whole game with someone.

Excellent work! Two more lord souls to go!

I had the same problem. The enemies seem stronger, but really its the attack patterns that walloped me. :( Dark magic sorcerers killed me a few times because I didn't find that damn pendant initially.

I was going to post here asking you specifically if you'd found a tv to play on yet too. The DLC will not disappoint you, I promise. ;)

Oh yea. Big D , its only natural that an Ermac player is attracted to these games. Hurry up and hop on the soul train brutha! :p
I still have no TV at this house but this weekend I will basically be playing Dark Souls and MK for 3 days straight from friday night to sunday night

All of the Xbox players here need to get a SL100 character so we can PvP in the Burg
I have one ;D

I think I have a char around 100....