What's new

The official buffs/nerfs discussion thread.

magic man, I think you just don't play cheap enough sometimes, eg: coming in for combos when you were winning from afar. quit going easy on those noob friends of yours haha . Be more of a douchebag with kano. Specifically at that tournament in Framingham at GU on the 20th.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
magic man, I think you just don't play cheap enough sometimes, eg: coming in for combos when you were winning from afar. quit going easy on those noob friends of yours haha . Be more of a douchebag with kano. Specifically at that tournament in Framingham at GU on the 20th.
LOL when you get online 1on1 son

Main: Sektor, Kano, Rain
Buff: Sektor (give him 1 armor move or make his EX Teleport uppercut safer), Sheeva (sucks), Cyber Sub (useless bombs)
Nerf: Freddy (insane damage, traps, projectile glitches), Cyrax (insane damage/traps), Kung Lao (low hat too safe), Reptile (make dash non-cancelable), Mileena (d4/b3 less advantage)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
kitana (no more unbreakable 50%s)
Why is this not even the first time I've heard this? With the exception of the Konqrr xray combo I saw (which is very impractical and we'll probably never actually see it done in a tourny), Kitana's unbreakable combos are comparable to Shang's. She can only throw 4 fans before you can break it (unless more ex fans are thrown, which is useless due to scaling). If you have breaker and get hit with an air fan, you're not looking at more than 20-something before you can break.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
We should name this the '' Let's make Kano OP because I want a good match up against every character''. I play offline and Kano has one if the best zoning games, FASTEST SPECIAL and decent damage. You can't have always have characters with high AND low starters for high damage combos. He has a low starter and an over head that can be used. Use these in your game and all his other tools and you'll be a dominate Kano player. I'm not one to talk but if you have xbox live...Habity is one if the best and legit Kanos I've ever seen and he knows how to use ALL his tools.

Loot

the special effects
Main: Raiden
Buff: Raiden
Nerf: Stryker, Nightwolf, Kenshi

Being the god of thunder and lightning, Stryker should not be able to xray me as his taser should really just supercharge and give Raiden life back, same for Nightwolf and Kenshi being able to reflect. Teleport needs less recovery because lettuce be cereal, we've seen how fast Raiden can move his body with superman, so why should he just briefly stare at the opponent after teleporting before moving?

Speaking of electricity, Raiden needs a damage buff against the cyborgs since, you know, they have mechanical circuits and he would overload them.

main: cage, kitana
buff: stryker, sheeva
nerf: nightwolf

stryker needs either faster normals and his roll needs to be faster. considering how superman with raiden does more damage, starts up 50 times quicker and can be done in the air, it really needs an improvement given how shitty stryker's other tools are. sheeva is self explanatory, she blows.

i think nightwolf is fine right now aside from how easy it is to abuse shoulders. thats the only thing that needs to be nerfed with him

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Main: Raiden
Buff: Raiden
Nerf: Stryker, Nightwolf, Kenshi

Being the god of thunder and lightning, Stryker should not be able to xray me as his taser should really just supercharge and give Raiden life back, same for Nightwolf and Kenshi being able to reflect. Teleport needs less recovery because lettuce be cereal, we've seen how fast Raiden can move his body with superman, so why should he just briefly stare at the opponent after teleporting before moving?

Speaking of electricity, Raiden needs a damage buff against the cyborgs since, you know, they have mechanical circuits and he would overload them.
u get +15 on block from Vascinity blast on block....i think ur good

Big Frog

Noob
The only thing I want is Ground Pound cancel. Please?? No need for more damage, no need for nerfs. She needs other things, but I'm not worried. Please, please just make her GP "cancel-able".

Raiman

Noob
Main: Raiden/Subz
Buff: Raiden/Subz
Nerf: Raiden
Reason:

Raiden:
Buff - Make a blocked vicinity blast work on every character. Nerf - Remove block infinate.

Subz:
Buff - Chip damage on ice ball, slides go under all high projectiles, armor on EX slide, less damage scaling on freeze (i know, i want alot)

Main: Mileena, Sub
Buff: Sheeva, Sindel, Stryker, Baraka
Nerf: Kung Lao, Freddy, Cyrax, Skarlet, Raiden
Sheeva: speed up normals slightly, but she seems pretty hopeless
Sindel: make her scream easier to combo into, make ex scream normal scream basicly
Stryker: not sure what exactly would fix him, but seeing as he is one of 4 characters who seem doomed in a tourney, he needs something
Baraka: same as above
Kung Lao: i know this is ridiculous and illogical, but if low hat hit mid, then a world of issues would be fixed, if this happened i bet they could leave his spin alone
Freddy: nerf damage, fix glitches
Cyrax: remove resets, give some mild compensation, as cyrax is still very good
Skarlet: balance her out a bit by giving her dash into up or down slash back, but fix her daggers so matches arent so lopsided, she right now is basicly either a 7-3 in her favor, or a 7-3 in her opponents
Raiden: If the other to top tiers are nerfed, and nothing is done to him, he'll be untouchable, add a few frames to his fading in animation off of a teleport so its not as ridiculous, maybe nerf superman a little, like drop 1% of damage

