What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

LeoMK29

Noob
Skarlets voice acting is weird. The accent, the expression of the voice, sometimes you can barely hear what she is saying.

Ceroder

Noob
Can we honestly see what the game has? This is starting to become very annoying. 2 months left, and its like 8 months away, we know NOTHING about the game except gameplay features. Show us the "new" gamemode, show us the damn roster, release Kombat Pack trailer, this feels so wrong, and its killing the hype for me. I thought this hype would be a blast since release is not far away from announcement, but damn, marketing-wise, this is worse than SFV. With SFV, we had trailers dropping fast even though the game only had 16 playable fighters. We knew the whole roster by October, for a game thats going to release in February next year. We are 1 month away from beta and 2 months away from release, and we dont know anything about the game, its so fucking annoying, and the last Kombat Kast, its like a spit on face, people want to see your console game, not the mobile. I understand you want to not leave mobile "FANS" in the dark (Mobile fans wouldnt exist. Mobile games are marketed towards casual play, not competitive. People open the app, do something and close it. Only a minority would watch a "stream" for their mobile game, in my honest opinion.) but dude, 2 months away and instead of allotting time for the console game, you are showing stuff for mobile! There's 2 months left! What the hell! I want to see the game and content you guys are talking A LOT about, show me them! And no, that was literally a 20 minute kast, you could've done a Kombat Kast normally and released a video on the YT channel or streamed the "mobile" Kombat Kast on Twitch on Friday. You could've even pre-record it. We didnt even see your faces.

Not to mention that "kast" is still not uploaded to YouTube. Come on now. Mobile "fans" wouldnt watch a stream, they would rather see an update video.

God damn what an annoying release schedule, instead of hyping it up, its starting to become really annoying

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ok, this is by far the worst opinion Ive ever heard. The intro’s (both animations and conversations) are one of the best things that ever happend to this game, they give the characters so much more backstory, soul and awesomeness.
thanks for your opinion lol

why does it feel like this game is going to be missing out on quite a few classic characters and worst case scenario repackaged as dlc. ermac noob smoke reptile cyrax sektor nightwolf

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
The only thing that really bothers me is the drip feed of information. I hate having characters revealed and not showcased. "Yo, Kano and D'Vorah are in. You can't see them though." So why announce them in the first place? It's having a impact on my hype. I went from "eat, sleep, work mk11, repeat" to "eat sleep, play the devil may cry trilogy over again. Then play 4, then buy 5. Reminisce on how shit dmc2 still is...oh yeah check TYM for mk11 news"

Biggest complaint though....it's not out yet

Looks a little bland to begin with but we don't really know much yet. MK has so many awesome characters and I feel Cassie, Sonya, and Johnny hold too many spots. Did they really need to add another Cage? lol
Johnny and Sonya are staples, why not take Kitana out she’s boring. Mileena was better anyway.Cassie is lame rip off of Johnny and Sonya trying to appeal to short haired “I wanna talk to the manager” types.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Lol, some people are against complaining, but then their butt-buddies complain and suddenly get their like... Make up your mind.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Seems like they're trying really hard to put a game together within the generic NRS timeline and it seems they could use an extra year or two to add more content. I felt like the hype to MKX and even I2 provided us with fresher content that gave people a reason.

Most peoples reason here is to play a returning character. I'm just a salty Sub Zero player and I'm down I wont get to hear Bill discuss our beloved Ice Clone.

Vaya con dios MK11
Vaya con dios.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Im happy that they have kept finishing blows seperate from the offence/deffence meter so we will see them in competitive play. What I dont like is that Finishing blows recharge if you miss. I also hope they are not safe on block because then they will be a low risk high reward move that will at worst reset to neutral or at best land you a nice chunk of damage.

