What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
My dislikes so far:

- No Ice Clone for Sub-Zero is a big NO. It's such an iconic move, I can't believe it's gone. If they didn't want it to be OP, they could have made it break on hit, and freeze only opponents that walk/dash/jump into it...

- Damage being displayed as pts instead of percentages.

- Kano is in... Again... This character gets to be in three MK games in a row, whereas far more popular characters like Noob Saibot and Shang Tsung don't. LOL, really. Not happy to see Baraka back again either...

- It seems Sonya's trademark special moves are all gone. Why? What's wrong with Leg Grab and Cartwheel, why aren't those in the game? Instead she got Liu's flying kick again which pissed of people before and it looks terrible again. She has basically become unrecognizable, she looks and feels more like an action/shooter game character nowadays...

- Meter burn moves being performed with a combination of inputs is just unnecessary. It'll just end up extremely annoying for people who like to have fun with more characters. It's just more memorizing to do when there's enough already...

- Really dislike Jade's looks. She's all green in her revenant costume, even her skin. It looks so monotone and boring. Her alt costumes are kind of bland too. MKD Jade was amazing, MK9 primary, MKX mobile were pretty good too. MK11 is a big disappointment for me.

- There's a bunch of 50/50s low/overheads already... :-\

- The game kind of feels like 2D SoulCalibur with so much weapon combat and long range moves... It just feels odd...

- Select screen looks forgettable, again...

- I also dislike seeing blue Scorpion and purple Sub-Zero and shit like that... It's messed up...

There are plenty of positives too, but this is the rant thread...

I don't like a lot of the fatalities shown so far. Looks like they're prioritizing showing off the new gore tech over creativity. How many more eyeballs are we gonna see pop out? Geras can control time and his first fatality has him uppercutting(??) a hole in your chest and doing a generic brain punch thing that any character could have done.

I also don't like how the fatality ends in a kind of cinematic freeze-frame. I want to see the bloody aftermath of the carnage. I need closure!

stokedAF

casual kahnage
In light of the mk mobile stream next week I decided to download it again only to find out that it STILL crashes on startup after I sign into my WB account. The new one better be a new app and not just an update for this garbage. Especially if it has unlockable skins for mk11. I haven’t played this shit for a year plus and it’s still trashy, I don’t get it.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
In light of the mk mobile stream next week I decided to download it again only to find out that it STILL crashes on startup after I sign into my WB account. The new one better be a new app and not just an update for this garbage. Especially if it has unlockable skins for mk11. I haven’t played this shit for a year plus and it’s still trashy, I don’t get it.
I've never had it crash on me, so that's weird.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I've never had it crash on me, so that's weird.
Hmmm. It’s only when I sign into my wb account. When I downloaded it again I could play through the tutorial but as soon as I sign in it crashes on startup. Maybe it’s just me, the only thing searches bring up are PC crashes from 4 years ago.

Oh well, if the new mobile is just an update and not a new app I will be missing out. That sucks. Hopefully there are no exclusive outfits for mk11, that’s the only reason I’d play it anyway.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Game seems like an overwhelmingly massive overhaul from the abomination known as MKX. I feel bad making a complaint, but the only minor additions would be-

-Really not a fan of changing characters away from their traditional colors. Borderline criminal to make a green Scorpion or a red Sub-zero. If anything, the customs should be various outfits and schemes yes, but based around their colors when making the changes.

-Dislike seeing ultra fast safe armored 6 second regenerating Fatal Blows. This is my only gameplay related complaint. There's really just no reason to not throw it out. Would much rather prefer a comeback mechanic similar to Tekken's, where it's a super move, but unsafe to throw out blindly so you see it used more as a combo ender or a punish.

I legit can't think of a third complaint. Game looks as good as I've seen a pre-release game look in a very long time.

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
I dislike this the gameplay mechanics as a whole. I really feel like this one is placing limits on every aspect of gameplay. I feel like just adding four bars of meter with breakers still there would’ve been perfect. So only two meter burns? Instead of 3?(amplify). I also will cite going back and playing halo 2, while this is something I love I just feel slow now. I want to run, and I’m not saying we need a run mechanic. It’s just the Mk games have always been so fast paced and fluent. So far this game is looking like street fighter with gore. Which I rarely play street fighter so why are we changing mk to be more like Sf just to appease a couple people?

Requirements for big Kombos and the limiting of kombos potential as a whole is awful. I for one have always enjoyed learning the kombos and recall some of my first passions being sparked by watching check4900 push the limits with the mk9 kombos videos. I’ve actually thought mkx had less kombo potential which should’ve been more than mk9. I even feel like the babies saying cyrax kombos were to long don’t sit threw kitana kombos. But I’m not complaining. I enjoy mk kombos and how sick the team has always been with them. I also thing DBFZ is a game that showed amazing kombo potential. NRS needs to take a page from them.I thought pre patch cyrax and his longer kombos was the most beatiful design to ever be made and he wasn’t even allowed to live that way. But now with with mk11 we have another limiting and creativity killing mechanic. Krushing blows. The only requirements that were hype was no blocking for the babality. Even brutalities which are awesome would’ve been way cooler with less requirements. But for some reason they are now adding requirements as a way to do a bigger kombo only one time per game. For example hit three slides to be able to a krushing blow. Which also adds a huge amount of dmg. Why is short three to five hit kombos into a fatal blow that may hit 40% cooler than an awesome kombo? It’s not. It’s so dumb when characters get dmg buffs or what not and get that bs hit thatvtakes away so much dmg. So everyone in the game now requires us to have unneeded requirements when the reward to kombo was bc you punished your opponents mistakes. I just don’t see why ppl would want to watch 3 to 5 hit special move over and over etc. it’s annoying. Mk9 for Instance had a great balance between casuals and competitive. You could for instance b312 with lui kang 4 times in a row for an easy kombo but playing someone good would have them playing neutral to avoid it. Please take these stupid gameplay chances etc with INjustice don’t ruin MK. The kombo system shouldn’t rely on even more requirements than just opening someone up and using meter. Why complicate this? Please just do four meters and open up kombo potential. The new meter system can be for something else, it just doesn’t seem like anything but LIMITS! Don’t make us the hamster in the cage with a little bit of water given.

