What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant punish TKP at max range with Shadow Kick. Any good Ermac player will do it from almost max range which is safe against ALMOST all characters. The way to win this MU is fullscreen. I think thats what Foxy meant. The MU isnt easy for Ermac though i m gonna agree with you on that. Plus Ermac can easily punish his projectiles on reaction with teleport which isnt very hard at all. JC's projectile is slow as hell. Ermac's throw is a massive fight reset in Ermac's favor. If JC gets in its not easy for Ermac to escape pressure but its not impossible. And his down pokes are really good to measure the distance between him and his opponent. Air blast is a very good, and very underrated move, too. Safe on block and pushback. F2 is the same. U4 too. I dont care if i hit the opponent. On block its safe and it pushes back allowing more down pokes to help Ermac keep his distance. The only problem i see Ermac has against JC is F3,2 cause of his high crouch hitbox.Trying to punish TKP's with Shadow Kick wont get you anywhere. One mistake and 30+% of your life is gone.
very nice post

just one thing a smart cage will not play waiting for a tkp like you said it yourself this will not get cage the win and a smart ermac player like josh99 will only do the tkp at full range where he knows the shadow kick can not punish it. but as soon as the cage player block the tkp at full range he will FDASH and ermac has to move back before he can do another tkp or cage will punish it with a shadow kick. . . so he will have to walk back if he does not want to get close to cage putting himself closer to the corner each time and at more than one point in the fight ermac will have to attack cage just to do not put himself in the corner and this is when johnny cage game start

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Someone want to explain how m2dave's comment is going to create "hype" like Brady's comment. Or are people going to finally get that the personal attacks need to stop to better the community?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
very nice post

just one thing a smart cage will not play waiting for a tkp like you said it yourself this will not get cage the win and a smart ermac player like josh99 will only do the tkp at full range where he knows the shadow kick can not punish it. but as soon as the cage player block the tkp at full range he will FDASH and ermac has to move back before he can do another tkp or cage will punish it with a shadow kick. . . so he will have to walk back if he does not want to get close to cage putting himself closer to the corner each time and at more than one point in the fight ermac will have to attack cage just to do not put himself in the corner and this is when johnny cage game start

You really think that i will use the TKP one after another ? You are clearly mistaken m8. JC dashes ? I dash and grab him and he is in the corner. Or i simply down poke him. You really think i m gonna let him corner me knowing what will happen if he does ? I ve played countless JC matches and not only against Foxy to know this MU pretty well to tell you the truth. Ok lets take your scenario. Ok you block the 1st TKP and you FDASH as you say. Do you really think i ll fall for that ? I ll just bait your shadow kick, simply because i know you can punish me this time. I am saying this cause you create scenarios that after a blocked TKP i ll move back and try another TKP. Nope sorry i dont play like that. Plus you are saying that you will Fdash after a MAXED blocked TKP and do a shadow kick to punish the next TKP ? Ok good luck with that.

EDIT: I dont know who this josh99 is i m telling you these thing from my experience.

EDIT2: Btw nice editing after i responded to your original post.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A F0xy Grampa said:
Is it me or does America even have an Ermac player? It feels like they dont have 1....

Fuck off with all this high and mighty bullshit, you're no more special than any of us. We put across our arguement as to why thats the case and we're still to even get a reply as to why Ermac should lose to Cage. This whole thread is fucking retarded anyway considering its made off of the opinions of 3 or 4 players that dont know how to play the ENTIRE cast.

Fair enough alot of players wont know how to play freddy like you, but what says that you know how to play Cage or Ermac or Sektor for example?

Metsoz and myself are contributing to the debate because we've played the matchup enough to understand who can be cheaper to who and under what conditions things work but our word just gets brushed aside like we have no idea what we're talking about. Whereas you guys on the other hand are just theory fighting your lil socks off.

And before anybody else says it, this is MY post, NOT Europes post.
Yes! How egotistical I am! Seriously, go ahead and find me one post on TYM in which I boast about myself. I contribute to the community. I play. I say GGs whether I win or lose. The players who have met me in person can vouch for that.

