What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Am I the only one bothered slightly by the flash of blue light every time you hit an opponent? It wasnt there in the previous games and it looks very injustice-y

leoj89

Noob
Am I the only one bothered slightly by the flash of blue light every time you hit an opponent? It wasnt there in the previous games and it looks very injustice-y
I'm guessing it's something to make hit confirm a little easier. I like it but I can totally see why it would annoy some.

Now I will put my real opinion. The problem with injustice zoning style is the lack of collision between projectiles or even the lack of side step. ALA Tekken. If only some of these mechanics were to be implemented the complaints about zoning will disappear. But that is not the case. No true anti zoning mechanic makes zoning brain dead.

I really wanted tag team to return. Ed completely dodged the question and didn’t give it a straight ‘no’ like he did to the other questions. So it is still possible and they might not be ready to talk about multiplayer.

I also don’t like the blue force field of light when characters are hit. It doesn’t suit MK in my opinion.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
How should i have known that? I didn`t play the game.
And you are overreacting a bit. I would like to have an option to change the HUD very much, yes. It looks odd, the shape, the color, it bothers me, i don`t like it.
Do you think I've played the game? No, I haven't. But you're aware that there's a ton of gameplay out there at this point and the NRS employees have explained that. Before making complaints, try to actually look at what's available out there already, which is a TON of gameplay.

Do you think I've played the game? No, I haven't. But you're aware that there's a ton of gameplay out there at this point and the NRS employees have explained that. Before making complaints, try to actually look at what's available out there already, which is a TON of gameplay.
Watched gameplay reveal show, haven`t seen them mention it there. And i don`t really want to see too much of this game yet, because i would rather play the game myself and not develop fatigue even before it comes out.
Anyway, cooldown mechanic wasn`t of my concern. It`s design of the HUD that bothers me. Like the L shaped meter bars. Even though they don`t actually take too much space on the screen, but because of how they look and positioned, it seems like they do, it seems like the screen is boxed in. And the aggressive FATAL BLOW pop ups. I would rather have the equivalent of clash indicator from Injustice, maybe a little bit more apperent. Overall the HUD seems way busier compared to what we`ve had in MKX.

this thread need to be sticked asap
Dumb threads, complaints, shit post, trolling all over the place. All that could have been avoided for the most part if this thread were used, stickied.
This is nothing new, the complaint thread has been FOR YEARS.

listen to the advice from elder gods!

Last edited:

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I only have a few complaints so far but the game looks amazing and I can't wait for april.

1. I don't like the Fatal Blow mechanic you shouldnt get it 6 seconds later on whiff or block.

2.The walk speed is too slow but I hope they adjus that come launch.

3.Dashing has too much recovery frames and useless.

4.Meter shouldn't build itself.

5.The last and most glaring offense in this game is......WHERE THE HELL IS ERMAC!!!!! :mad:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I only have a few complaints so far but the game looks amazing and I can't wait for april.

1. I don't like the Fatal Blow mechanic you shouldnt get it 6 seconds later on whiff or block.

5.The last and most glaring offense in this game is......WHERE THE HELL IS ERMAC!!!!! :mad:
The walk speed is slow? Have you not been watching a damn thing? Also they don't want you to use dash as movement, they want you to walk, they have said it multiple times.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
The walk speed is slow? Have you not been watching a damn thing? Also they don't want you to use dash as movement, they want you to walk, they have said it multiple times.
Dashing should always be an option in fighting games though. Even in SF where walking is preferred with great walk speeds(and great normals for those who have slower ones) dashing is still really useful not for offense but defense as well. The game does look a little slow and awkward but I don’t think it has anything to do with the walk speed. I just can’t quite put my finger on it..

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
My 4 cents

1: Still no Rain, Noob, Sindel and Shang.
2: Cassie Cage in the game, UGH! UGH!
3: Stupid colors on characters.
4: I don't like the Kombat Kasts, very bad and amateurish..

Most other things I love so far.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So far I generally like everything I’ve seen. Anyone complaining about mechanics should hold off until you’ve gotten your hands on the game. Anything new or changed is going to seem wonky until you’ve had a chance to play with it.

My only major gripe is being able to select weird color options for characters that go against their themes. Like red Jade, blue Scorpion, and yellow Sub-Zero. Characters like them, Kitana, Reptile, Noob, and others that have always used the same color scheme should be limited to that color. Those color schemes are as much a part of their characters as their legacy moves, like Spear, Ice Blast, and Fan Toss. Might as well give Sub a fireball and Scorpion a shotgun.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So far I generally like everything I’ve seen. Anyone complaining about mechanics should hold off until you’ve gotten your hands on the game. Anything new or changed is going to seem wonky until you’ve had a chance to play with it.
I disagree. Obviously we won't have a concrete opinion, but it's still worth sharing a first impression if we don't have a better option.

kcd117

Noob

Walkspeed is not slow at all, it is actually great. Dashs are also not as bad as people are saying, for some characters they are still the fastest way to close the distance despite all walkspeeds being extremely good. Some others don’t have great dashes but have big normals that can be used to close the gap fast in neutral.

