What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

I don't have many complaints. Never been more excited for an MK game.

Based on what I'm hearing about the gameplay, I hope dashes are buffed a bit and that EX inputs are streamlined to be more universal. Since that seems to be a primary concern among many who attended the event, I'm sure it'll be addressed.

Also I'm not a fan of some designs, but since several Injustice 2 characters significantly improved in appearance only months before launch I'll hold off on that.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Now, seriously:

- 10 cinematic krushing blows per match is too much plus I saw a lot of cinematic interactables. All of them will get old in no time and slow down the pace of the game a lot.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I loved the way the game looks, it might be the best MK to date, still there are a few things that bug me:

- Jumps look too floaty. Give everyone flip jumps again!
- Uppercuts look like they have since Injustice 1, they lack any sort of weight behind them. This is true for a few other moves as well.
- Scarlet's gameplay. I don't mind the focuse they are giving to her blood magic specials, but I would like to have at least 1 variation to play more like the in your face, relentless, phycopath ninja she used to be in MK9.
- I have a similar complaint with Sonya. Not regarding her playstyle, but her moves. Since MKX they've been turning her into a gadget user, and she's never been that before. From what I've seen her only returning special is her onion ring. No leg grab, no square wave punch, no arc kick, no bicicle kicks, no cartwheel, no divekick. Dont get me wrong, giving new things to characters in order to make them play differently is great. But in a game with 3 variations not using any of them to bring some of the classic moves or feel back... It feels like a wasted opportunity.

babalook

Noob
I know we haven't seen the full cast yet but I'm not a fan of the absence of cancelable special moves, which is one of my favorite mechanics in MK.

I think mk 11 will get bored quickly, this is not the MK I was waiting for,
1 less combos, I have seen a combo is max 8 hits,
2) too much anumation with creaking bones etc ... this makes the game slow,
3) I have seen in a fight the 2 player are going to stand in the corners and can shoot all the time
4) the blue hits at the end ... the player who can light the blue hit first wins the game even though the other player gives half a line (so away with exciting fights until the end)
I really doubt this mortal kombat, I hope I'm wrong ... but I fear the worst
and why customize ... that is good for 20 min in the beginning for fun but a hardcore mk player is not waiting for that
and where is the krypt?

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The announcer says...

"FATALITY!....scorpion wins." WTF Why after all these games did they change this?? It's "Scorpion wins, FATALITY!" Get the order right!

It only makes sense to state who won THEN the method of finishing.

Sorry but this bothers me.
I noticed this too, and this is probably the only legitimate complaint I had about the event. I also disliked it when they did it for brutalities in MKX. It just bugs the hell out of me. But now they’re doing it with fatalities as well... man... Changing the single most iconic phrase of the series is quite ballsy.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
For like a serious ass complaint complaint.
They really need to do something about the quick rematch option in offline versus.
There needs to be an option to turn it off for stream matches.
What are you saying here? Stream matches?

I don't really have complaints, just more a few things I'm worried about.

I had preferred Cassie to be on the main roster without Sonya or Johnny, who could become DLC at a later point. However now that Sonya is in, I just hope Cassie is a skin for Sonya, especially since signs are pointing to Johnny also being on the roster. Having all three of them seems a bit too much, imo. One of the main issues people had with MKX was the roster being kinda dull, a lot of legacy characters on it who were just there to be there while a lot of fan favourites were no where to be seen, and I just don't want a repeat of that in MK11.

Of course it depends on how the rest of the roster will be outside of those three, but with the info we have now, it doesn't look as good as I had hoped it would.

Another thing is the movement in the game. I wasn't a fan of the Run feature, so I don't mind it being gone, however, I wish the walk speed and dashing would be just a tad faster, maybe have the dashes go a bit further, and the jumps less floaty. I'm aware the devs wants the game to be a bit slower and more strategic, and I'm completely alright with that, but as it is now it looks a bit too slow when it comes to movement.

The speed of the battle, as soon the characters attack and do combos, looks good though!

That's about it though. Other than these few things, I'm loving what we've seen so far!
Pretty sure Cassie isn't a skin. On one image you can see her customisation slots.

RoGE

Noob
welp, haven't posted here in a while so here's what I don't like so far from what I've seen. Who knows, maybe I won't mind it that much when I actually play it.

-Hopefully this isn't permanent but meter just refilling on it's own WITHOUT being earned is just stupid to me. Meter management is basically non-existent. Buuuuut... I will say the meter system is also pretty unique and interesting how you have 2 different kinds of refillable meter. It reminds me of fighting games that rely on cooldowns for specials, only in this case it's cooldowns for ex moves.