I am just pointing out the elephant in the room, which is that a lot of misinformation is coming from Europe. First you claimed that Sonya's fireball animation lowers her character hitbox to crouch under Kabal's iaGBs. Then you claimed that Cage beats Mileena based on ridiculous theories. Now you are claiming that Ermac beats Cage. Please tell me how Ermac can zone and beat Cage when Freddy, who has a million fireball traps and a stance that backdashes and lowers his hitbox, goes even with Cage. It makes no sense, and such misinformation is coming precisely because Europe lacks the highest level of competition.

You really think that i will use the TKP one after another ? You are clearly mistaken m8. JC dashes ? I dash and grab him and he is in the corner. Or i simply down poke him. You really think i m gonna let him corner me knowing what will happen if he does ? I ve played countless JC matches and not only against Foxy to know this MU pretty well to tell you the truth. Ok lets take your scenario. Ok you block the 1st TKP and you FDASH as you say. Do you really think i ll fall for that ? I ll just bait your shadow kick, simply because i know you can punish me this time. I am saying this cause you create scenarios that after a blocked TKP i ll move back and try another TKP. Nope sorry i dont play like that. Plus you are saying that you will Fdash after a MAXED blocked TKP and do a shadow kick to punish the next TKP ? Ok good luck with that.EDIT: I dont know who this josh99 is i m telling you these thing from my experience.
oh man did you even read my post? when did i say any of the thing i changed the color to red in your post?

i just have one question what meke you think you have an open window to come and hit me after i do a dash block? i really do not know you or how good you are but i tell you this any ermac player who think ermac wins the matchup vs cage is because he has not played a top cage player who knows the matchup

i am not saying ermac is free against he has tools to fight cage but he does not win the match up

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ninj said:
I disagree. Dagger cancel was a gimmick - you're ignorant of what Skarlet's actual broken quality was pre-patch, which was linking a down slash into Red Slides, allowing for relatively easy 50%+ meterless midscreens.

Post patch, she has the ability to hit 46-48% meterless midscreens with a bit of technical proficiency. Add that with a teleport slash that can be used on reaction to punish certain projectiles, a Red Slide that can interrupt certain specials on getup, and an armored Red Dash that allows for taking a hit in return for a 38-42%ish punish without meter, a downward dagger that forces a block and a midscreen or corner reset combo ender...

I'm not sure what it is she needs for your tier list to consider her better than C-tier, besides the fact that you clearly need to play a Skarlet player who has some real technical skill with her along with matchup experience vs the rest of the cast.
I was arguably one of the first players in the community to test Skarlet in a tournament environment. Ask THTB, Playing To Win, Forever King, Master D., etc. who all played against my Skarlet. How can I be "ignorant" about the character? Also, tell me which quick and hit-confirmable strings (aside from 2,1,2) you used to set up these big damaging combos.

As far as I am concerned, you have lost all credibility when you stated that dagger cancels are a "gimmick". How can a projectile that was tied with Kabal's iaGBs as the best projectile in the game pre-patch be considered a "gimmick"? Dagger cancels zoned a lot of characters to death and built an enormous amount of super meter. With that gone, the character is left with the red dash, which is admittedly good, and an average offense. She has nothing else. Who in their right mind respects a slowed down projectile that does 2% of damage? Skarlet sucks now. Apparently, everyone (aside from Europe of course) knows so.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Yes! How egotistical I am! Seriously, go ahead and find me one post on TYM in which I boast about myself. I contribute to the community. I play. I say GGs whether I win or lose. The players who have met me in person can vouch for that... It makes no sense, and such misinformation is coming precisely because Europe lacks the highest level of competition.
When you belittle people's competitive scenes and opinions it can result in a response similar to one you would get if you exhibit a narcissistic behavior.

SZSR

Noob
Who said that?

I disagreed that Smoke lost to KL PRE-PATCH.

I don't see how Smoke loses to Cage at all. Out-spacing him is easy, and he loses at every range except point blank. Keeping Smoke locked down is not easy.

Jax, yes.

