What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Anonymiz

who want it!
teleports recover too fast and dont allow a punish. im not sure if its the online lag or ? I know ermac's teleport or exteleport can be punished on block no ? this goes for Takeda as well i can never attack a blocked a read teleport from takeda.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Some guy just lost to me twice in a row then rage quit when I picked Pyro Tanya and the entire time he just talked about how skill-less I was and I was the worst Mileena/Sonya player he has ever seen.

"I was testing you to see if you were worth my time". You lost to yolo rolls and yolo teleports. Excuses won't save you.

The icing on the cake his his ign had to do with being MLG at CoD.

Some guy just lost to me twice in a row then rage quit when I picked Pyro Tanya and the entire time he just talked about how skill-less I was and I was the worst Mileena/Sonya player he has ever seen.

"I was testing you to see if you were worth my time". You lost to yolo rolls and yolo teleports. Excuses won't save you.

The icing on the cake his his ign had to do with being MLG at CoD.
Same thing happened to me as well only I was using Jason and I perfected this noob who was using Liu Kang Flame Fist, rather horribly, 10 times in a row. he states "I wasn't even playing my main. My main is Dragon fist".

So he uses him and he gets bodied by my necromancer 10-0. He tries to troll me and I sent him a picture of him losing and he said FU back.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Same thing happened to me as well only I was using Jason and I perfected this noob who was using Liu Kang Flame Fist, rather horribly, 10 times in a row. he states "I wasn't even playing my main. My main is Dragon fist".

So he uses him and he gets bodied by my necromancer 10-0. He tries to troll me and I sent him a picture of him losing and he said FU back.
I've had folks do the same. They claim they're using a new character which is only a few weeks old, hence why they're losing, then go ape shit on the mic cussing me out lol

evolution07

Today some guy challenged me in the black dragon lobby. At first I was dicking around with Special Forces Sonya, and was losing to Kotal the first few games. I went to using Kitana and won the next 2 or 3 games. He switched to HQT Predator and then I went Ermac. I won the next 3-4 games. I'm at a 7 win ratio and he's at 3 or so. He then goes A-list Johnny and I go back to covert ops Sonya after I lose 3-4 games with Ermac. Becuz Johnny is so ridiculous, once the guy got 10 wins he quit (I had 9). In the lobby he says he mopped me. I'm pretty sure he was talking smack on the mic too during our games (I saw the icon on a lot) but I was in a party chat so I didn't wanna hear him if he was, but I just don't get some peoples logic. If the games were so close, 10-9, how did I get mopped exactly lol

Today some guy challenged me in the black dragon lobby. At first I was dicking around with Special Forces Sonya, and was losing to Kotal the first few games. I went to using Kitana and won the next 2 or 3 games. He switched to HQT Predator and then I went Ermac. I won the next 3-4 games. I'm at a 7 win ratio and he's at 3 or so. He then goes A-list Johnny and I go back to covert ops Sonya after I lose 3-4 games with Ermac. Becuz Johnny is so ridiculous, once the guy got 10 wins he quit (I had 9). In the lobby he says he mopped me. I'm pretty sure he was talking smack on the mic too during our games (I saw the icon on a lot) but I was in a party chat so I didn't wanna hear him if he was, but I just don't get some peoples logic. If the games were so close, 10-9, how did I get mopped exactly lol
Some people will use any reason to exaggerate how well they did and to give themselves an ego boost.

The question is if 10-9 is a "mopping," what would he call something like 10-2? And furthermore, what would he call it if he lost 10-2?

Some people will use any reason to exaggerate how well they did and to give themselves an ego boost.

The question is if 10-9 is a "mopping," what would he call something like 10-2? And furthermore, what would he call it if he lost 10-2?
Right because 10-9 seem to be quite even and very close, 10-2? Not so much. But we're dealing with a troll's mind so we can't really understand what they think.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
*clears throat*

I'm so unbelievably fucking sick of dickheads whose entire gameplan is to just do jump in/jump over punch into a 50/50 and don't even know what the actual combos you are meant to do once you hit said 50/50 are. Go fuck yourselves.

