What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
This game is definitely pretty much a joke in a lot of ways and Im positive top players feel this way and just don't say it cause they have a vested interest in it financially.
I can confirm. I have DM's with top players I'm on good terms with who say everything but directly saying they hate the game

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If you're not sponsored and esports aren't your job, why do you keep playing something you don't like?

There are plenty of fighting games with tournament support, leagues and so on you can compete in. Shit ain't life or death.

If you don't like this game, play a game that has shit you do like in it. It's not hard. Video games are supposed to be fun and if you're not having fun, what are you even doing?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I can confirm. I have DM's with top players I'm on good terms with who say everything but directly saying they hate the game
Ah yes, the NRS ‘community’. Hated Injustice, hated MKX, hated Injustice 2, now hates MK11. What a surprise.

After watching a certain group of players bash nearly all of these games, I’ve realized that not everybody is going to like any game, period. But it’d be great if people would stop trying to ruin the fun for those who do enjoy and love these games.

Anyone who says they speak for every top player is lying. Doubly so for those who were never intending to compete.

This doesn’t mean that there’s no room for constructive criticism — there should always be a place for it in the community. But we need to learn to do it in a non-destructive way.

Last edited:
This doesn’t mean that there’s no room for constructive criticism — there should always be a place for it in the community. But we need to learn to do it in a non-destructive way.
Well that's the thing. I find, not just in this community but many, many others, that people don't criticize constructively, they whine, complain, and often exaggerate how "bad" and "broken" something is.

Sadly, there doesn't seem much to be done about this, so for me, if someone is looking to throw a tantrum and they're supposed to be an adult, I personally don't care how high level they are, or even how valid and correct their core point is, I just ignore it as the tantrum it is.

Criticizing isn't the problem, it's how people do it today that is.

Your analogy is a fallacy.

Paul B. labels the game "random" and implies that a worse player can beat a better player, of which there is a total of zero examples in offline as well as online tournaments. If someone dislikes the game, just say so. Nobody will criticize you for disliking it, but there is no good reason to make baseless assertions.
Hi Dave.
Honestly, if you are giving leeway to this game at the state that it is right now, you either are playing the devils advocate just to be different and expose a point that is the opposite of the consensus, or you really don't understand neutral and fair mechanics in FG ( which I doubt, I don't think this is the case), or, you are just being sttuborn AF.
In this podcast there were 4 or 5 people who play FG and understand how it works. People who won Evo or at least got top 8 there in the past, and everybody had a similar point of view, and you were the stubborn one.

Give leeway too no anti airs, fuck.neutral moves, exploding shit in your face from far range that cant be punished, moves that according to frame data can be punished but in lracfice aren't, I mean.....just keep being stubborn....we are seeing this.

If you give leeway to this shit you give to everything,

And again, analogy of life: Do you think that life is fair? REALLY? The top 8 of life is consistent. This argument does not make any sense. We are talking about the game.....really talented people among 7 billion in yhe planet appear....but that doea not mean that MVC2 is not a shithole of game regarding balance.
You know what we are talking about here man....

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Ah yes, the NRS ‘community’. Hated Injustice, hated MKX, hated Injustice 2, now hates MK11. What a surprise.

After watching a certain group of players bash nearly all of these games, I’ve realized that not everybody is going to like any game, period. But it’d be great if people would stop trying to ruin the fun for those who do enjoy and love these games.

Anyone who says they speak for every top player is lying. Doubly so for those who were never intend to compete.

For my part I can say I loved MKX and here's why. It didn't take it self super seriously and therefore was a shitload of fun. NRS has poor self esteem and lost self awareness and decided to try and make a "serious" fighting game and sucked the life out of their style of video games to garner respect from the "fighting game purists" who always thought Mortal Kombat was a joke instead of making a game for the people that have always loved MK.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
A minor detail, But Noob is only able to low profile Geras U2 at max d3 range after stance switch. He can in no circumstance low profile FB U2 from Geras with d3 (or anything else for that matter)

DeftMonk

Noob
A minor detail, But Noob is only able to low profile Geras U2 at max d3 range after stance switch. He can in no circumstance low profile FB U2 from Geras with d3 (or anything else for that matter)
what? U saying his hurtbox lowers on d3 only if it’s performed right after a stance switch? This can’t be right bro that’s the most voodoo kakamimi crackhead thing I’ve ever seen in a fighting game if it’s true.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
what? U saying his hurtbox lowers on d3 only if it’s performed right after a stance switch? This can’t be right bro that’s the most voodoo kakamimi crackhead thing I’ve ever seen in a fighting game if it’s true.
I just went straight into practice mode after hearing Tom saying he low profiled. If I hit Geras from max range on P1 side with normal stance, I always get hit with FB U2. If I do it with back turned to the screen, he low profiles at max range. It's... a little weird but I'm pretty sure we have uncovered other stance specific whiffing. Nevertheless, the statement that d3 poke covers all of Geras options is false.

