What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Espio

Kokomo
So many of his complaints are such non-issues though. Im sure he has some good points at some point but I dont have the patience to finish the video. Scorpion has too much silver in his costume, Raiden's face isnt like MKX (who even notices this shit lol), Skarlett has too much clothes on, Intro dialogues are too long (skip them then..), etc....
I was expecting actual issues, this is superficial at best
I wasted over 30 minutes watching it sir and it doesn't get any better lol. The vast majority of complaints are like.....okay so just skip or why do you even care? (such as them promoting the release date or Raiden's face lol).

It's his whole gimmick and people eat it up because I guess being edgy and complaining about the most MINOR of things is good practice now.

The closest he comes to a valid point is recasting of Ronda Rousey as Sonya, but if that's one of your only debatable good points in an almost full length show's worth of content, that's embarrassing lol.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I wasted over 30 minutes watching it sir and it doesn't get any better lol. The vast majority of complaints are like.....okay so just skip or why do you even care? (such as them promoting the release date or Raiden's face lol).

It's his whole gimmick and people eat it up because I guess being edgy and complaining about the most MINOR of things is good practice now.

The closest he comes to a valid point is recasting of Ronda Rousey as Sonya, but if that's one of your only debatable good points in an almost full length show's worth of content, that's embarrassing lol.
I think he and ppl who commented supporting his video are nitpicking because they had their hopes ridiculously high and so no matter what NRS would do, they would bitch.

He complained that skarlett threw a blood spear through someones mouth saying that it's been done and not original but Im thinking how many characters have we seen decapitate another, or cut them up in pieces...there are only so many ways you can stab, cut or break a body part lol but really, who gives a shit. I bet you he complains if someone zones him in a match

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Some of the stuff he complained was absolutely petty and non-sensical.
Like for example him complaining about NRS advertising the pre-order bonuses during the event and saying that everyone at the event is already going to buy the game day 1 and pre-order it as well... Well, they might, but the same doesn't necessarily apply to the thousands of other people, who were watching.
Then he complains about Scorpion being on the cover, instead of a character, who is more relevant to the story... I mean, Scorpion is on the NRS logo. He is their mascot and their most recognizable character. Of course he is going to be on the cover, because his presence alone will draw more attention to the game in a story.

Guy's a muppet.
He was right about Honda Housey though. She is a muppet as well.

I do agree with the X Ray complaints(then again i've never been a fan). The animations/cutscenes are WAY too damn long and considering how good graphics are nowadays, they kind of trivialize fatalities.

Almost everything else is petty nitpicking.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I do agree with the X Ray complaints(then again i've never been a fan). The animations/cutscenes are WAY too damn long and considering how good graphics are nowadays, they kind of trivialize fatalities.

Almost everything else is petty nitpicking.
Normally I wouldn't complain about the length of a super animation because it's typically a rare occurrence and really hype, but since NRS seems to want to see two fatal blows per match (being able to get multiple attempts plus them no longer costing meter), I think being too lengthy could be a potential detriment. I feel like we're going to be seeing those thousands of times, and I can imagine them getting a little stale after a while.

leoj89

Noob
I usually like this guy's lore and critique videos but this was just being negative just for the sake of it.

The only thing I thought he made a strong argument about was like stuff about voice actors.

Edit: add the original game cover and the xrays /fatal blows/ fatalities being too long as things I agree with.

Last edited:
Normally I wouldn't complain about the length of a super animation because it's typically a rare occurrence and really hype, since NRS seems to want to see two fatal blows per match (being able to get multiple attempts plus them no longer costing meter), I think being too lengthy could be a detriment. I think we're going to be seeing those thousands of times.
Giving free attempts to the player until they land it is a decision that makes absolutely no sense to me. It doesn't matter if you get one per match. If it whiffs or gets blocked it should be gone. I really hope they rethink that because if not...wow.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I just want to know when the next kombat kast is. I would think with the game so close to release, they would have a weekly kast.
(Also I know Ive said it before but no Ermac & CSZ sucks)

(But I also think a lot of the characters ppl want to see will be released in future kombat packs. So sure its gonna suck having to pay for ermac but fuck it, I want to do some floating shenanigans

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I really like the cover?
I understand him wanting to have some variety. But I also get why Scorpion is always there, hes the face of MK. Imagine having a Halo game without the Masterchief on the cover (ODST didnt have MC in the game so it doesnt count).

MK9's cover with a fight between Scorp and Sub was better so if anything it would be cool to see Scorp fight someone else. BUT, I also get they dont want to reveal any character preemptively.
If anything this might be a temporary cover and then have the final cover Scorp fight someone like Noob or something (if Noob is in the game)

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I understand him wanting to have some variety. But I also get why Scorpion is always there, hes the face of MK. Imagine having a Halo game without the Masterchief on the cover (ODST didnt have MC in the game so it doesnt count).

MK9's cover with a fight between Scorp and Sub was better so if anything it would be cool to see Scorp fight someone else. BUT, I also get they dont want to reveal any character preemptively.
If anything this might be a temporary cover and then have the final cover Scorp fight someone like Noob or something (if Noob is in the game)
I think scorpion looking like a scorpion is neat, he is the face of the game & NRS. I also get the color, this game is loads more colorful & brighter than X. The cover to MKX always bugged me with the flow making you look off to the right at some other game on the shelf or something.
But he was a fan of the franchise 20 years ago or some shit so now hes all angry..
I remember back with mk 2 & 3. most characters didnt look the same, nobody cared. The story was only in endings & attract mode cards. None of it made sense, it was still fun. Games are a fun distraction that is all (if you really are a pro player colors & story should not concern you)

Mk is the only series where you get punished for being loyal to characters. Many are missing again, some will be patched to death, some will be op, where is Mileena? If Kitana makes it then she should be in 11 too

I don’t really understand who this video was made for? It has some legitimate opinions, but it’s all drowned out by a wave of needless bitching, complaining and nitpicking. Complaining about the release date being on monitors at the event? Are you fucking kidding me? I understand being critical of things, but for fucks sake, come on. At least wait until the goddamn game is out until you start shitting on every single minuscule detail that you can dig up.

who the fuck is this guy and why do we care enough to make a thread about him
This.

Then he'll just take credit for the change and said he made them change it.:rolleyes:

Zaccel

Noob
I actually quite like this guy's attachment to the MK story, and enjoyed his videos dissecting characters and offering improvements--but this is needless. So much complaining about incomplete information.

I understand why he may feel the new meters are a "step back." I think any statements on the gameplay are uninformed, but it's nothing to get hung about.

Why complain about Raiden's face at all...? MK character faces have been literally changing every single game but Raiden not looking exactly like MKX is an issue? Nonsense.

I have no issues with Sonya's face, but I'm used to hearing complaints about that. Whatever. I do agree that the stunt casting is a bad move--and while Rousey has her moments, what we'd heard thus far is uneven. I think the big-picture complaint is how this recasting could bode for the series in the future. I don't disagree with the sentiment, but he should really focus on what's there rather than flipping about how bad it could be. After all, it's "too late" to make those kinds of changes, yeah?

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
That video and this thread seem really pointless. The video itself is beyond nitpicky into insane territory.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
A 35 min video about a game that isn't out yet... ok pal.

Am i the only one who gives zero shits what voice actors are used? Lets be real we will all skip the intro shit anyway