That is all.
Just salty cause you don't have a 5050

evolution07

*clears throat*

I'm so unbelievably fucking sick of dickheads whose entire gameplan is to just do jump in/jump over punch into a 50/50 and don't even know what the actual combos you are meant to do once you hit said 50/50 are. Go fuck yourselves.

That is all.
I run into these players a lot. Most will do a string, jump over and repeat lol. Even when I AA them they continue to do it. Like, breh, do you not realize what's wrong the picture here?

Just yesterday I came across someone with the tag "I'm never right". At first I was flame fist Liu, and he was using cut throat Kano. I won first game and he switched to special forces Sonya. I then went to Kitana lol. He's not a very strong player as he wasn't doing much in terms of combos or knowing how to use Sonya properly.

Any time he would try and do a jump over, I would do a S1 and get a full combo. This guy was on the mic complaining the entire time, saying he can't jump over me, I use zoning characters and hates how I play lol. At the last second he raged quit which made me laugh.

I have the video but it doesn't have the mic audio or else I'd post it for everyone to listen to. Is there a way to include mic audio in video captures from the ps4 itself? Or is that a desktop only thing?

Vinnysouls

Spongebob
this game needs some fucking proper anti airs,
jump ins should not be so plus, for example like sonya, jump in, 50/50, throw grenade guess again
alien, takeda, mileena and sonya, tone them down a bit, that is all.

My only real complaint is how NRS always tends to nerf characters without giving tools to compensate somehow. Some characters can get away with it, such as Quan Chi, since all his variations are still viable. Now Kung Lao got his JI2 nerfed, and no better normals or pokes to compensate for all his nerfs. Tremor's up rock is almost useless now and he didn't get anything to compensate, such as a better mid or faster pokes. The global OTG nerf also hurt Tremor.

Just seems that when NRS buffs characters, they retain all their strengths and give them new tools on top of these strengths. When they bring the nerf hammer the characters get their biggest strengths taken away, and all the flaws remain.

I'm surprised there isn't a Q/A thread. My questions are how do you beat delayed wake ups, is it just timing your meaties better? What does jailed mean? What's the difference between startup frames and active frames? So it doesn't matter how fast the startup is, it's about how fast your active frames is?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm surprised there isn't a Q/A thread. My questions are how do you beat delayed wake ups, is it just timing your meaties better? What does jailed mean? What's the difference between startup frames and active frames? So it doesn't matter how fast the startup is, it's about how fast your active frames is?
  • You can beat delayed wakeup by doing a string that takes a long time to finish, by doing a specific setup or as you say timing your meaties to cover it. Most of the time there's no way to cover both instant wakeup and delayed wakeup so you'll just have to make reads or react to what they do.
  • Something that jails means there's no gap in it. So for example if Player A does a move that's +14 on block with no pushback then that means if Player A does a move with 14 frames or less startup as soon as he can after the +14 on block move then Player B will not be able to do anything except block the followup. That make sense?
  • Think of a move as a sequence of frames with several parts. When you press a button the move will begin, ie trigger the startup frames of the move. After the startup frames are finished the moves active frames will begin. The active frames are the frames where, as long as you're in the right area for it to hit the opponent, the move will be able to hit the opponent. After the active frames are over the moves recovery frames begin and this is where you can be whiff punished since the active frames (frames where the move can hit the opponent) are over.
  • Usually startup and block advantage are more important than active frames but moves with a lot of active frames and a small amount of recovery frames are also good.

My only real complaint is how NRS always tends to nerf characters without giving tools to compensate somehow. Some characters can get away with it, such as Quan Chi, since all his variations are still viable. Now Kung Lao got his JI2 nerfed, and no better normals or pokes to compensate for all his nerfs. Tremor's up rock is almost useless now and he didn't get anything to compensate, such as a better mid or faster pokes. The global OTG nerf also hurt Tremor.

Just seems that when NRS buffs characters, they retain all their strengths and give them new tools on top of these strengths. When they bring the nerf hammer the characters get their biggest strengths taken away, and all the flaws remain.

Thats why it is a nerf/buff I guess not a neef for another buff. :)
Proper balancing is a different question. Characters will not be equal ever I guess. :)