Raiden, I don't know. Not enough experience. I played Maxter's Raiden briefly and even though he won, I feel like after enough experience with the match up it would end up going blow for blow.
That's what REO and m2Dave claimed. I've played a few offline Kungs and while he is a challenge, he's nothing compared to release Kung, that's just what they said. Ever since the dash nerf, i'm not convinced either that Cage is a bad matchup for Smoke either, that was his main mode of transportation and Cage's other ground covering attack :en Shadow Kick really doesn't help him out, unless there's some secret tech that the Cages are keeping from us.

Tom Brady claimed that the Jax matchup wasn't so bad on page 11 of this thread, I haven't played any offline Jaxes but from what CD jr could do, and what Jax is capapble of, I have no doubt in my mind he's a bad matchup. Raiden is an "I don't know"for me too, Maxter is the only recent Raiden i've seen and if you personally felt it was pretty even then I trust your judgement. I've never played an offline Raiden so TBH you could tell me the matchup is -1 - 11 in Raiden's favor and i'd believe you. I was hoping someone could shed some more light on this subject.

REO

Undead
I can't wait for these European players to enter American soil and challenge us. Maybe our line-up should have Johnny Cage and Mileena players for the big bad Euro-macs just to make things a tad easier and more interesting.

Yes! How egotistical I am! Seriously, go ahead and find me one post on TYM in which I boast about myself. I contribute to the community. I play. I say GGs whether I win or lose. The players who have met me in person can vouch for that.

I am just pointing out the elephant in the room, which is that a lot of misinformation is coming from Europe. First you claimed that Sonya's fireball animation lowers her character hitbox to crouch under Kabal's iaGBs. Then you claimed that Cage beats Mileena based on ridiculous theories. Now you are claiming that Ermac beats Cage. Please tell me how Ermac can zone and beat Cage when Freddy, who has a million fireball traps and a stance that backdashes and lowers his hitbox, goes even with Cage. It makes no sense, and such misinformation is coming precisely because Europe lacks the highest level of competition.
yep but is not europe lol this is all foxy. . .i remember him trying to tell me sonya can punish poke with a dive kick on reaction lol nothing against you foxy do not take it personal please but some times your posts are very unrealistic no all the time man but when you do it you do it big

This whole Europe VS. USA war stinks. I'm pretty sure there are some European players on par and even better than some American players, but the reality is that the USA scene is MUCH MUCH larger. Hell, I think the New York scene is larger than all the other scenes put together. Logic tells you that the more players there are, the more competition there is, the more competition there is, the more experience there is.

I TOTALLY agree. Just because One dude says something wrong and he happens to be from Europe, You totally have the right to justify that Misinformation is coming from europe, and not the player themselves. Europe also has terrible players too! I mean come on, i could beat anyone there because they have terrible competition, and i know this because M2DAVE said so. I mean, He probably hasnt seen every player in europe play, much less even go to europe, but it dosent matter. Man, Europe sucks. ROCK ON M2DAVE!

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
does it really matter f u from us or europe???
ya'll know it don't so don't bullshit
what matters is the player

Death

Noob

EPIC

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I was arguably one of the first players in the community to test Skarlet in a tournament environment. Ask THTB, Playing To Win, Forever King, Master D., etc. who all played against my Skarlet. How can I be "ignorant" about the character? Also, tell me which quick and hit-confirmable strings (aside from 2,1,2) you used to set up these big damaging combos.

As far as I am concerned, you have lost all credibility when you stated that dagger cancels are a "gimmick". How can a projectile that was tied with Kabal's iaGBs as the best projectile in the game pre-patch be considered a "gimmick"? Dagger cancels zoned a lot of characters to death and built an enormous amount of super meter. With that gone, the character is left with the red dash, which is admittedly good, and an average offense. She has nothing else. Who in their right mind respects a slowed down projectile that does 2% of damage? Skarlet sucks now. Apparently, everyone (aside from Europe of course) knows so.
"A gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries". I'd argue that since Skarlet could, while standing, completely lock down most (if not all) characters of the cast, her pre-patch dagger cancel was an unintentional gimmick. an IAFireball is not the same as pre-patch dagger cancels.

