What's new

The New Variations/Balance Adjustment Hype and Discussion Thread

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Do you think the Kollector downplay will continue?

I mean people downplayed Kitana and look what she has got now. And it sounds like Kotal ain't getting no universal changes to his frames which makes me sad.
Kollector will be downplayed until sonic fox plays him for 8 minutes on stream and says "oh hes kinda sick" then everyone will say kollector is good.

With Geras having Sand Simulacrum (teleport) now everyone and his mother have a teleport (Liu has two because why not?) + overhead/low mixup galore. Are we rewinding time to the MKX era? How kool that is...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Cassie 3rd might be the whole roster worst variation
I dunno, those bullets are pretty fast, and safe on block.

True, no launcher is butt cheeks but she may end up being a decent zoner. Also, if they’ve updated the fly she might have some decent combo routes (although this is very unlikely).

I dunno, those bullets are pretty fast, and safe on block.
I think you are getting confused. You are thinking about ricochet bullet while she got the bouncing bullet that is a 50f start up that only hits the ground and the opponent can hop and punish. I think there isn't a slower projectile.

DeftMonk

Noob
I think you are getting confused. You are thinking about ricochet bullet while she got the bouncing bullet that is a 50f start up that only hits the ground and the opponent can hop and punish. I think there isn't a slower projectile.
Surely theres some way to set this up safely NRS knows what they are doing cmon. :joker:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Move is slow right now. I didn’t want the ricochet bullets either but we’ll have to see. Can’t really say much about it right now since they said that they’re changing some stuff around. Have to try it. So it might be subject to change.

Edit: Didn’t mean 23 frames

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So are the moves getting adjusted whenever these 3rd variations drop? Still haven’t had time to watch the KK.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
So are the moves getting adjusted whenever these 3rd variations drop? Still haven’t had time to watch the KK.
They said some, but it's not going to be like the bit balance patch we had in August. Only one that they've mentioned so far of significance was Liu Kang's F4 getting slower by 2 frames. So now it's 11 frames & not 9.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Thoughts on the noob variation i havent messed with customs at all so sickle overhead seems trash to me its very slow and sickle snag just replaces one kombo path for another ive always liked down upknee tho

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So they fixed the arc of Cage's forceballs....You guys realize how fast he can throw them right? If they don't whiff on duck blocking females, people are going to go ape shit.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
They did say there will be a fair amount of balance changes with the 3rd Variations so I imagine many will get changes.
Liu had his F4 changed from 9 to 11f startup useable but easier to interrupt.
They said something about Shao but I forget and I'm sure others have changes as well.