What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Spletty

Grandmaster
I wish REO would make a video of some bullshit kano setup and say it makes him top 5. Everyone would believe it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I wish REO would make a video of some bullshit kano setup and say it makes him top 5. Everyone would believe it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
No, because we have frame data and shit to look at and figure things out. We already knew what Kabal was capable of before he started doing it, its just that nobody put the effort into fucking up their hands so much.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Anyone that hates on kabal players needs to try to use kabal, exactly.... People need to stop bitching just because mk9 has ONE ridiculously technical character in the game, and he's the best surprise surprise. If you hate seeing kabal so much, either pick him up or learn to beat him end of story/enough kabal bashing.
CSZ is a technical character, Raiden is a technical character, Cyrax is a technical character, SZ is a technical character.

Kabal... not so much

CD jr

Noob
daigo umehara is without a doubt the best fighting game player in the history of fighting games right?ok lets take a look at all the characters daigo has used in all fighting games he has play shall we? street fighter 2 turbo=ryu,balrog top tiers,sf3 3rd strike ken top 3 character,street fighter 4 vanilla and super ryu top 2 in vanilla and top 5 in super and in ae yun best in the game and ae2012 back to ryu top tier,alpha 3 akuma top 3, cvs2 sagat,cammy,guile all top tiers except guile.marvel vanilla wolverine,dante,akuma all top 5 characters.my point and ill say it again you can be the BEST at a fighting game but if you dont play at LEAST an upper mid tier character you aint gonna get so far and that is a fucking fact.daigo is like an idol to me but i promise you if he wouldve use low tier characters in all those game we wouldnt know who is daigo umehara today.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
daigo umehara is without a doubt the best fighting game player in the history of fighting games right?ok lets take a look at all the characters daigo has used in all fighting games he has play shall we? street fighter 2 turbo=ryu,balrog top tiers,sf3 3rd strike ken top 3 character,street fighter 4 vanilla and super ryu top 2 in vanilla and top 5 in super and in ae yun best in the game and ae2012 back to ryu top tier,alpha 3 akuma top 3, cvs2 sagat,cammy,guile all top tiers except guile.marvel vanilla wolverine,dante,akuma all top 5 characters.my point and ill say it again you can be the BEST at a fighting game but if you dont play at LEAST an upper mid tier character you aint gonna get so far and that is a fucking fact.daigo is like an idol to me but i promise you if he wouldve use low tier characters in all those game we wouldnt know who is daigo umehara today.
THE CHAMPION HAS SPOKEN!!! I'm just going to add that all characters are in fact in the game and they are all available to ALL players. As REO has stated numerous times....if you complain so much about a certain character, why not USE that character to solve the problem? I'm sure CDjr and REO didn't get as far as they have by complaining about a character that's "bullshit", for fuck's sake, Kabal is WORSE in UMK3.....Spin has ZERO start-up frames and it devours everything except projectiles. Anything else that knocks him out of it is random and therefore an unreliable to focus on as a viable strategy.

Either play the game and accept it as it is or go back to Barbie Horse Adventure. You wanna get good? Fine. Stay on TYM and listen to the top players. You wanna complain about characters, try playing the other games they appear in and you'll see how MK9 is a fucking BLESSING in contrast (i made a similar post about Cyrax in the Cyrax crybaby thread also). Want more balance? Take up Gymnastics. STOP complaining about what needs to be nerfed/buffed unless you are a top player that can play the game at it's fullest potential. Just because YOU can't beat something doesn't mean it's broken. Level-up. The game's true potential isn't even fully unlocked yet. What if someone comes along and finds a tactic that owns Kabal w/ a shitty character? Who is broken then and who needs nerfs/buffs? Just play harder, smarter and faster.