2,1,2 became my least used combo after the patch. Skarlet's starters are now F4,DF3 (for a little extra reach when needed), B2,DF3 (DF3 makes this hit-confirmable), and F3,1,(DF3 if extra time is needed).

You were one of the first players in the community to test Skarlet, eh? I've been playing her since she came out as well. I'm not here to gain or lose credibility - I couldn't care less. That said, you're incorrect if you still think 2,1,2 is her best string. You're talking about pre-patch Skarlet, where you could link into a 40%+ meterless combo off of 2,1,2 by linking DB2 into Red Slides (which I miss so much, but life goes on). Current-patch Skarlet needed to make use of her other tools...and she does so very well.

Since you're dropping names, ask Forever King about my Skarlet as well - he tried to recruit me as the, or one of the, best Skarlet players he's seen. :)

My other post may have been a little harsh, but I feel like you're focused on pre-patch Skarlet and ignoring post-patch Skarlet. Stay tuned for my guide on her - I'll go over some tactics you may not be aware of.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I HATE tier list discussion to began with, so I'm probably going to regret posting in here.

First of all, I hope people are not treating this as an official tier list, since this was created with the input of only 4 players and provides no information/explanation.

Most of the characters in this game I still do not feel qualified to discuss; however when comparing Sektor to the rest of the cast, he can't be A+ for one big reason. Sektor's strings can all be duck blocked and punished. Also there is little reason to block high against him. Lastly, he has terrible reach on his pressure strings (1,2 and 2,1). When people finally figure out how to play against Sektor, I won't get way with half the shit I do now.

I don't believe those who made this tier list know enough about this character to give an official ranking of him. However I say this lightly, since I know not enough to rank most of the other characters in the game. Personally if you want an effective tier list you would want to gather at least 2 top tournament players of each character and have them discuss their match ups - combine scores - get tier list.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CJF said:
I TOTALLY agree. Just because One dude says something wrong and he happens to be from Europe, You totally have the right to justify that Misinformation is coming from europe, and not the player themselves. Europe also has terrible players too! I mean come on, i could beat anyone there because they have terrible competition, and i know this because M2DAVE said so. I mean, He probably hasnt seen every player in europe play, much less even go to europe, but it dosent matter. Man, Europe sucks. ROCK ON M2DAVE!
You know nothing about me. I do not hate Europe. I am from Europe. I moved from Germany to the United States in 2001. My point is that Europe's competition is questionable, seeing how one of their best players makes one bizarre comment after another.

[MENTION=5872]Ninj[/MENTION], Skarlet's normals are terrible for the most part. 2,1,2 and f+4,3 are good, though. Unless someone comes up with a major discovery, she will remain where she is. The character's best tool has been toned down too much. It is as simple as that.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
No point in me posting because you dont even consider looking at what the hell im saying, you guys know it all (y)

Check out the Sonya guide that I had to completely update...

Btw Mileena only wins in theory fighter 9

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I HATE tier list discussion to began with, so I'm probably going to regret posting in here.

First of all, I hope people are not treating this as an official tier list, since this was created with the input of only 4 players and provides no information/explanation.

Most of the characters in this game I still do not feel qualified to discuss; however when comparing Sektor to the rest of the cast, he can't be A+ for one big reason. Sektor's strings can all be duck blocked and punished. Also there is little reason to block high against him. Lastly, he has terrible reach on his pressure strings (1,2 and 2,1). When people finally figure out how to play against Sektor, I won't get way with half the shit I do now.

I don't believe those who made this tier list know enough about this character to give an official ranking of him. However I say this lightly, since I know not enough to rank most of the other characters in the game. Personally if you want an effective tier list you would want to gather at least 2 top tournament players of each character and have them discuss their match ups - combine scores - get tier list.
QFT

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
[MENTION=5872]Ninj[/MENTION], Skarlet's normals are terrible for the most part. 2,1,2 and f+4,3 are good, though. Unless someone comes up with a major discovery, she will remain where she is. The character's best tool has been toned down too much. It is as simple as that.
You're wrong. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.