What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Played a really good Scorpion today. He was dominating my leatherface- hell one match he got a double flawless on me. Set was enjoyable but he was literally ending every single round with a brutality. Every. Single. Round. That's disrespect if I'm not mistaken.

So when I switched to my old main (my actual fighter) I of course tried to end my win with a brutality..... but I messed up and had to settle for a fatality instead.

Dude got salty, won the next game with a fatality, and then left immediayely. Lmao. How are you gonna brutality someone 6 games in a row and then get mad when they bust out a fatality on you?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Played against some guy in player matches the other day who had 200 more wins than losses, I beat him the first three times with my main and then he kept switching characters so I'd switch to characters I didn't know how to play very well. After playing a couple more matches i realize this guy's only game plan is to JIP/JIK and he actually managed to beat a couple times with this strategy. Then at the end he has the audacity to message me "LOL how about that 3 streak loss?"

I don't know what upset me more, the fact this guy uses such scrubby tactics and has so many wins, or the fact that I couldn't counter it.

Why do jump in attacks appear so safe?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Played against some guy in player matches the other day who had 200 more wins than losses, I beat him the first three times with my main and then he kept switching characters so I'd switch to characters I didn't know how to play very well. After playing a couple more matches i realize this guy's only game plan is to JIP/JIK and he actually managed to beat a couple times with this strategy. Then at the end he has the audacity to message me "LOL how about that 3 streak loss?"

I don't know what upset me more, the fact this guy uses such scrubby tactics and has so many wins, or the fact that I couldn't counter it.

Why do jump in attacks appear so safe?
Because they are. Jump in punches are +2 on block and jump in kicks are like fairly safe which is ridiculous. NRS needs to nerf jump in punches. Tired of people jumping back and forth half the time

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
It is, you just need to learn how.
Its not

And its also not a question of knowing how its the fact that the anti airing options in the game aren't reliable on top of the fact if someones jumping in on you makes it even worse...heck its a down right huge damage risk at that point. (unless you are going to wait for the cross up and try to d1, but that can whiff and you can still be hit in some cases)

You ever notice either when you are playing or watching a match someone throws and anit-air and most of the time they get hit anyway or the animation is basically cut off?

Exactly...its a game oriented mistake not just a player one sometimes bud.

Trying to Anti-airing in MKX has never been a good or solid option from day one..its normally stuffed..

E

Eldriken

Its not

And its also not a question of knowing how its the fact that the anti airing options in the game aren't reliable on top of the fact if someones jumping in on you makes it even worse...heck its a down right huge damage risk at that point. (unless you are going to wait for the cross up and try to d1, but that can whiff and you can still be hit in some cases)

You ever notice either when you are playing or watching a match someone throws and anit-air and most of the time they get hit anyway or the animation is basically cut off?

Trying to Anti-airing in MKX has never been a good or solid option from day one..its normally stuffed..
AAs are becoming more and more frequent as time goes on. Not every character is as good at it as others, but it's certainly a viable option. You just need to find out what your character's best, most reliable AA is.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
AAs are becoming more and more frequent as time goes on. Not every character is as good at it as others, but it's certainly a viable option. You just need to find out what your character's best, most reliable AA is.
I forgot to add the "depends on the character" to that statement but true not every character is solid with it, very good point.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Its not

Nop, this is literally day 1 meta and I can't believe almost a year later people are still crying about jumps.

Cjrxxx

OH MY DAYS
Why doesn't NRS just removed Quadborg from the game instead of taking away piece by piece every week or so? Unnecessary nerfs in the wrong places. Great job