What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It's not a good look at all for Mk9 when people from other fighting games look at Kabal at the highest level and are like " Wtf is this? This game is hella dumb." Kabal is one reason why this game will not grow as much as it could.
UMK3 KABAL... game still being play, so what if people who dont even play the game dont wanna see it? like who gives a shit about cashcom cry babies?

REO

Undead
First off, it's called a conversation... something of which you have no knowledge of apparently. Secondly, I'm going by UFGs ideas about Raiden. I don't care what Tom Brady says about Raiden unless he's talking about how to play against him with Sub-Zero.

Next time think before you open your mouth with assumptions. You know what they say about assuming.
You're going by a lousy EU's players opinion on a character? That's fine and all. Just know whatever you guys discuss on paper with Raiden will mean jack-shit in actual tournament play.

Cheers for fatalities and babalities for all Raiden players who come across my path.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Really another thread about KHU BALLZ? lol if you guys spend near half of the time bitching about shit, you guys would probably be at Reos level right now.:REO

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
This community is overreacting on Kabal like crazy right now. He isn't OP.

I wouldn't put it past REO to be pushing the issue so Kabal gets nurfed so he can prove that he will win with Kabal regardless.

Outside Reo and Kevo no Kabal has won a tournament. No Kabal's place constantly well in tournaments other than Reo, Kevo, AC9184, and Detroit (who also uses other characters). That's 4 people...

Guys wanna start bitching about Sektor? There's a huge fucking group of amazing Sektor players now; we win tournaments too.

Or Kitana... Mr. Mileena, 16bit, CD, Revolver.

Or Sonya? Clint, Death, Riu, Morty.

What I'm saying is this community just accepts people's statements without really thinking individually and forming their own educated opinion. Don't believe the Kabal OP hype.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Bwizz even stated himself about his character's placement. He is top 15 without question, but he has several flaws in his strings, and once he loses the life lead, it becomes terribly difficult for him to regain the life lead.
Sure you're going to have to work a little harder (especially after the tele nerf) and play a little smarter with raiden. He's a whiff punisher and a turtler, so of course it's going to be hard for him to regain a life lead. But when he gets one, it shouldn't be hard to keep it.

Even with the nerf, his teleport is one of the best get the fuck off/away from me moves. I just think he isn't as shitty as everyone thinks he is now.

RoGE

Noob
Without Kabal, I would put this community on the same level as Brawl. Seriously people, we ARE FIGHTING GAME PLAYERS, we don't ban our problems away, with DEAL with them. The only time we should ever consider banning something is if its actually game breaking.

I wouldn't put it past REO to be pushing the issue so Kabal gets nurfed so he can prove that he will win with Kabal regardless.

Outside Reo and Kevo no Kabal has won a tournament. No Kabal's place constantly well in tournaments other than Reo, Kevo, AC9184, and Detroit (who also uses other characters). That's 4 people...

Guys wanna start bitching about Sektor? There's a huge fucking group of amazing Sektor players now; we win tournaments too.

Or Kitana... Mr. Mileena, 16bit, CD, Revolver.

Or Sonya? Clint, Death, Riu, Morty.

What I'm saying is this community just accepts people's statements without really thinking individually and forming their own educated opinion. Don't believe the Kabal OP hype.
Quoted for fucking truth man, thank you so much for this post.

Sure you're going to have to work a little harder (especially after the tele nerf) and play a little smarter with raiden. He's a whiff punisher and a turtler, so of course it's going to be hard for him to regain a life lead. But when he gets one, it shouldn't be hard to keep it.

Even with the nerf, his teleport is one of the best get the fuck off/away from me moves. I just think he isn't as shitty as everyone thinks he is now.
The thing is, nobody is saying he is shitty/worthless, what we are saying is he is no way top 10, he's over hyped, overrated, much like Mileena was, and look at her now :3

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Let's be real. No they wouldn't. Besides, I enjoy all of these threads and look forward to reading more.
Yeah, they probably wouldn't, they first need to get rid of the scruby mindset in order to be able to be a high level player....

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You're going by a lousy EU's players opinion on a character? That's fine and all. Just know whatever you guys discuss on paper with Raiden will mean jack-shit in actual tournament play.

Cheers for fatalities and babalities for all Raiden players who come across my path.
Lousy player? wow... I hope the UK guys do work at EVO.

Besides, I wasn't even saying that Raiden should be playing against Kabal or even that he is better than Kabal (which he isn't). Just that he may well be better than people think he is.

REO

Undead
Lousy player? wow... I hope the UK guys do work at EVO.

Besides, I wasn't even saying that Raiden should be playing against Kabal or even that he is better than Kabal (which he isn't). Just that he may well be better than people think he is.
Yeah, I hope they work their way out of the loser's bracket. Keep being anti-American and cheering the enemies, it suits a person like you.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
So....no one wants to discuss what the metagame would look like without Kabal?
Fine, I'll join in what is being discussed here.
There's no way in hell he should be banned yet, only IF he starts flooding top 8s should it even be considered.

Espio

Kokomo
by that you mean REO being the gigantic, trolling ass that he is?

There's a reason I don't root for people like him and playing kabal is only about 1/10th of it.
He's trolling cause everyone's freaking out...everytime REO does or says anything, people hang on his words, and that's why he trolls people into oblivion.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Actually, yes he is. All the top players are saying so.

While my character does well versus Kabal, I still think Kabal needs to be toned down, or the game will die. Kabal is pretty much an execution-heavy Old Kung Lao. No bad match ups. No particular weaknesses. Annihilates a lot of the characters in the game 7:3 or worse. He can zone you out and escape bad situations with EX dash. When zoning does not work, he can apply semi-block infinite combos on you.

Cage, Freddy, Kenshi, and Sonya are very strong characters, but Kabal is in a league all by himself.