About the meter system, I can’t really see a better way to balance to avoid abysmal matchups than what they did with it. If you have played a matchup like Donnie vs Starfire for example you should know why the old system was terrible. The fact that both characters only have two bars to work with, and time is the only way to get them back creates a deeper meta in terms of meter management.

Now about ermac... he is a jobber.

I like a lot about the game, particularly the gameplay, Baraka, Erron Black, D'Vorah, Shao Khan, Kabal and Kano. The below items are not going to make me lose any sleep, just criticisms I have. Mostly I just bitch about the roster.

Ronda Rousey Sonya is just a bad decision.

Skarlet should look like she does in the MKX comics. At least give her some hair.

Jacqui shouldn't get a character slot. Jax is just flat out better.

Pick Johnny or Cassie, don't need both taking a slot.

Baraka's voice sounds ridiculous (although I think they may have fixed based on the Jade video).

The roster in general isn't anything special. Johnny, Cassie, Jacqui, Sonya and Frost all in the same game when the series has so many interesting characters is puzzling to me.

Game needs more ninjas. More ninjas is always good.

Game needs more cyborgs. More cyborgs is always good.

I want a 4 armed character, Kintaro would do nicely.

More monsters. Baraka is great, D'Vorah is great, give me more.

Sub Zero's default hat is so bad.

I'm not sold on letting ninjas be whatever color they want. Will have to see how that plays out in practice.

Cassie Cyrus

I love watching the youtube video's of people doing all fatalities or doing tower runs, but I'm sure those people will all go for the purple sub-zero and blue Skarlet when they do the extreme fatality demonstration...

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I know I have created complaint threads before but I do wanna say * ahem* * ahhhem*

WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING WHEN THE GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET AND YOU DID NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME!!! * cough cough cough yea that's all I wanna say..in this thread.

Cassie Cyrus

I know I have created complaint threads before but I do wanna say * ahem* * ahhhem*

WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING WHEN THE GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET AND YOU DID NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME!!! * cough cough cough yea that's all I wanna say..in this thread.
If you don't enjoy pre-complaining, I'll advice you to stay way from forum threads which have the following title:
THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
We need another ninjas...and I dont get the appeal of Rain and his bubbles Im sorry. I want Ermac, Noob Saibot, Smoke, or reptile.

Why is frost in the game when you have sub-zero. A female sub-zero who essentially has moves that subby could have is just a useless addition. You're better off adding cybersub. Some shared moves sure (slide and iceball) but the ice bombs, his MK9 scissor kick, the dive kick, his MKX B2, all make for such a more interesting character than fucking frost and her frosted tips.

Maybe they dont want characters that can set you up with bombs or something

Ceroder

Noob
Game mechanics wise, I was pretty mad at first but now I'm happy with the changes, but there are two things I am annoyed about
1-Meter building by itself
2-Dashing

Sub-Zero's dash makes me want to kms. What the hell is that?

Roster-wise, its such a weird decision to leave Mileena out and putting Frost in. This is community's fault. Spamming Ed's Twitter with Frost didnt help when we could've got Li Mei, Tanya or hell even Nitara. I would rather have Bo' Rai Cho than Frost. It's very disappointing to know that Tanya is not in %100 when Jade is. I dont get why would you want Frost. Also, Jacqui? Come on man. Who or what team is deciding the roster in NRS, honestly?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
They want us to walk?So you mean they are open to making adjustments with anything else but this tweak would be a big no-no?Id imagine if this becomes a issue come launch and enough people ask for adjustments they'd make it happen. I mean they've done it in the past.

Ceroder

Noob
They want us to walk?So you mean they are open to making adjustments with anything else but this tweak would be a big no-no?Id imagine if this becomes a issue come launch and enough people ask for adjustments they'd make it happen. I mean they've done it in the past.
Ahh, if it makes it to launch dont worry, they will wait long ass time, playerbase will wither down and they will patch it when there's a big tournament happening in a short time.

I understand the decision by making it harder to dash in and dash out, but I dont like it. Short distance, long ass recovery... At least recovery should be fast.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Scorpion's spear being meter dependent to serve ANY useful function. What possible advantage does the new base version leave you with? Crap damage and a hard knockdown instead of a restand? WTF. Especially when the other characters with free hit/combo setup moves still have them without meter (Sub, Kabal, I think Scarlet has one, ok Geras' does in fact cost meter). Still it is one of his core gameplay mechanics but because he's a mid-low tier char and the Pros would never main him seriously nobody cares about this crippling nerf. Not even his own fans apparently as everyone seems to be "ok I'll just use two full bars of meter on EVERY combo just to get above 200 damage (which is pitiful) I'm oddly cool with a handicapped offense on an already high risk character". High risk should equal high reward. High risk low to no reward just means completely nonviable character.

Everything else looks awesome though. Safe launching amplified teleport sounds great especially in a zoning/neutral heavy game. I hope the offense bars refill insanely fast after spear or teleport just to make him viable. That's all I want. For my main and fav to be great for once.