What's new

The official buffs/nerfs discussion thread.

I like that idea of changing the input commmands for Kano's regular and air ball. That has always been the thing I hated most about kano is how hard it is to pull off the Kano ball and air ball when I want it. A simple df - "insert button here" or bf - "insert button here" would be awesome.

I like that idea of changing the input commmands for Kano's regular and air ball. That has always been the thing I hated most about kano is how hard it is to pull off the Kano ball and air ball when I want it. A simple df - "insert button here" or bf - "insert button here" would be awesome.
Back Forward Triangle imo, his upball is quarter circle forward triangle, air might as well keep the mess.

D. R.

Noob
Nerf: Kung Lao's bp reach. This would make 24 xx low hat less spammable. It's braindead pressure that needs some attention.

Thoughts?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
buff ~ sindel ~ too many things to list

Nerf ~ Kung Lao ~ low hat when it hits shouldnt grant any + frames for him

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Main: Noob
Buff: Sindel, Stryker, Baraka, Sheeva, Noob
Nerf: Kung Lao, Cyrax, Raiden, Reptile, Kano, Stryker's gun

Buffs:
Sindel, Stryker, Baraka, and Sheeva each lean to one side, Zoning or Rushdown.
Fix Noob's good, just fix his hitbox when he teleslams (high in the air, I keep getting hit with slides O.O)

Nerfs:
Kung Lao is magical!
Cyrax has one meter 50's, so don't cry about his reset going bye-bye.
Raiden's tele isn't really punishable, and superman should have more startup frames.
Reptile is perfectly fine, all I ask is for slight frame startup on dash.
Kano: Nerf knife damage/upball recovery (they should make some strings safe though)

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
That damage is pretty damn fair considering how he can get in ur face well enough than most ppl can. Reason why sf charcters have high damage and tools is b/c its sf...not mk9. You just want ur character to be super good. Oh abd by the way noob cant get tht high damage mid screen unless u use resets. noob has some of the worst combo damage midscreen w/o the use of resets. Stryker and naraka do more damage than he does, yet im not complaining. I knw what makes noob good and what he needs.

Your just mad b/c you probably can't abuse kano's tools right and u want more damage 2 make up for it. All I have to say is step your game up.
Its fair because...

What kind of fail troll/bad reasoning was that? Noob can still do 40 % midscreen, and has a bunch of traps and resets. He was made to be trickster. I want my character to be super good? Thats your retort? LMAO

Then say i cant use kano's tool's? WHAT FUCKING TOOLS? All he has is versatility...

EX knives woopty doo more damage, EX choke woopty doo more damage, EX ball(s) woopty do more damage yet put it in a combo and you always gets 1% more damage, the same crap with sub-zero
I hope massivekano see's this xD

leek

Noob
Main: Cage

Buffs: Baraka, Sindel, Noob, Quan Chi
Nerfs: Kung Lao, Cyrax.

Baraka needs his dashing blades to go full screen to deal with mega-zoners.. could use a bit bigger hit box on B+3 popup string to place more then one in the combo, besides in the corner. Sindel, maybe less recovery frames on her forceballs, less damage scaling for bigger combos, etc etc. Just needs SOMETHING. Noob I'd like to see his teleslam hit more often and not be hit out of it. EX should be safe on block like Sektor. Quan Chi's sky drop should have less startup and more recovery to compensate, so you can still keep up pressure but not be totally knocked out everytime in the corner.

Kung Lao's low hat should be slower for the kind of 50/50 it presents with 2,4 low hat/2,4 overhead. Should be slower(I honestly wouldn't mind removing it completely.) in my opinion. Cyrax... no more resets. Please? At least make them techable.. More scaling on bombs/net/both.. just something to fix that. He's downright broken <.<

/endrant.. i feel dirty..

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Dude i got respect for my fellow Kano players but you gotta look at the big picture, and its not a issue with damage, its an issue with Kano's lack luster skills in both zoning and rushdown. Before all this patching started Kano was zoning. Im not gonna do a big synopsis on what made him excel in that department.

The point im making is that he is lack luster in both zoning and rush. So what this patch should do, if they even plan on buffing the guy, is make a choice at which style he will excel in. Right now i have no issue with Kano aside from the from the recovery of his knifes.

Main: Kano, Kenshi
Buff: Kano, Sindel, Stryker, Baraka, Sheeva, Noob, Quan-chi, Sonya, Jax
Nerf: Kung Lao, Reptile

Buffs:
Kano: Give him his pre-patch knife toss, ....OR....make choke not whiff on crouch block. This will allow him to be more dangerous with up close pressure and help him build meter with block strings into choke.
Everyone else: Dont use these characters enough to give a full synopsis on what they need. These are the weakest Characters in the game, and need something to help them compete, everyone else in the game is fine. Im tired of stupid nerfs to the tools we the players take time to learn. Your killing our creativity by removing something as simple as D+4 for Sub-zero, or altering Mileena's Low kick cuz REO took it to grand finals.

