What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
reo ,dave i think you guys should move cage to B tier if this tier is going to be based on lossing matchups

1) sub zero
2) kitana
3) kabal
4) sektor
5) reptile
6) sonya
7) noob
8) kenshi

that make him B tier and if you want to add mileena and freddy to the list he is C tier if you guys have any question about any of this matchups let me know
Sektors a 5-5 IMO but you could replace him with Ermac on the list, that matchups in Ermacs favour.

Sektors a 5-5 IMO but you could replace him with Ermac on the list, that matchups in Ermacs favour.
LMO ermac winning the match vs cage LMO nice troll ( because you are trolling right? )

I don't see how Cage has trouble with Freddy or Mileena ( i think those are 5-5 matchups ) , also Sektor is not a bad matchup it's 5-5 for sure , Sonya i have some doubts about that too , could you please explain your vision on those matchups?
it is hard for cage to get in on sektor because his projectiles have good recover and that normal move that pushes you back works great against cage as well and when cage is getting close sektor can do his flame to check any move that cage has and pushing him back. . . yes cage can use ex shadow kick to beat flames and projectile but you are not getting much from it even if sektor is in the corner because sektor can easily get out of the corner by using his ex-teleport uppertcut on wake-up which is safe.

sektor's low hit box is a big thing in this match up as well because johnny cage can not use f32 to rushdown sektor in a face to face fight because the second hit of f32 will wiff and sektor gets a free uppertcut . . .sektor's d4 give cage problems and since f32 does not work well to attack a crouching-block sektor the cage player will find himself using more f33 to start his offence more than he would usely do and this is not good because f33 is very weak against crossup jumps because it does not cover a good distance like f32 does and it has more recover on wiff as well so if you go for f33 at the time sektor is running away with a jump back and cage wiff f33 sektor can teleport punch on reaction for a full combo.

i think all of this make this match up 6-4 sektor

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
LMO ermac winning the match vs cage LMO nice troll ( because you are trolling right? )
I have to agree, Ermac wins this match.

Cage can't really get in and he defiantly isn't going to get in by jumping, and if and when he gets in his :r:fk:fk :en Low Forceballs go over Ermac.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Theoretically scorpion has no bad or good match ups. But for me Mileena is one of hit worst as she can roll him out of any teleport punch on reaction.
...Yeah, I could see that.
50/50 Bread and butters = 50/50 chance of victory = 5-5 with everyone before he even flames into the arena.
Math is power :D.
With Mileena, I guess it'd just be a matter of patience waiting for her to slip up and sticking her with a spear or a flying fire fist.
There's gotta be somebody who'd be a real problem for him, though...Noob, maybe? He's a real pain in the undead ass...

UsedForGlue

...Yeah, I could see that.
50/50 Bread and butters = 50/50 chance of victory = 5-5 with everyone before he even flames into the arena.
With Mileena, I guess it'd just be a matter of patience waiting for her to slip up and sticking her with a spear or a flying fire fist.
There's gotta be somebody who'd be a real problem for him, though...Noob, maybe? I would think he'd be a great concern...
Like i said, Scorpion is the most balanced Character in the game, he is the perfect 5-5 character, which is his strength as he will never has any match up out of his favour.

But, the one rule breaker, is that Mileena is able able to ball roll him out of every teleport punch, even on a blocked :r:bp:fp :en Teleport punch, on the return, she can knock him out of it.

Even though scorpion can punish Mileena brilliantly, even using a d1 into spear on a block :en Telekick, Mileena is a 6-4 over Scorp, as she has more safe options than scorpion has, and for me, thats his bad match up.

Honestly, look at the character board, there are no other characters hands down beat out scorpions options, its best man wins each time.

UsedForGlue

Why is Jade at the bottom? She doesn't have that many bad matchups does she?
Yes, one of her obvious bad matchs up would be Raiden. Raiden can be full screen the entire fight and there really isn't much she can do if he plays it that way, I can explain more if its needed, but it should be somewhat obvious.

But I personally wouldn't say that she the absolute worst character in the game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well, as far as everybody on here knows, you have no good Ermac player to practice against, we do. And that matchup got played to death. If you wanna talk about trolling matchups I dont get how you think Jax beats Sonya...

it is hard for cage to get in on sektor because his projectiles have good recover and that normal move that pushes you back works great against cage as well and when cage is getting close sektor can do his flame to check any move that cage has and pushing him back. . . yes cage can use ex shadow kick to beat flames and projectile but you are not getting much from it even if sektor is in the corner because sektor can easily get out of the corner by using his ex-teleport uppertcut on wake-up which is safe.

sektor's low hit box is a big thing in this match up as well because johnny cage can not use f32 to rushdown sektor in a face to face fight because the second hit of f32 will wiff and sektor gets a free uppertcut . . .sektor's d4 give cage problems and since f32 does not work well to attack a crouching-block sektor the cage player will find himself using more f33 to start his offence more than he would usely do and this is not good because f33 is very weak against crossup jumps because it does not cover a good distance like f32 does and it has more recover on wiff as well so if you go for f33 at the time sektor is running away with a jump back and cage wiff f33 sektor can teleport punch on reaction for a full combo.
This whole paragraph is theory fighter, Sektor wins at range but cant do much up close without a good read. No armour to escape so he has to play very carefully, Sektor in the corner against Cage is pretty much dead. Cage doesnt have to always commit to F32 or F33 anyway the whole string itself is a mixup everytime a F3 lands.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Like i said, Scorpion is the most balanced Character in the game, he is the perfect 5-5 character, which is his strength as he will never has any match up out of his favour.