Kabal? Give my boy his gas blast. He looks cool, add his aaa string. B121x 3 or dash cancel kombos in the korner. Plz don’t make me become a casual player just to use the nomad dash cancel. The sickest move ever and why make it use resources? You have leather face a chainsaw cancel. I literally would dream about playing Kabal and would practice the nomad dash cancel on an ai holding block and felt so free just using any live into the NDC. Just make it have moments to poke out after some pressure. I just really feel like this move made me feel like I slowed down time and it was something I’m very passionate about and you guys want to limit and take it away from me to.

May I also complain about variations? Why do we have variations if we could select a move load out? It could be so much easier on them to not have to do three versions and just have a character with moves and we could combine aspects of each we like.

NRS!!! The biggest mistake is trying to separate the casual player and making a different game with certain moves the competitive scene will never see. We should unite everyone and try and bring everyone to the same game. Inspire new players to play and grow the tournament scene. Show the players weekly vids etc on how to level up. As a competitive player I would never have time to play casual just to get some of my favorite moves so I don’t understand this design choice. Make special moves that will be used in everything not just certain areas. Bring us together don’t try and encourage them not to learn. There are so many other fun and party modes you could include to have fun. Don’t make the competitive scene hyped in these trailers with moves we will never see.

I am hyped for mk11 but I do get annoyed with some of these choices. I truly feel like the way they want to go is placing limits on every aspect of gameplay and again requirements for the amazing kombos and longer kombos is no fun. Either way I will be playing so y’all there.

RexxyC

what's done is done
nnnnnnnnn i didn't notice catwoman and skarlet, i mildly agree about some of the comments on the characters' looks.

vapid

cyber warlord
I think he's probably a bit too animated/angry during parts, but yeah, I broadly agree with his criticisms re Rousey and regular voice actors being dropped.

I'm certainly intrigued to see how story mode plays out, and whether Sonya gets better voice recordings by the time the game is released. She sounds dire in the reveal build - just totally flat/lifeless.

Raider

Noob
I think he's probably a bit too animated/angry during parts, but yeah, I broadly agree with his criticisms re Rousey and regular voice actors being dropped.

I'm certainly intrigued to see how story mode plays out, and whether Sonya gets better voice recordings by the time the game is released. She sounds dire in the reveal build - just totally flat/lifeless.
Ronda's voice doesn't fit the character at all!

Espio

Kokomo
I mean a lot of these complaints are just petty and I guess people like these type of videos, but his wheel house is coming off as negative as possible about various titles from what I have watched over the last seven months.

Examples of irrelevant, petty complaints: WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISING THE RELEASE DATE AND SHAO KAHN, EVERYONE THERE KNOWS!!! First of all, there are more people watching at home than are probably at the event and they may not have seen the release date and even if most people watching it did, it's not a pertinent criticism whatsoever. It's marketing sir. It's called reaching for things to complain about because there's not REALLY anything to complain about.

MK games have always highlighted over the top gore for their presentations. If it's that big of a problem, perhaps he isn't as big on the series as he claims.

The whole voice actor debate is odd because you can't complain about Kitana's potential replacement when we don't even KNOW how this voice actor will sound or portray the role. The only performance that is a little below the quality is Ronda Rousey and even that is kind of overly dramatic. Some lines are fine she does, some are stiffer, but that's about the only voice acting complaint I vibe with and many companies change actors or go in different directions and they aren't automatically bad because of it. I actually care about Sonya (probably more than people throwing a fit about her new VA) and loved her MKX voice actor a lot because she was rough, tough and funny in her depiction.

They kept quite a few actors too, but because they didn't keep everyone you wanted it's awful.

I watched the whole video to see if a lot of valid points were made and really, it's his typical fair of a couple fair criticisms but mostly just petty shit. I knew that's what it was going to be, watched the fully video and was not proven wrong.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think there's a lot of needless/pointless complaints or nitpicks in the video, but if there is one thing to be noted, it's that voice acting is severely underappreciated in the west. A good voice actor can completely save a poorly written character just like a bad one can ruin a well-written one. If there's one thing I can say I dislike about MK11 so far, it's the stunt casting which is always terrible, and ruins characters. Once you stop hearing the character, and start hearing the actor/actress voicing them instead, they top being the character.

Additionally, consistent voice acting really makes a character feel real, but when their voice changes every game, it's like a big part of them is always changing, and they're not quite the same person each entry.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So many of his complaints are such non-issues though. Im sure he has some good points at some point but I dont have the patience to finish the video. Scorpion has too much silver in his costume, Raiden's face isnt like MKX (who even notices this shit lol), Skarlett has too much clothes on, Intro dialogues are too long (skip them then..), etc....
I was expecting actual issues, this is superficial at best