Main: Nobody (Everyone is fun!)
Buff: Sheeva Crunchy Stryker Baraka
Nerf: Cyrax Reptile Liu Kang

Buffs:

Sheeva: Reduce startup on 1 and 2. EX Telestomp 1 hit armor
Quan Chi: Add more advantage after Telestomp. Make b3 1+2 a true blockstring (You can 8f in between them so lol no mixup) Allow Skeletal Buff after trance (But it ends trance leaving them at neutral as soon as he recovers.)
Stryker: Rollout has less startup. Make b1 2 2 be hmh not hhh hit detection. As it is you can duck that string and uppercut him. Grenades do 11% to make up for their terrible use.
Baraka: Give him a new string that actually allows a launch off of 11 without using EX df1. As it is you have no chance of landing 2 2 1+2 with him with that terrible startup. b3 1 was a good start.

Nerf:

Cyrax: Get rid of reset combos by making bombs not allow a ground bounce of any sort (Like if you do any string in tag mode and tag to partner. IE if Sub Zero does 212 freeze and tags to Scorpion, a spear followup will count as the second spear in the combo and end the combo.)

Reptile: Make Orbs act like they did in UMK3 on hit. Don't launch them way up into the air just have them flip towards you. This makes his combos actually require spacing and not just 3 seconds to walk in 32next orb.

Liu Kang: b312 not a true blockstring. That's all he needs to be nerfed on.

Raiman

Noob
Raiden: If the other to top tiers are nerfed, and nothing is done to him, he'll be untouchable, add a few frames to his fading in animation off of a teleport so its not as ridiculous, maybe nerf superman a little, like drop 1% of damage
Nerf superman again? it olnly does 10% and already incredibly easy to punish. Might as well take it out all together

Nerf teleport again? It already can be beat by low pokes, fast normals, fast uppercuts, back jump, a ton of specials like dash, spin, shoulder, johnny kick, up ball, jax punch, mileena roll, subz slide, jade kick, superman, and so on, on reaction. Might as well take it out all together.

i'd be fine if they used your nerfs if they gave him a low starter mix up, or a 50/50

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Main: Raiden/Subz
Buff: Raiden/Subz
Nerf: Raiden
Reason:

Raiden:
Buff - Make a blocked vicinity blast work on every character. Nerf - Remove block infinate.

Subz:
Buff - Chip damage on ice ball, slides go under all high projectiles, armor on EX slide, less damage scaling on freeze (i know, i want alot)
chip on ice ball would be broken and stupid.

Mains: Cyber Sub-Zero, Kenshi

Buff: Quan Chi

Nerf: Kung Lao, Reptile, Cyrax

Explanation: I think Quan Chi is the only character that needs a bit of a boost to be legit. Not sure exactly what he should get, possibly making EX Skydrop safe on block (or at least safer). Kung Lao should get less (or no) pushback on a blocked Spin, Reptile should have a cooldown time (maybe 1 second) on his Dash, and Cyrax should have inescapable resets removed.

SZSR

Noob
Sub-Zero's damage is already great as is, and the decent recovery on iceball really would just want you to iceball against non teleporters. You'd build meter nonstop, plus bring down your enemy's health. Plus considering everything else Sub-Zero can do (resets, the godly Slide, and 2, 2) we'd get a character that could take everyone.

Raiman

Noob
how is sub zeros damage great without the reset thats being removed? And I never considered his slide godly. Getting 1% chip off ice ball that is slow starting and slow traveling doesn't seem that stupid to me, especially considering every other character that has a move like freeze has another zone option. Scorpion has spear and hell fire, cyrax has net and bombs, quan chi has trance great projectile and that beam thing, rain has orb and lightning, sub zero has ice ball, thats it

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
how is sub zeros damage great without the reset thats being removed? And I never considered his slide godly. Getting 1% chip off ice ball that is slow starting and slow traveling doesn't seem that stupid to me, especially considering every other character that has a move like freeze has another zone option. Scorpion has spear and hell fire, cyrax has net and bombs, quan chi has trance great projectile and that beam thing, rain has orb and lightning, sub zero has ice ball, thats it
I dislike it when sub players whine about the reset going.

It is relatively new man! What happened to the glory days of us all riding in Tom Brady's coattails and being listed in the top tier. Now it is doom and gloom as we can no longer do 50% with one meter. We won with much less and thrived! So much pessimism has gripped Sub-Zero, if only you had confidence in your character then you would win!

Other characters have not changed, Sub-Zero has not changed. Only you as a player has changed.