What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Aside from HEAVY character imbalances across the roser?

Raw BF inputs terrify me.... and I have mained Kenshi, Kabal, Reptile, and Freddy.

Krypt jump scares are overrated, really. It's a fun little addition to purchasing stuff.
I mean, If it was this scary than that Pewdeepie guy would probably made a walkthrough series out of it by now.
The jump scares really don't bother me. It's just the jump scares from the spiders. I hate spiders.

Matix218

Get over here!
I would also like to add to your thread complaining about brutalities needing to be unlocked first for it to work. Tourneys will rarely have profiles with everything unlocked, so getting to see hype brutalities at the end will be a no no.
Maybe in a future komplete edition they will all come unlocked out of the box.

But yeah that does kinda suck

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
With the asstastic netcode they might as well be +5. D2 into D2 online frametrap.
Serious players play offline. If you want to play the game at a high level go offline. If you just wanna be casual dont even go on the lab just jump online first thing.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Serious players play offline. If you want to play the game at a high level go offline. If you just wanna be casual dont even go on the lab just jump online first thing.
The exact reason serious players stay away from online is because NRS can't put their shit together and provide better online interaction.
Even serious players still go online to learn MUs though.

The run function is cool but hate how you cant dash cancel anymore, so used to that... The double backdashing annoys me too, these things mess up the combos and special moves all the time. They're also the reason why some moves have some of the most annoying inputs ugh -_- fuck these fbf & dbf inputs lol

Last edited:
Gameplay is a bit sluggish. Its taking some adjustment. Seems like moves have lots of recovery unlike in mk9.

Ill be having a good match online and the server will suddenly take a shit during round 3

Goros damage being so low.

Mileenas mk2 costume being from the phone app thing

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Also they butchered cage , gave him his f3 yaaaayyyy , then gave every character in the game a footsie tool that's 5× better and 50/50's

Matix218

Get over here!
The exact reason serious players stay away from online is because NRS can't put their shit together and provide better online interaction.
Even serious players still go online to learn MUs though.
Online, even near perfect online will never be a "frame perfect" experience. In a genre where things matter down to the individual frame online is never going to really be able to truly replicate offline play. Well, not anytime soon at least. There are too many variables that can effect online for it to be reliable for a fighting game. Even if the netcode was better

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Online, even near perfect online will never be a "frame perfect" experience. In a genre where things matter down to the individual frame online is never going to really be able to truly replicate offline play. Well, not anytime soon at least. There are too many variables that can effect online for it to be reliable for a fighting game. Even if the netcode was better
I understand that, but it doesn't warrant elitist attitude towards people who would prefer better online experience than we are provided and don't strive to win offline tournament champs (although some known SF players started their careers online, which says something I suppose), not to mention that for some people playing offline with more than one opponent means 100+ km rides.
That's just unreasonable.

Matix218

Get over here!
I understand that, but it doesn't warrant elitist attitude towards people who would prefer better online experience than we are provided and don't strive to win offline tournament champs (although some known SF players started their careers online, which says something I suppose), not to mention that for some people playing offline with more than one opponent means 100+ km rides.
That's just unreasonable.
Fair enough, I dont disagree at all and of course we should all want online to at least be as good as it can possibly be even though it will never be perfect

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Fair enough, I dont disagree at all and of course we should all want online to at least be as good as it can possibly be even though it will never be perfect
You realize that with rollback net code the game can be frame perfect right? KI and skullgirls are both tournament practice worthy online.

Also I run locals. The only reason I am playing online is because I want my tournament setup to have all the costumes and they've locked some of them behind online play. So I'm scuba diving.

Matix218

Get over here!
You realize that with rollback net code the game can be frame perfect right? KI and skullgirls are both tournament practice worthy online.

Also I run locals. The only reason I am playing online is because I want my tournament setup to have all the costumes and they've locked some of them behind online play. So I'm scuba diving.
If this is true why didn't nrs utilize rollback netcode? :-(