What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Is there a single DLC character that's A tier?

Goro is garbage. Jason is garbage. Bo' Rai Cho is garbage. Sektor is garbage. Cyrax is garbage. Smoke is garbage. Tanya is garbage. Tremor is garbage. The only decent characters are Alien, Predator, Leatherface, and Cyber Sub-Zero. I'm pretty sure CSZ is only good right now because people don't know the matchup yet. Leatherface isn't awful, but now that his vortex is gone I can't see him above B tier. Alien's best variation is Acidic, and Predator's best variation is Hish-Qu-Ten. Both have been nerfed substantially. They're good variations to be sure, but can they really compete against A tiers like Takeda, Jax, Mileena, or Shinnok? I don't see either of them being better than any of those characters.

So who is A tier? HQT is A- maybe, and if you're fighting a character that can get around zoning easily he goes down.

This is just my stupid uneducated opinion, but every DLC character except Jason and Goro have been severely nerfed and I think it's bullshit. Aside from Kobu Jutsu and Hish-Qu-Ten all these nerfs are completely unnecessary.

I was hoping there would be a KP3, now if there is one I'm not buying it because all the characters will be nerfed to death within a month. I'm not asking for pay to win, but this is ridiculous!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Is there a single DLC character that's A tier?

Goro is garbage. Jason is garbage. Bo' Rai Cho is garbage. Sektor is garbage. Cyrax is garbage. Smoke is garbage. Tanya is garbage. Tremor is garbage. The only decent characters are Alien, Predator, Leatherface, and Cyber Sub-Zero. I'm pretty sure CSZ is only good right now because people don't know the matchup yet. Leatherface isn't awful, but now that his vortex is gone I can't see him above B tier. Alien's best variation is Acidic, and Predator's best variation is Hish-Qu-Ten. Both have been nerfed substantially. They're good variations to be sure, but can they really compete against A tiers like Takeda, Jax, Mileena, or Shinnok? I don't see either of them being better than any of those characters.

So who is A tier? HQT is A- maybe, and if you're fighting a character that can get around zoning easily he goes down.

This is just my stupid uneducated opinion, but every DLC character except Jason and Goro have been severely nerfed and I think it's bullshit. Aside from Kobu Jutsu and Hish-Qu-Ten all these nerfs are completely unnecessary.

I was hoping there would be a KP3, now if there is one I'm not buying it because all the characters will be nerfed to death within a month. I'm not asking for pay to win, but this is ridiculous!

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Played against some guy in player matches the other day who had 200 more wins than losses, I beat him the first three times with my main and then he kept switching characters so I'd switch to characters I didn't know how to play very well. After playing a couple more matches i realize this guy's only game plan is to JIP/JIK and he actually managed to beat a couple times with this strategy. Then at the end he has the audacity to message me "LOL how about that 3 streak loss?"

I don't know what upset me more, the fact this guy uses such scrubby tactics and has so many wins, or the fact that I couldn't counter it.

Why do jump in attacks appear so safe?
jik are minus so you can punish them, unless their going into a teleport. Also possibly because of online in general -2 is essentially +1

This game still shit online r is it just me? Past few days been having ping jump a 100 r so points during matches and making playing this game more frustrating than its worth. I'm talking every match, even with pings under 50. Thought it was my net so I tested SFV. No issues there online. Switched to my X1 n tried out KI. No problems there either. My dwn runs between 48 n like 56 n my upload is around 5. Any suggestions? I'm wird btw.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This game still shit online r is it just me? Past few days been having ping jump a 100 r so points during matches and making playing this game more frustrating than its worth. I'm talking every match, even with pings under 50. Thought it was my net so I tested SFV. No issues there online. Switched to my X1 n tried out KI. No problems there either. My dwn runs between 48 n like 56 n my upload is around 5. Any suggestions? I'm wird btw.
No netcode can make your opponents have better connection. MK tends to draw more of a casual audience with people who may not have an invested intrest in making sure their connection is A1. Just play until you have a great connection with someone, msg them telling them you like the connection with them, would like to add them, and play more frequently, and eventually you won't need to touch the cancer that is ranked.

This game still lags like shit likes it's nothing and it's even WORSE since the XL patch.

jmt

Noob
So I hate when I'm playing online and I get to the character select screen and the kp2 characters are greyed out. Happened a lot yesterday. I'm assuming my opponents didn't buy kp2, but why punish me for it. Makes no sense at all.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I wanna complain about the soundtrack. Score is decent but could be better. Could be like this
Theme changes at the final round of MKXL to be more dramatic, but nothing nearly as epic as Great Kung Lao's comeback (3:20) theme Vs Shang Tsung :rolleyes:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
What annoys me is how inconsistent ranked matchmaking is. One day u could end up being matched up against like a bunch of scrubs and the next ur playing ppl who are pros at the game. I wish they could at least have some form of consistency in matchmaking.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I can scream at NRS for the cyrax nerfs here:

FUCK NRS YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHITS YOU COULD'VE FUCKING MADE THE OPPONENT GET KNOCKED DOWN WHEN THE NET DURATION FINISHES FROM NET HIT ON THE OPPONENT IN THE AIR LIKE SUB ZERO's SLIDE KNOCKDOWN INSTEAD YOU RUINED THE FUCKING CHARACTER YOU ASSHOLES NOW SLEEP HAPPY NOW THAT YOU CAN SEE CYRAX HAVING THE SHITTIEST NEUTRAL IN THE GAME AND NOW THAT 90% OF HIS FUCKING MOVESET IS STILL PROFILED BY 100% OF THE CAST.

Huh, i got that off my chest. My work here is done. Cyrax is still pretty good though.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I can scream at NRS for the cyrax nerfs here:

FUCK NRS YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHITS YOU COULD'VE FUCKING MADE THE OPPONENT GET KNOCKED DOWN FROM NET HIT ON THE OPPONENT IN THE AIR LIKE SUB ZERO's SLIDE KNOCKDOWN INSTEAD YOU RUINED THE FUCKING CHARACTER YOU ASSHOLES NOW SLEEP HAPPY NOW THAT YOU CAN SEE CYRAX HAVING THE SHITTIEST NEUTRAL IN THE GAME AND NOW THAT 90% OF HIS FUCKING MOVESET IS STILL PROFILED BY 100% OF THE CAST.

Huh, i got that off my chest. My work here is done. Cyrax is still pretty good though.
honestly my most hated thing about cyrax is how meter reliant he is , i will run like a bitch until i have meter !

jmt

Noob
So I hate when I'm playing online and I get to the character select screen and the kp2 characters are greyed out. Happened a lot yesterday. I'm assuming my opponents didn't buy kp2, but why punish me for it. Makes no sense at all.
Is there a fix for this???