What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
If this is true, then that's really messed up. PC gamers: Do yourself a favor and never buy anything from WB again. Seriously. Even if it looks amazing, just don't.
There are already plans on the steam community to start a refund petition. Gamers or not, No customer tolerates negligence and we like feeling scammed even less.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
And if PC doesn't get that content, do we not get the balance patches? That's kind of our whole point.
I seriously doubt PC users will get shafted in the way everyone is thinking. If, for some reason, KP2 does not come to PC, I'd like to assume balance changes would be present. Those are the important part.

Everyone is forgetting that just because a trailer doesn't have specific wording doesn't mean things are final. Look at the trailer again. All it says is that MKX is available digitally and in stores, for Xbone and PS4. We all know its available for Steam as well. It means nothing.

evolution07

There are already plans on the steam community to start a refund petition. Gamers or not, No customer tolerates negligence and we like feeling scammed even less.
You will not get a refund on a game that's been played over a certain amount of hours.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I have a cruel twisted feeling that NRS is getting away with murder here. This refusal to answer question about the PC release doesn't sit well with me, the fact that they're repackaging DLC (will KP2 be cheaper if we already own the "bonus" content?) doesn't sit well with me either. They had better be ready to answer these questions soon, no other AAA studio/publisher/company would be able to get away with this shit.

All the comments saying "lol gg sorry NRS take my money now" here on TYM and the subreddit make me think that too many among the fanbase are willing to turn a blind eye to this nonsense.

Call me dramatic or salty, I could care less. I haven't seen a DLC release this murky in quite some time.

Darth-Nero

I seriously doubt PC users will get shafted in the way everyone is thinking. If, for some reason, KP2 does not come to PC, I'd like to assume balance changes would be present. Those are the important part.

Everyone is forgetting that just because a trailer doesn't have specific wording doesn't mean things are final. Look at the trailer again. All it says is that MKX is available digitally and in stores, for Xbone and PS4. We all know its available for Steam as well. It means nothing.
The way they avoid confirming kp2 for pc with yes or no is what's worrying. Something's definitely up and it's not in pc user's favor, Either the kp2 will be much delayed for pc or wont be ported there at all.

You will not get a refund on a game that's been played over a certain amount of hours.
I know, but there are plenty of people who bought it two weeks ago on steam sale and haven't played much.

evolution07

The way they avoid confirming kp2 for pc with yes or no is what's worrying. Something's definitely up and it's not in pc user's favor, Either the kp2 will be much delayed for pc or wont be ported there at all.
Have they ever confirmed or denied anything from users asking though?

Darth-Nero

Have they ever confirmed or denied anything from users asking though?
Nothing major like revealing future characters or whatnot. But they usually reassure the crowed when they fuck up and it turns into a wide spread controversy. Still they have one of the worst PR in the scene.

evolution07

Nothing major like revealing future characters or whatnot. But they usually reassure the crowed when they fuck up and it turns into a wide spread controversy. Still they have one of the worst PR in the scene.
It hasn't been a full day yet so I'd give them some more time to respond before assuming the worst

Ahmad

Noob
I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if KP2 isn't released on PC at the same time as consoles. And being silent about is not classy at all, just confirm it one way or the other.

shura30

Shura
I've played on PC since release day then moved to ps4 recently

the meme is HVS lived up to their standards so memory leaks and framerate issues for most, patch delay until i believe tremor or tanya. all this shit drove people away to consoles

community at first was proportionate as consoles, not as big but the game was still decently popular: http://steamcharts.com/app/307780
the latest rise in players may be because steam sales / key shops where the game is $10 and KP1 is $3

I hate KP2 not being released on steam but makes absolutely sense from NRS/WB point of view: they failed PC, people moved away so all the hassle of realeasing not disk locked content to a desert is antieconomic

too bad, game on steam is visually astonishing, less lag due to less wireless players and maybe a couple of fixes away from the remaining issues
guess we're stuck with PSN+ subscriptions

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've played on PC since release day then moved to ps4 recently

the meme is HVS lived up to their standards so memory leaks and framerate issues for most, patch delay until i believe tremor or tanya. all this shit drove people away to consoles

community at first was proportionate as consoles, not as big but the game was still decently popular: http://steamcharts.com/app/307780
the latest rise in players may be because steam sales / key shops where the game is $10 and KP1 is $3

I hate KP2 not being released on steam but makes absolutely sense from NRS/WB point of view: they failed PC, people moved away so all the hassle of realeasing not disk locked content to a desert is antieconomic

too bad, game on steam is visually astonishing, less lag due to less wireless players and maybe a couple of fixes away from the remaining issues
guess we're stuck with PSN+ subscriptions
That chart depresses me greatly, since I'm pretty sure we'll be taking a downturn once the holiday people get bored. On the bright side, the numbers have nearly doubled since November! I thought there were a lot more people on.

Ahmad

Noob
No, it doesn't make sense that they would drop the PC version. The port runs beautifully now that they've figured everything out, so it shouldn't be too hard to add a few more characters. Plus, if they drop it, it will garner a lot of bad press and ill will, and they've had enough of that this year (edit: last year).

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think will be on PC, but, not at the same time when released for consoles .... just some few days or weeks later.

Free would be nice. Is there any info on skins or price of this pack? I thought they'd be doing a kombat kast for the whole thing
No cost, but the end of the trailer shows the content. Much of it is repackaged material. Only the 4 characters and Kombat Pack is new.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
There are 4 mystery DLC add-ons in the data base. There is one new stage and one new costume pack.

So if it is, there are two unaccounted for.

Honestly, it likely is the new characters.
Probably is. Just wanted to make sure we have everything else accounted for and it isn't possible that it is something else. I guess most likely scenario is PC waits an undetermined amount of time with no communication from NRS.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Probably is. Just wanted to make sure we have everything else accounted for and it isn't possible that it is something else. I guess most likely scenario is PC waits an undetermined amount of time with no communication from NRS.
We'll know when the characters release, certainly. People are thinking there will be a delay between PC getting the content and console, but I think some have forgotten that character release patches were the only things that weren't delayed. Those were pretty reliable.