What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'm going to use some of this data for a psychological peer reviewed paper on the salt accumulation over meta development of fighting games. My peers being a shit throwing spider monkey in my room, and my meth head neighbor.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Better you think? I don't know how Salt Level is calculated... probably the average (number of tears shed/controllers thrown).
Lmao!!! Yea this list looks pretty legit.

Gotta factor in threads created and hatemail sent out into the equation. The salt level reaches into the thousands when factoring in all the variables.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
If I see one more goddamn "I love this character but don't wanna play because run cancels are hard please give me a list of combos without them" thread or comment I'mma lose my shit.

This isn't fucking hard people, it consists of tapping forward twice, and then hitting block. What you're saying is inputting ff+block is beyond you. Raise your bar.

Run canceling: treat ff+block like any other special move (only with a BIGGER window to input it effectively) and just dial in your combo like that. Don't do string>launch>look at them in the air>run cancel. Just input it like it's part of the whole thing. String>launch>run cancel. As if you mean to do it or something.

Note this isn't called a "run confirm", it's called a "run cancel." So whatever move/string comes before the run cancel portion of your combo, you should be canceling the recovery of the move rather than waiting for it to be done so you can run. See: the basic system of combing anything into anything in this game.

And this shouldn't be a problem anyway. You have your opponent in the combo, you know when you need to do the RC. It's not like it's a surprise, so you should be prepped to do it. If it's a combo like say, Raiden's b2 stuff where you only get a single hit that sends them far and low to the ground and don't have a lot of time to register that (re: any time, really) before you need to be running after them, just commit to the run cancel like you knew for sure the move was going to hit. For stuff like that odds are you're going to eat shit on block anyway, committing to your run cancel won't make you look any less or more stupid.

Informative enough? Can we stick the final nail in the coffin of "basic system mechanic that is absolutely one of the easier things in the game to do is too hard for me please do what you can to help without suggesting that I better myself in any way" posts/threads?

Moreover can people stop catering to those requests? If there was ever in a million years ONE time where it was absolutely mandatory to say "STFU and level up", this is really it.

[/rant]

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This is the only fighter I've ever played where my character actually isn't a salt factory this early on. Hmm...

Salt Prediction Week 12: Hat Trick Kung Lao

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Its only hard until you do it a few times.

It's because some moves take a while till they let you run. But yes people do need to learn that it's the only way to get damage

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Maybe some people are just new and like the simple, MK9/Injustice casual combos and want to stick their toes in competitive without jumping in completely so they want simple combos to start with opposed to learning run canceling and shit.

Just a thought

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
It's probably not so much the cancelling they have trouble with but the follow up.
It can be a lot of buttons to press in a short space of time with precise timing.

But simply avoiding it altogether is not the way to go. Learn now, play later.

I practiced Johnny double run cancel juggles, was daunting at first but now it's a breeze and I have applied that to my Quan game, he doesn't really NEED to run but it opens up possibilities.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
PPl hold F+Block when they start running, that is why they think is dificult.

once you do FF+Block the character will start running on his own even if you drop your controller afterwards, it will only stop when he runs out of stamina.

Basically if you want to run cancel, or perform run combos, you only need to worry about the input for running, not about maintain it because the animation related to this macro is independent.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
D'vorah stuff in Swarm Queen is actually pretty hard. Wasp Grenade is run cancellable on frame 1, so you don't have a buffer window to work with to do optimal stuff. Because of that, having non-RC options, especially online, is very important. Run Cancel windows change on hit and block, so it's impossible to hit run cancel windows consistently with her unless you learn to confirm off raw f11 or f22. If you aim to combo on hit, you won't hit an on-block run cancel window. You'll unbuffer Wasp Grenade.

Shit is hard to do. I play on Hitbox, so I'm in a dandy position, but I can't imagine doing it on pad.