What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The only thing that frustrates me is his ability to just cancel a dash to close space or just move aroun. Makes playing footsies against him very different. i think he is fine tho, just a very good character. So is jc and thats who i play lol.

Lulzlou

Noob
I feel so hated as a kabal player :c
The time I put practicing everything is off the charts compared to any other game I played.

I love you all still c:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There's a big difference between unbeatable and broken.

Kabal is not unbeatable.
Off the top of my head, Jax, Sektor, and to an extent, Cyblax, can all hold their ground readily against him.

And his players are all, for the most part, well-respected given how difficult he is to use at a high level.

That being said, he is undoubtedly, undeniably broken.
No fucking question.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
One of the best zoning + one of the best rushdown = broken, OP character.

Let characters have one or the other NOT both.

Look at Cage. Shit zoning + amazing rushdown = great NON OP character.

Death

Noob
One of the best zoning + one of the best rushdown = broken, OP character.

Let characters have one or the other NOT both.

Look at Cage. Shit zoning + amazing rushdown = great NON OP character.
Agree. Since Kabal is a rushdown by design they should focus on nerfing his zoning/meter building.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kabal take like months and months and months of practice to use properly and he's one of the more difficult characters to use (considering you're using him at the highest-level)???

DeathTouch

Iceman
ka-balls is hard to play and those who cry about him should just main him since he is the best in the game. = Win tournaments for the PROS.
to be honest remove 2ndc infinite and he is legit just as other s+tier chars in the game IMO

Lulzlou

Noob
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kabal take like months and months and months of practice to use properly and he's one of the more difficult characters to use (considering you're using him at the highest-level)???
You are correct sir. I'm sure more than half of the people that hate kabal would be playing kabal if he was extremely easy to play.

I really don't think he is hard as people say he is. I've been playing him since early feb. Getting everything down in practice mode didn't take long. The only "hard" thing to do is having the mind games with the pressure, good footsies, and getting good mu exp. When people say its hard, too me I see it as them saying they can't do it and don't even bother to try. I recently have been able to use everything that he has to offer. Now all I really need is match up experience.

A lot of people can't stand getting constantly blown up when learning a character so I feel kabal is a no go for most. I have a lot of patience :s maybe that is why I was able to stick with him and get to where I'm at with him; not a high level kabal though. I can only wish

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Agree. Since Kabal is a rushdown by design they should focus on nerfing his zoning/meter building.
Exactly... and I don't care if you're trolling or not.

The way I look at it for someone like Cage is ... sure, he's crazy up close, but it's your job to keep him out. If he gets in, it's your fault and you deserve to lose if you can't get him off you. I mean, what's he gonna do from full screen?

Then you look at someone with just zoning abilities like Noob, it may be hell to get in on them, but when you do... Noob isn't that good upclose and you can even the match back up. Your job is to get in!

Kabal, on the other hand, will throw IaGBs at you all day and if you manage to get in and start a combo he has a breaker to throw you back out... you get in again and he can pressure you like crazy and when you finally poke out, guess what... he has another breaker!!!! trolololol!!!
So what exactly is your job here?! You don't want in, you don't want to keep him out... BROKEN.

Death

Noob

The way I look at it for someone like Cage is ... sure, he's crazy up close, but it's your job to keep him out. If he gets in, it's your fault and you deserve to lose if you can't get him off you. I mean, what's he gonna do from full screen?

Then you look at someone with just zoning abilities like Noob, it may be hell to get in on them, but when you do... Noob isn't that good upclose and you can even the match back up. Your job is to get in!

Kabal, on the other hand, will throw IaGBs at you all day and if you manage to get in and start a combo he has a breaker to throw you back out... you get in again and he can pressure you like crazy and when you finally poke out, guess what... he has another breaker!!!! trolololol!!!
So what exactly is your job here?! You don't want in, you don't want to keep him out... BROKEN.
I'm not trolling lol. If they nerfed IAGB it would make my life hell of a lot easier.

Lulzlou

Noob
Quick question
How much kabal experience do you actually have?
It seems like you don't know how to deal with zoning in general and seem too scared to poke out of his ndc pressure. Yes its not something easy to get around but it is no where near impossible. I helped quite a bit of people with poking out of kabal's pressure and they all agreed that it wasn't as bad as they thought it was. The only thing they said they need to worry about is the level of the kabal player, not kabal as a character.

Don't say a character is op when you don't know how to deal with him to begin with. Sorry if I sound a bit rude saying that.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
ka-balls is hard to play and those who cry about him should just main him since he is the best in the game. = Win tournaments for the PROS.
to be honest remove 2ndc infinite and he is legit just as other s+tier chars in the game IMO
Why play somebody you dislike? I moan about Jax more than nay other character, so he'd be the last character I'd ever play. Ultimately, I only sympathise with kabal players when they bitch about jax because Jax is actually a complete bitch.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

Sounds like he's actually pretty balanced in all departments, IMO. "Balance" was the word you were looking for. "Broken" has a different meaning. You ever play Sagat in SF? He has the same deal you just mentioned......hard to get in, when u get in he can keep you right there and pound your brains in or push you back out and go back to Zoning.