REO

Undead
THE CHAMPION HAS SPOKEN!!! I'm just going to add that all characters are in fact in the game and they are all available to ALL players. As REO has stated numerous times....if you complain so much about a certain character, why not USE that character to solve the problem? I'm sure CDjr and REO didn't get as far as they have by complaining about a character that's "bullshit", for fuck's sake, Kabal is WORSE in UMK3.....Spin has ZERO start-up frames and it devours everything except projectiles. Anything else that knocks him out of it is random unreliable to focus on as a viable strategy.

Either play the game and accept it as it is or go back to Barbie Horse Adventure. You wanna get good? Fine. Stay on TYM and listen to the top players. You wanna complain about characters, try playing the other games they appear in and you'll see how MK9 a fucking BLESSING in contrast (i made a similar post about Cyrax in the Cyrax crybaby thread also). Want more balance? Take up Gymnastics. STOP complaining about what needs to be nerfed/buffed unless you are a top player that can play the game at it's fullest potential. Just because YOU can't beat something doesn't mean it's broken. Level-up. The game's true potential isn't even fully unlocked yet. What if someone comes along and finds a tactic that owns Kabal w/ a shitty character? Who is broken then and who needs nerfs/buffs? Just play harder, smarter and faster.
If people played against Kabal in UMK:3 or any top tier in any other MK game, they'd shit their pants and cry until their tears turn into blood. This is why all the true MK pro veterans don't bitch about anything in MK:9, we've seen and played through way worse.

MK:9's "broken" aspects is child's play compared to what we grew and enjoyed with in the past.

Flagg

Noob
Skarlet and Cage aren't even top 5, Raiden is overrated big time.

Freddy I have at number 4, Kung Lao at 5.

Kenshi and sonya are 2 and 3.

Go offline and fight the top players for these characters and you'll see why.
I already play with the best Cage, KL and Sonya player in the world, offline.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I refuse to believe that Daigo has the valor to his name simply because of the characters he played as.
He is outstanding in most of what he does in the FGC.

As for Kabal, i have a 2-part question. Anyone may answer, but this is specifically for @Foxy.

Why isnt Kabal a technical character; what makes the characters you listed "technical?"

I just want you to expand on your comment :p

Flagg

Noob
I really dont know what MK 3 has to do with anything. It's like comparing Street Fighter I that had a fireball that took 90% of your health compared to Ryu's fireball in SSF IV. UMK3 was such an ungodly broken mess, no wonder the series took a serious nose dive in interest until MK9.

Daigo is without a doubt an exceptional player....to the West. In Japan, while he is still amazing, there are players there arguably better than him. It's just that he is one of the more famous Japanese players to travel. Daigo wasn't the best player in SF III, and it's arguable if he's the best player at SF IV. I recall Daigo's Yun losing to Seth at last EVO. Imagine if he'd just stuck to Ryu instead....

Unless you're Justin Wong or Alex Valle, Daigo would destroy most American players, no matter what character he used.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I really dont know what MK 3 has to do with anything. It's like comparing Street Fighter I that had a fireball that took 90% of your health compared to Ryu's fireball in SSF IV. UMK3 was such an ungodly broken mess, no wonder the series took a serious nose dive in interest until MK9.
False.

Strange how I NEVER heard your name in the UMK3 Kommunity as a "good" player, much less top. Yet you still think you can give viable feedback on it......

If people played against Kabal in UMK:3 or any top tier in any other MK game, they'd shit their pants and cry until their tears turn into blood. This is why all the true MK pro veterans don't bitch about anything in MK:9, we've seen and played through way worse.

MK:9's "broken" aspects is child's play compared to what we grew and enjoyed with in the past.
I would say "don't even get me started"....but it's too late for that now LOLOL

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Oh my God,
It's so sickening to see people ride these top players just because, well -- they're top players. Remind me again, who are most of you again besides these dude's roadies?

I'm done with this thread. I'm not taking anything away from anyone's skills, I'm just putting into question why these players are so proud of themselves when they use the undisputed top character in this game? It's like baseball without salary cap restrictions, of course the team who spends the most is going to win; they have the best tools at their disposal. No shit you wanna win, but I'd like to think you could preserve some dignity in the meantime.