Nerf:
Kung Lao: Have low hat have less frame advantage but not too much that it kills the characters rushdown mix ups. I actually enjoy a challenge in this game, its not all about free wins.
Reptile: Make blocked Elbow dash more noticable, not Nomad dash noticable, but give me a louder sound when i block it or something. i cant tell if i should punish or get ready to tech a throw when he dashes at me. lol

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WANTING TO BUFF KANO. I DO FINE WITH KANO ONLINE (400 - 3). MY ONLY GRIPE ABOUT KANO IS THAT HIS FORWARD BALL (AND AIR BALL) REQUIRES 3 DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENTS. I DISLIKE THIS FOR MOVES, EVEN FOR SHANG TSUNG'S SOUL-STEALER.​

MagicMan357

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WANTING TO BUFF KANO. I DO FINE WITH KANO ONLINE (400 - 3). MY ONLY GRIPE ABOUT KANO IS THAT HIS FORWARD BALL (AND AIR BALL) REQUIRES 3 DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENTS. I DISLIKE THIS FOR MOVES, EVEN FOR SHANG TSUNG'S SOUL-STEALER.​
im fine with him to but:
-1 mixup combo
-shitty damage
-Good AA
-somewhat good zoning

He seriously doesnt have that much going for him

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Love the caps.

Never said i had a problem with him buddy, just pointing out what i would like to improve him.

I just miss my old cutlery, these new patched butter knifes just dont cut it anymore...

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
this pretty much sums up why so many idiots think he's a beast or some shit i dunno anymore
I never ever ever ever play online. Its total garbage and is not worth it.

So yes, after playing offline with top players like REO I still stand by my choices of buffs for Kano. His damage is fine, just needs his old knifes back.

MagicMan357

I never ever ever ever play online. Its total garbage and is not worth it.

So yes, after playing offline with top players like REO I still stand by my choices of buffs for Kano. His damage is fine, just needs his old knifes back.
not good enough, even when he had his old knives he still wasnt that great, he's just versatile

Like you said before he needs better rushdown or mixups but the issue is he wont get it, guaranteed

If he had an unblockable command grab, anti-air grab that you could combo off, ridiculous pressure then i wouldnt care about his damage though i would still say its retarded. But my issue is why so many moves with no use? He doesnt even have a reset string which i thought would be b2,3 but nope.

Main: Nightwolf, SZ, Reptile
Buff: No one
Nerf: KL's spin. Still way too good.
Cyrax - remove bomb trap
Kitana - reduce the damage scaling on her big fan combos slightly.
Raiden - add in a couple extra frames of recovery of teleport.
Reptile - add in a couple extra frames of recovery on block.

These nerfs will indirectly buff all other characters. Once the playing field has been leveled and the dust has settled with these nerfs, buffs can be made. I think nerfing and buffing too many characters causes too many unknown variables to happen which can screw everyone up.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
this pretty much sums up why so many idiots think he's a beast or some shit i dunno anymore
I don't play online and I'm not an idiot. I still think hes a really viable character. D.Barret's kano is the only kano I ever had trouble with. Guys got the best Kano on LI and hes showed me what hes got and hes got a good amount of shit to make him good.

MagicMan357

I don't play online and I'm not an idiot. I still think hes a really viable character. D.Barret's kano is the only kano I ever had trouble with. Guys got the best Kano on LI and hes showed me what hes got and hes got a good amount of shit to make him good.
Have you seen his post, he makes total sense
The only reason why i complain about damage is because even Barrett said he's somewhat fucked

But if they did this list id be set:
Make his b2,3 a reset
Give his EX Choke Armor
Make it so his EX knives give a lil damage boost in combos (like 3%) then allow a ball or uppercut
Make it so his normals do not do the same damage in combos (f1,1/f1,2/b1,1)
pre-patched knives

you cant tell me this list isnt legit

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Have you seen his post, he makes total sense
The only reason why i complain about damage is because even Barrett said he's somewhat fucked

But if they did this list id be set:
Make his b2,3 a reset
Give his EX Choke Armor
Make it so his EX knives give a lil damage boost in combos (like 3%) then allow a ball or uppercut
Make it so his normals do not do the same damage in combos (f1,1/f1,2/b1,1)
pre-patched knives

you cant tell me this list isnt legit
tlkn to barret right now actually XD I do have to agree with most of this....ESPECIALLY ex choke having armor. Shit should of have armor in the first place.

MagicMan357

tlkn to barret right now actually XD I do have to agree with most of this....ESPECIALLY ex choke having armor. Shit should of have armor in the first place.
see im not a troll lol i just got that bro love for Kano'z :3