What's new

The New Variations/Balance Adjustment Hype and Discussion Thread

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Can someone tell me what they said Jacqui 3rd variation gonna be? They said all the air moves so I am guessing its air enhance shrapnel, air ground pound and bionic bounce?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Sad that none of my characters I play got an overview.. but from what I saw I was really happy with some stuff. Shang Sung, Kitana, Jonny and Kung Loa looked sick as imo. Kitana particularly I think was hella awesome.

Anyone know what the deal with variations and the pro-scene? Are they inta available or are they like a new character and there is a ban on them for a while?

Also the new mode confused me... so each team member fights a separate boss on their own screen but it shares a health bar and "tasks" between all players?

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
If Kabal's Gas Blast doesn't receive any changes, he won't need db3 in Clean Cut for a restand. Gas Blast restands and is +5 on hit and +15 when amplified.
How negative on block is it though? Why was extend hook so much better in the beta? From what I remember i think extended was originally +6 on hit.

E

Eldriken

How negative on block is it though? Why was extend hook so much better in the beta? From what I remember i think extended was originally +6 on hit.
It's punishable af on block. But I don't think it's a move anyone will use unless it's meant to restand their opponent.

Extended Hook is good because it's safe on block due to pushback.

Good: Baraka will have Leg Kabob in his 3rd Variation
Bad: "Chakram" (War Quoit Toss) is gonna get its KB changed most likely so they don't have to reuse Vial of Sorrow

Taking away Vial means you can't set up the KB or fake out the setup and keep them in the Vial's flames. Loses some potential imo.

JeffX

It's punishable af on block. But I don't think it's a move anyone will use unless it's meant to restand their opponent.

Extended Hook is good because it's safe on block due to pushback.
I heard 16bit said he gets the spin too? Which is already a useless move in clean cut. CC has the pushback and MS has the cancels. This already seems like this variation will be less safe.

E

Eldriken

I heard 16bit said he gets the spin too? Which is already a useless move in clean cut. CC has the pushback and MS has the cancels. This already seems like this variation will be less safe.
She may be referring to the other bf2 ability. I think it's called Low Spin. Not a particularly useful move if so.

JeffX

She may be referring to the other bf2 ability. I think it's called Low Spin. Not a particularly useful move if so.
If you know the mid screen optimal for the hook grab, could you post it in the 3rd variation thread? Be super helpful !

if he said said the spin move I hope the frames get looked at

E

Eldriken

if he said said the spin move I hope the frames get looked at
Could be the Low Spin that would replace Low Hook for the bf2 slot.

If she meant Nomad Spin, like you suggested: I hope they look at the frames. That move is dogshit.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Kitana finally in the game so i don't have to touch Highborn again.

Might have to try out Sub to he seems hella interesting now.

Jade got Deadly Ass so now i can map every button on my pad to b2.