This game would be fixed with one simple element taken away: Kabal. Until then, enjoy your watered-down wins that mean nothing other than the fact that you chose the best character. It's like if the Miami Heat play the Toronto Raptors; does anyone really give a shit if the Heat win?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I've never gone to any tournaments there, hoss. I'm an "online warrior" so my opinion doesn't account for anything.
LMAO Cool, that will save me some time then. hahaha

I'm done with this thread. I'm not taking anything away from anyone's skills, I'm just putting into question why these players are so proud of themselves when they use the undisputed top character in this game? It's like baseball without salary cap restrictions, of course the team who spends the most is going to win; they have the best tools at their disposal. No shit you wanna win, but I'd like to think you could preserve some dignity in the meantime.

This game would be fixed with one simple element taken away: Kabal. Until then, enjoy your watered-down wins that mean nothing other than the fact that you chose the best character. It's like if the Miami Heat play the Toronto Raptors; does anyone really give a shit if the Heat win?
Then if that's how you really feel A.) Why are you here? and B.) Why do you play MK? and C.) Do you NOT like winning?

Play TO WIN. Is there some unwritten rule that prevents you from picking Kabal? No one is restricted to a limited roster. If he's so easy and braindead to use, why don't you use him? The fact of the matter is that Kabal at the highest level takes takes months of practice and I was told when I stated that I wanted to pick up Kabal that I would need to invest a good 3-6 months learning him.

This is coming from top Kabal players who win tournaments or place high. I learned the hard way a LONG time ago, you can not expect people to change their gameplay to suit your personal preferences. Seeing STB next to your name, I'd have expected that to be one of the FIRST lessons you learned from Shujinkydink, as he is usually the LAST person to complain.

Flagg

Noob
False.

Strange how I NEVER heard your name in the UMK3 Kommunity as a "good" player, much less top. Yet you still think you can give viable feedback on it......

I would say "don't even get me started"....but it's too late for that now LOLOL
There was no internet back in the days of UMK9 dickhead. I stopped playing MK after MK3.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm just putting into question why these players are so proud of themselves when they use the undisputed top character in this game? It's like baseball without salary cap restrictions, of course the team who spends the most is going to win; they have the best tools at their disposal. No shit you wanna win, but I'd like to think you could preserve some dignity in the meantime.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. If there's a character that's above and beyond the rest, you're an idiot if you choose not to use that character and then complain when you lose. 'This character is soo good, he has all the tools and has answers for everything! ... but I'm gonna use this other character to lower my chances of winning, just so if I do happen to win I can say I won without having to use the best!!". I'm not saying you have to use Kabal, I'm just saying how could anyone be upset when top players are using a character that maximizes their chances of winning? Use anything and everything to your advantage to win, that is the playing to win mentality. "But that isn't honorable!". Bitch pls. Like I've said before, I'd rather win without honor, than lose for the sake of it.

REO

Undead
Oh my God,
It's so sickening to see people ride these top players just because, well -- they're top players. Remind me again, who are most of you again besides these dude's roadies?

And this, my friends, is how you do not win a tournament. Terrible advice for anyone who plans on becoming the best at something. Why aren't you on "mkwiki.SCOPRIONshoesANDSUBZEROdolls.com"? What business do you have being on a competitive MK site with an attitude like that?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. If there's a character that's above and beyond the rest, you're an idiot if you choose not to use that character and then complain when you lose. 'This character is soo good, he has all the tools and has answers for everything! ... but I'm gonna use this other character to lower my chances of winning, just so if I do happen to win I can say I won without having to use the best!!". I'm not saying you have to use Kabal, I'm just saying how could anyone be upset when top players are using a character that maximizes their chances of winning? Use anything and everything to your advantage to win, that is the playing to win mentality. "But that isn't honorable!". Bitch pls. Like I've said before, I'd rather win without honor, than lose for the sake of it.
Nobody explains this stuff better than Juggs. Honor is a fools prize. Play to win.