What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Honestly, I can already tell fatal blows are going to be the worse thing about this game besides all of the other AUTO PILOT new mechanics. The fact that you can / damn near win an entire round with an unbreakable 32% move without any resources or preparations is outrageous. The difference between winning with an xRay is that the player actually saved 3/4 bars (sacrificing breakers, mb, etc) then used those bars (risking them being completely wasted if blocked or whiffed). But now it seems you’re rewarded with free damage just for almost losing..........? Then on top of that, it will recharge in 5 seconds if you whiff or it’s blocked? Ridiculous.Wouldnt be surprised if by October the game is drastically changed with nerfs.
To be fair it's like this in Tekken and other fighters. This isnt anything new and definitely doesnt break the game. Think of it like this, they have made some mechanics more automatic (or autopilot) but the fact that your opponent now has that fatal blow means you have to approach him with a different strategy than you were during the round. It adds a whole new level of adaptation within the same round.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Bet. I hate this reveal schedule with a passion. I really feel like they had a chance to give all the characters a proper reveal and breakdown before launch on a regular schedule. Now because of the mobile kast and these single character kasts we are 7ish weeks out without getting to half the roster confirmed officially. Then there was that weird shit where they confirmed kano and dvorah then released johnny trailer/gameplay first? Why even show the picture renders. They are still catching up and it seems they will end up cramming more than a handful in during april. it looks unprofessional to give full breakdowns of certain characters and then rush others imo

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Im trying but im just not that hype for this game? I wish i was but nothing has really blown me away since the reveal of the game. The whole thing seems really dull. Maybe its the turtle pase of the reveals i don't know. Im hoping once i get my hands on it that will change. Although johnny looks like pretty cool.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh, you mean zoning?
Chances are, if you zoned when your opponent had an xray that could win the round in MKX, then you'll try to do the same thing in MK11.
If you are playing against Jade, a teleporter, someone with better zoning tools, anybody that can nullify your zoning by sliding under for example, then that strategy will only work against scrubs. So im not worried

Chances are, if you zoned when your opponent had an xray that could win the round in MKX, then you'll try to do the same thing in MK11.
If you are playing against Jade, a teleporter, someone with better zoning tools, anybody that can nullify your zoning by sliding under for example, then that strategy will only work against scrubs. So im not worried
I agree and I may be overreacting, but I’m convinced fatal blows will push the meta to become primarily about zoning either before or around the point of the fatal blow. There isn’t running so you can’t run towards your opponent and meter burn rolls are only on wake up so I wouldn’t be shocked if this is the direction the game takes, at least early on

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I feel like fatal blow will be changed. Whiffing it just to get it back doesnt make sense. Johnny could be the exception since his is a cancel. Maybe give it a longer cooldown? Either way some of them are definitely negative and punishable. Im more interested in how the parry(flawless block) will change things. Nothings truly safe at that point

Another thing, Geras looks like a boring piece of shit. Shame he’s likely replacing Tremor, one of Mortal Kombat’s most creative fighters. Also not a huge fan of combos requiring less moves but dealing around the same amount of damage as they did in MKX

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I agree and I may be overreacting, but I’m convinced fatal blows will push the meta to become primarily about zoning either before or around the point of the fatal blow. There isn’t running so you can’t run towards your opponent and meter burn rolls are only on wake up so I wouldn’t be shocked if this is the direction the game takes, at least early on
Yea I rather wait and see how things evolve than to bash a mechanic that is present and working very well in other fighters. Ultimately though, let's say I pick a character that has shitty long range moves or zero ways to deal with zoning, then that's on me to deal with zoners. It's a valid strat that doesnt bother me tbh