-x-rays being giving to you for free when your life is low. I don't care how little they were used in the previous titles. The lack of comeback mechanics was something I PRAISED the NRS games for. Being REWARDED for getting hit just makes the game less honest. /old man yells at cloud

But anyways, I'm looking forward to this game ya'll, idk if I'll get it on release but the netplay is gonna be good. NRS (sadly) is one of the very few fighting game devs that use GGPO in their fighting game. I'm hoping they will allow us to select the input delay this time for it, I want to have mine at 0 for online play.

DDustiNN

I don't really have complaints, just more a few things I'm worried about.

I had preferred Cassie to be on the main roster without Sonya or Johnny, who could become DLC at a later point. However now that Sonya is in, I just hope Cassie is a skin for Sonya, especially since signs are pointing to Johnny also being on the roster. Having all three of them seems a bit too much, imo. One of the main issues people had with MKX was the roster being kinda dull, a lot of legacy characters on it who were just there to be there while a lot of fan favourites were no where to be seen, and I just don't want a repeat of that in MK11.

Of course it depends on how the rest of the roster will be outside of those three, but with the info we have now, it doesn't look as good as I had hoped it would.

Another thing is the movement in the game. I wasn't a fan of the Run feature, so I don't mind it being gone, however, I wish the walk speed and dashing would be just a tad faster, maybe have the dashes go a bit further, and the jumps less floaty. I'm aware the devs wants the game to be a bit slower and more strategic, and I'm completely alright with that, but as it is now it looks a bit too slow when it comes to movement.

The speed of the battle, as soon the characters attack and do combos, looks good though!

That's about it though. Other than these few things, I'm loving what we've seen so far!
I’m perfectly fine with NRS wanting more up-close-and-personal matches. In fact, I’d say I love it. My #1 biggest complaint about Injustice 2 was that nobody wanted to FIGHT in a damn FIGHTING GAME. Too many people spent entire matches running away, trying to keep full-screen distance. Chasing is simply not fun, nor are silly projectile battles.

DDustiNN

welp, haven't posted here in a while so here's what I don't like so far from what I've seen. Who knows, maybe I won't mind it that much when I actually play it.

-Hopefully this isn't permanent but meter just refilling on it's own WITHOUT being earned is just stupid to me. Meter management is basically non-existent. Buuuuut... I will say the meter system is also pretty unique and interesting how you have 2 different kinds of refillable meter. It reminds me of fighting games that rely on cooldowns for specials, only in this case it's cooldowns for ex moves.

-x-rays being giving to you for free when your life is low. I don't care how little they were used in the previous titles. The lack of comeback mechanics was something I PRAISED the NRS games for. Being REWARDED for getting hit just makes the game less honest. /old man yells at cloud

But anyways, I'm looking forward to this game ya'll, idk if I'll get it on release but the netplay is gonna be good. NRS (sadly) is one of the very few fighting game devs that use GGPO in their fighting game. I'm hoping they will allow us to select the input delay this time for it, I want to have mine at 0 for online play.
Regarding meter management:

https://www.gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat-11-developer-interview-towers-of-time-how-gear-works-secret-characters/21980

GC: We have an offense and a defense meter now. How do you fill those up?

PG: They'll just fill up over time, at a rate that's dependent on what you did. So if it's a move that's really strong, it will fill up slower once you use it, and if it's something that's not as strong then it will fill up quicker. But the idea is to make it so that you play the game and you don't really have to look at it until you need it. We're trying to make it so you can just play and do moves at your own pace, and those are more of the constratints, so you can't spam moves and things like that. But it just fills up over time depending on what you did.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
My biggest concern pertains to the future of the human race. There are too many entitled backseat gamedesigners on the internet. I sincerely hope NRS has the smarts (and I think they do) to ignore most of what is written on twitter, TYM, reddit etc.

The silent MAJORITY think the game looks fucking amazing and I can't wait to get my hand on all the new mechanics. Sure, the meter burn shit could be changed, and Ed has stated it was "experimental", but the rest of the gameplay decisions, bring them on, looks GOOD!

DDustiNN

My biggest concern pertains to the future of the human race. There are too many entitled backseat gamedesigners on the internet. I sincerely hope NRS has the smarts (and I think they do) to ignore most of what is written on twitter, TYM, reddit etc.

The silent MAJORITY think the game looks fucking amazing and I can't wait to get my hand on all the new mechanics. Sure, the meter burn shit could be changed, and Ed has stated it was "experimental", but the rest of the gameplay decisions, bring them on, looks GOOD!
I think it looks amazing, and I have not been silent about it, lol.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
So there's a stream of blood under the health bar that apperas after you use your fatal blow. I think it'd be more intuitive if the stream of blood was there as long as you have the fatal blow, and disappered after you use it.