E

Eldriken

Im happy that they have kept finishing blows seperate from the offence/deffence meter so we will see them in competitive play. What I dont like is that Finishing blows recharge if you miss. I also hope they are not safe on block because then they will be a low risk high reward move that will at worst reset to neutral or at best land you a nice chunk of damage.
A lot can happen in the time it takes them to recharge. I think it takes six seconds? Not 100% sure, however. But you can easily lose 30% or less health in that span of time if you mess up.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I've already complained about this but I gotta say it again

I REALLY DON'T FUCKING LIKE THE IDEA OF AN INCORRECT THROW TECH CAUSING A CRUSHING BLOW. THE MK 50/50 THROW TECH SYSTEM IS ALREADY HORRENDOUSLY SHITTY, LOSING A COMBOS WORTH OF DAMAGE WHEN YOU ALREADY ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR GUESSING WRONG JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I've already complained about this but I gotta say it again

I REALLY DON'T FUCKING LIKE THE IDEA OF AN INCORRECT THROW TECH CAUSING A CRUSHING BLOW. THE MK 50/50 THROW TECH SYSTEM IS ALREADY HORRENDOUSLY SHITTY, LOSING A COMBOS WORTH OF DAMAGE WHEN YOU ALREADY ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR GUESSING WRONG JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY
Agreed I forsee a lot of people just eating the throw because 12% is more attractive than 30%

I really like the cover?
Right? Like damn why is that even a thing to be upset about. People just really want to make it seem like this is the worst game ever so people who want to play don't play it. Fuck them. We'll still play it

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Jax is probably one of the last two characters to be revealed... He was mentioned in the Sonya VS Jade fight.

It also made Jade look like a Kitana slave again, but the Jax part made me sad...
Especially for Jacqui, which needs time off from her loving father, so people will actually like her for once maybe (or hate her more for taking her fathers place)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
This Kombat kast though...

1 - Boon showed Johnny on twitter, its not a secret reveal anymore. Why not do that thing on twitter then surprise us with a totally different character like Shang Tsung or Noob Saibot or, you know, Ermac:rolleyes:

2. Secret guest! Some random guy from Ign...like who cares. Who actually sat there amazed they got John Doe as a guest...like 3 people

3. Its so clear how they are trying to market the game to have as much appeal as possible. No more long ass combos or stamina management or meter building to worry about because we they want EVERYONE to get into it. And at the same time, just sell it to the better players that it's because we want to focus on footsies and strategies. - Not really a complaint I dont mind this at all, its just interesting to me

Honestly, I can already tell fatal blows are going to be the worse thing about this game besides all of the other AUTO PILOT new mechanics. The fact that you can / damn near win an entire round with an unbreakable 32% move without any resources or preparations is outrageous. The difference between winning with an xRay is that the player actually saved 3/4 bars (sacrificing breakers, mb, etc) then used those bars (risking them being completely wasted if blocked or whiffed). But now it seems you’re rewarded with free damage just for almost losing..........? Then on top of that, it will recharge in 5 seconds if you whiff or it’s blocked? Ridiculous.Wouldnt be surprised if by October the game is drastically changed with nerfs.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
My only complaint right now is about the quality of the Kombat Kasts. Good god, it’s like they don’t remember they have one every week and then that morning they’re like “oh shit! Call that dude from IGN to fill in! They already revealed Johnny but we got nothing else, so Johnny it is! Fuck, the sound will be off during the teaser video! Fuck it, no time to fix it. Is there a script or any kind of schedule? No? We’re just going to kind of meander through a move list, saying ‘oops, we forgot to show this move, oh well’. Great, the stream will eat that shit up!”

Seriously, these Kombat Kasts should be maybe, maybe, 20 minutes. They need the reveal, a rundown of the character, and then any actually important announcements. Hell, pre-record the rundown or even the whole fucking stream to make sure it’s tight and watchable, not this amateurish stream-of-consciousness nonsense. From now on I’m just watching the reveal trailer and breakdown on YouTube and looking at TYM for the relevant announcements.

KRYS9984

Noob
I really can't complain about a game that hasn't been released yet but the build up is a little stagnant.

I understand if they don't want to show every character off the bat but little things such as stage reveals, behind the scenes content, concept art, legitimate clues (such as the boots in previous games), etc... would suffice in filling in the gaps to keep us informed and wanting more (in a positive light).

The other criticism I have (which is purely aesthetic / subjective) is the appearance of the meter bars; in the "Auto-Building Meter - A Step Back" thread, I posted a (quickly edited) image of what I personally feel would look better and more consistent with the overall design.

Thing like box art are not really an issue because you don't play the box, it's just there to protect your disc. If you want something different, invest in the Premium Edition and get the steelbook which looks great in my opinion.

Character design, appearance, moves, gameplay, etc... are all subject to change (and it's definitely changing on a weekly basis) so sit tight and wait for the official release.