Yea I rather wait and see how things evolve than to bash a mechanic that is present and working very well in other fighters. Ultimately though, let's say I pick a character that has shitty long range moves or zero ways to deal with zoning, then that's on me to deal with zoners. It's a valid strat that doesnt bother me tbh
Yeah I agree, and I forget that other fighting games have the mechanic and it works well there so that’s a solid argument. It doesn’t bother you, but a lot of people find that zoning is boring to watch is why people fear it being present here

these kombat kasts definitely need some damn polish. i don't know if it matters because the game is basically around the corner but the current method is lacking. if they're going to go over one character I want to see a full demonstration of this character. show me all the strings, all the specials, all the krushing blows, and most of the customization options. instead we get what 16 bit thinks are the good moves, his personal variations, and get strapped for time through not just tyler and dericks belt battle but the washed up warrior segment. if it's going to keep going like this they might as well show off 2 characters each kast.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
My main apprehension is that we're getting Injustice 3. Everything seems so familiar to me. Kabal has a move that looks like The Flash when he's running through time with his opponent. The gear system that isn't gear system looks like gear system. The roll-out of publicity has been pretty poor too.

Dave8

Noob
The game comes out next month and we've hardly received any information about it. And now, I feel like NRS will be salty about the major leaks, and not say a word, unless the leaks are de-confirmed.

Also, Fujin has been out of play for over two decades, so that's infuriating.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't like the Freeze on the end of Fatalities!
To me this makes every fatality to similar having the freeze frame enders which could make us get tired if them quicker. What is cool is they made them look awesome and fully explored the root of the characters personalities.

I don't like how all the females had breast reduction surgery or how females almost seem defimenized or made more masculine.

Females are less sexy
I don't like how all females are fully covered up only showing minimal amount of skin unlike almost every MK.
Examples:

• Scarlet, Sonya and Jade.
Do I think they look cool, absolutely love the look but hope we get other riskier options.

Kombat kasts
I Don't like the Kombat Kasts speed, detail, content or quality: it seems they are incapable of displaying decent BNBs or the full potential of the characters displayed during KK. They do some specials, don't explain which ones can be used together in variation, which ones are available in tournament/ranked and which are not and they don't show frame data of the moves.

I'd much rather they handed the info over to PND-K&M so they can do thier in depth breakdown of the Kombatants. And they haven't addressed hit boxes as in Female vs Male hitbox issues from MKX(we should know if that's fixed).

Last edited:
Females are less sexy
I don't like how all females are fully covered up only showing minimal amount of skin unlike almost every MK.
Examples:

• Scarlet, Sonya and Jade.
Do I think they look cool, absolutely love the look but hope we get other riskier options.
I find it funny that people actually care about how “sexy” video game characters look lol. Really says a lot about the person saying that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer68

Fujin!
I've already complained about this but I gotta say it again

I REALLY DON'T FUCKING LIKE THE IDEA OF AN INCORRECT THROW TECH CAUSING A CRUSHING BLOW. THE MK 50/50 THROW TECH SYSTEM IS ALREADY HORRENDOUSLY SHITTY, LOSING A COMBOS WORTH OF DAMAGE WHEN YOU ALREADY ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR GUESSING WRONG JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY
What character(s) have this? I don't remember seeing this type of Krushing Blow, so I'm curious.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I find it funny that people actually care about how “sexy” video game characters look lol. Really says a lot about the person saying that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree that you can tell much about a person from their appreciation of a female character looking pleasing sexually.
People are far more complex than one preference on one topic about a specific thing.

What character(s) have this? I don't remember seeing this type of Krushing Blow, so I'm curious.
They've showed it off in the Kombat Kasts and mentioned it a few times. I've mentioned before that this will make people way saltier than other krushing blows or fatal blows. I know they've said that the damage isn't final, but they've showed people getting KB'ed after guessing wrong on a tech, and eating 30+% plus damage over time lolol.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I disagree that you can tell much about a person from their appreciation of a female character looking pleasing sexually.
People are far more complex than one preference on one topic about a specific thing.
I think it is kinda funny that people find half naked roided dudes ok but it is a sin when we ask for some riskier female costumes.