Honestly, look at the character board, there are no other characters hands down beat out scorpions options, its best man wins each time.

Oh maaaaan

Scorp player meltdowns incoming

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yes, one of her obvious bad matchs up would be Raiden. Raiden can be full screen the entire fight and there really isn't much she can do if he plays it that way, I can explain more if its needed, but it should be somewhat obvious.
No I get that, I can see it. I just had no idea there were so many people that good at keeping her out.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

i think all of this make this match up 6-4 sektor
I don't agree. why even use f3,2 anymore? his 2,1 covers pretty good ground to start block stings... and if you finish it, you are safe on block and within f3,3 range. Cage has to approach the matchup with different strings, but with the same mindset. Cage punishes Sektor harder because of nut punch resets. This is a classic who can stay within their meaty range matchup.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't agree. why even use f3,2 anymore? his 2,1 covers pretty good ground to start block stings... and if you finish it, you are safe on block and within f3,3 range. Cage has to approach the matchup with different strings, but with the same mindset. Cage punishes Sektor harder because of nut punch resets. This is a classic who can stay within their meaty range matchup.
F32 is mid hitting and advancing + its a little different delay compared to F33 so you can still use it as a mixup in block strings. 2 1 doesnt have the same kinda range either. But I agree with you on the last sentence.

Well, as far as everybody on here knows, you have no good Ermac player to practice against, we do. And that matchup got played to death.

This whole paragraph is theory fighter, Sektor wins at range but cant do much up close without a good read. No armour to escape so he has to play very carefully, Sektor in the corner against Cage is pretty much dead. Cage doesnt have to always commit to F32 or F33 anyway the whole string itself is a mixup everytime a F3 lands.
i have played the ermac matchup a lot man for your info cdjr use to play with ermac and i have been playing with josh99 who has one of the best ermac in the US this two great players and more people out who use ermac against my cage so yes i do know the match up ermac

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sorry, I forgot that I am not american.

I honestly don't see what the issue is with my opinion on scorpion.

why do you think Kitana vs. Scorp is 5-5?

Zoning game is in her favor unless he has meter and he has a hard time getting in past d+1/f+2,1 range.

Also who can't blow up all versions of the teleport punch on reaction?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The logic that Scorp is a 5/5 matchup character because he has high risk/high reward 50/50 mixups makes NO SENSE. The Scorp player can't magically apply the mixups with his 50/50 mixup button at any time.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok, so Smoke loses to Raiden, Kung Lao, Jax, and Johnny Cage.
Who said that?

I disagreed that Smoke lost to KL PRE-PATCH.

I don't see how Smoke loses to Cage at all. Out-spacing him is easy, and he loses at every range except point blank. Keeping Smoke locked down is not easy.

Jax, yes.

Raiden, I don't know. Not enough experience. I played Maxter's Raiden briefly and even though he won, I feel like after enough experience with the match up it would end up going blow for blow.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i have played the ermac matchup a lot man for your info cdjr use to play with ermac and i have been playing with josh99 who has one of the best ermac in the US this two great players and more people out who use ermac against my cage so yes i do know the match up ermac
CDJr doesn't main Ermac and I'm positive he didnt know the ins and outs of the character back then. Josh99 is good but he's not at the TOP of the competition out there. Cage stands no chance against a lame Ermac at all, cant jump, dash blocking means you respect the push so much that Ermac can step up to you. Ever get caught by Ermacs throw? See where it leaves you.

Ex shadow kick is useless cause you aint gonna be doing it on reaction to a push. Also at fullscreen Ermacs average fireball owns Cages.
Cage has only got his D4 frametrap left, the rest of it has to be perfect reads and mixups.
Also Ermac can whiff punish Cage ALOT harder than Cage can whiff punish Ermac.

To say that Ermac loses to Cage would mean that Ermac could do NOTHING point blank, but considering he has good pokes and anti cross up moves thats not true. Ermac has the ability to get him out and then keep him out. Any time Cage gets caught by a push its 11% and back to full screen again.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Mileena is hardly Scorp's worst match. 16 Bit is right, every character can punish Scorp's tp on reaction, not just Mileena. Scorp has got plenty of 6-4 matches. When he has meter they all turn to 5-5, but the fact he has to use meter to get him to that point means he doesn't get to use breakers to save himself. Thankfully, he's got really good comeback ability, so no match-up seems too far out of reach for him to win.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Mileena is hardly Scorp's worst match. 16 Bit is right, every character can punish Scorp's tp on reaction, not just Mileena. Scorp has got plenty of 6-4 matches. When he has meter they all turn to 5-5, but the fact he has to use meter to get him to that point means he doesn't get to use breakers to save himself. Thankfully, he's got really good comeback ability, so no match-up seems too far out of reach for him to win.
This then brings us back to UFG's point, if he has no matchups where he actually loses why is he mid tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.