What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I have less than 100 matches online and none with TYM people so I can't really say yet but in my experience it has been worse than Injustice but better than MK9.

USF4 on XBL is my golden standard for online FGs, but I played it on PS3 and still had way less lag overall than I've had with MKX on PS4 so far. Even against opponents with green bars the lag is obvious. Not loving it but I think I'm possibly playing the wrong people.

I cant imagine why. I play close to your set up from Florida, with my brother in Washington who admits he is using 60/10 wired and it runs just fine. I played and experienced mk9 online... If we cant agree this is a step in the right direction there is something wrong
Tbh, I don't know, as it could be another number of things also. Maybe, the server infrastructure they are using handles the traffic differently on the NA/CA side of things. I'm in the UK on PS4 and as you know it's region locked, so the Euro servers may differ (just a wild guess)

Lately, a lot of Russians (no offence) but you ruined the online experience on MK9 PC, come into the PS4 KOH and lag everyone out the room when people already there have a decent playable connections to everyone else. Don't know if this happens to you American/Canadian users with other countries?

What strikes me, is that the first few days after it's release it felt tight and was decent, yet since I have practiced more with run combos, etc, it's definitely lagged at 80% of the time and punishing unsafe strings is a joke. Kung Lao for example, any combo string opener into Jk, dk, then 2,1 ender connects like 10% of the time for me. Offline it's near 100% execution. Same with Scorpions, inferno setups, jip's and strings into spear will never connect.

You might as well stand their and Uppercut all the time..lol.

I held off the PC version and bought a PS4, as I know from MK9, the support was shite (being handled by "High Voltage") and that NRS take priority with consoles more. But not impressed with so called next gen games online in 2015 on a new console.

I have less than 100 matches online and none with TYM people so I can't really say yet but in my experience it has been worse than Injustice but better than MK9.

USF4 on XBL is my golden standard for online FGs, but I played it on PS3 and still had way less lag overall than I've had with MKX on PS4 so far. Even against opponents with green bars the lag is obvious. Not loving it but I think I'm possibly playing the wrong people.
That is because Capcom use GGPO, which isn't bad and if NRS used it, it be a better than it is now.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think the netkode handles good connections fine enough. Granted, I would much rather it handle even mediocre connections well so I could comfortably go into ranked matches and know my experience will be good- but I can deal with it by limiting myself to searching for good connections in rooms:

I realize for people in sparsely populated areas, this isn't an option, which is why I do wish the netkode was better.

But yeah, the weakness of MKX's netkode isn't that good connections don't result in good gameplay, it's that it doesn't offer what rollback code does- the ability to make even bad connections perfectly playable.

As of now, I've played around 200 matches unranked, and not a single match of ranked, and that's how it will stay.
Exactly how it is for me.

I don't understand why people who can do this don't, and then complain about not having any good matches online.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Okay, so we all know that this community likes to cry about certain characters in NRS games (sometimes justifiably, sometimes not) and that this changes week by week as the game evolves.

Well, I'm going to keep track of the general feel of TYM over the life of MKX and will report the most salt inducing character of the week, updating this thread accordingly. Let me know if you feel certain characters deserve a mention.

Week 0: Erron Black. This character managed to induce salt on here before the game was even out. I guess we have Sonic Fox to thank for that and can expect the same the next time he makes him look broken at a tournament.

Week 1: Sub Zero and Cassie Cage. If you didn't see the salt about either of these, I don't know where you were.

Week 2: Kung Jin. This one's a no-brainer. People are already suggesting particular nerfs for him, he is undoubtedly the most complained about character currently.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Okay, so we all know that this community likes to cry about certain characters in NRS games (sometimes justifiably, sometimes not) and that this changes week by week as the game evolves.

Well, I'm going to keep track of the general feel of TYM over the life of MKX and will report the most salt inducing character of the week, updating this thread accordingly. Let me know if you feel certain characters deserve a mention.

Week 0: Erron Black. This character managed to induce salt on here before the game was even out. I guess we have Sonic Fox to thank for that and can expect the same the next time he makes him look broken at a tournament.

Week 1: Sub Zero and Cassie Cage. If you didn't see the salt about either of these, I don't know where you were.

Week 2: Kung Jin. This one's a no-brainer. People are already suggesting particular nerfs for him, he is undoubtedly the most complained about character currently.
Awesome idea

You really need to have a current salt rating for each character per week

Seriously

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Awesome idea

You really need to have a current salt rating for each character per week

Seriously
Hmm...that might actually work on your show Pig. The Salt Chart...though it'd be best if it went to hand in hand with the Shoryuken Jail thing and referenced players and not characters so as not to send mixed signals on character viability.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Wait no Scorption week zero ?
No Takeda week one ?
No Full auto week two ?

Get outta here. :D
Yeah really... People whining about Takeda's range and how "OP" he is.

The salt from Scorpion seems to stem from the overuse and lame out potential of the Inferno variation, though once people get used to low blocking the demon grab they'll probably stfu.

That is what I meant by bad net code: Some people are perfectly fine, others not. I have seen people saying they had little to no lagg with much worse connection than mine, this should not happen. When only 1 specific game starts lagging it is most definitely not the person's connection at fault. How exactly is it on ps4? Do you get the same experience as offline or do you notice a couple frames of lag? I have up to a second delay on Xbox one

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Remember when we used to get mad when Batgirl was safe when you blocked her one chance vortex? What if I told you there's a character in mkx that just wrecked the whole Northwest with over 7 different vortex looks? I personally think we will figure it out sooner or later, but nothing is more embarrassing than being locked in a blender for a whole life bar lol.
I predict salt with Quan soon

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I doubt any of the predictions will knock Kung Jin off of the top spot. He will still be the most complained about character during week 3.