I tested for 5 minutes so it wasnt too extensive, so the stance specific thing hasnt been duplicated that heavily LOL

DeftMonk

Noob
I just went straight into practice mode after hearing Tom saying he low profiled. If I hit Geras from max range on P1 side with normal stance, I always get hit with FB U2. If I do it with back turned to the screen, he low profiles at max range. It's... a little weird but I'm pretty sure we have uncovered other stance specific whiffing. Nevertheless, the statement that d3 poke covers all of Geras options is false.

I tested for 5 minutes so it wasnt too extensive, so the stance specific thing hasnt been duplicated that heavily LOL
So ur saying u have to face a certain direction in relation to him. That’s weird but not as weird as it would be as if that was irrelevant all u need to do is perform a stance switch before ur d3 haha

speed doesnt matter , its part of the mu , some characters has god like FB and some as shit FB its part of their toolset some are anoying to deal with and some are easy to deal with its part of the game. The issue with the one like you said that are fullscreen and fast is that some of them are safe.
you're literally defending the goofy stupidity of nrs supers. that's not ok. I don't even think there are any shit fatal blows.

If you're not sponsored and esports aren't your job, why do you keep playing something you don't like?

There are plenty of fighting games with tournament support, leagues and so on you can compete in. Shit ain't life or death.

If you don't like this game, play a game that has shit you do like in it. It's not hard. Video games are supposed to be fun and if you're not having fun, what are you even doing?
so people who just love mk aren't allowed to want change and see their game be better?

Neeko

Noob
i remember when sfV dropped and all the big Sf pros were getting bopped left and right in that game by no name people. In mk11 the top players are mostly the same from mkx... the issue is not as big as they are making it out to be.
And mkx was even worse of a random ass game. The players who are good at thriving in the randomness are still doing great. Don’t use mkx as an example. Players like Theo who thrive off of patience and fundementals are no where to be seen.

DeftMonk

Noob
And mkx was even worse of a random ass game. The players who are good at thriving in the randomness are still doing great. Don’t use mkx as an example. Players like Theo who thrive off of patience and fundementals are no where to be seen.
MKX pro scene compared to mk9 had a lot of different names. My point is that saying this game is impossible to play competitively and its all rando garb mechanics is obviously a false statement otherwise the top 8 wouldn't always have such familiar names in it. SFV lowered the skill ceiling in a big away thus when the game came out it would often have well known pros getting blown away in pools and no namers in the top 8 regularly. MK11 does have some issues but trying to act like playing this competitively is impossible due to shit mechanics is kind of silly.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
MKX pro scene compared to mk9 had a lot of different names. My point is that saying this game is impossible to play competitively and its all rando garb mechanics is obviously a false statement otherwise the top 8 wouldn't always have such familiar names in it. SFV lowered the skill ceiling in a big away thus when the game came out it would often have well known pros getting blown away in pools and no namers in the top 8 regularly. MK11 does have some issues but trying to act like playing this competitively is impossible due to shit mechanics is kind of silly.
I mean, if people are so convinced this game is "random" and that shit players can so easily beat top players, then they shouldn't have a problem challenging Sonic or Dragon or any of the people who consistently top the tournaments for, like, 50 matches and prove their point, should they?

People don't really see the little things people do on stream. Be it amazing defense, positioning or mind games. To most people it's just strike/throw and every combo a pro does to the viewer is "I can do that combo too, it's easy".

I think that shit is a problem. If somebody can do the fuzzy guard on Erron Black's strings or do an option select that special cancels on hit and does nothing on block, then he put in a massive amount of time into the game and NOBODY is ever gonna notice what kinda sick shit he just did.

That's the problem with removing any skill ceiling from combos. Shit doesn't look hype because everybody can do these shitty combos and both SFV and MK11 both fall into that pit.

All the labwork in this game is on defense or other unhype shit nobody who watches or plays casually pays attention to like covering wakeup options or option selects.

I can appreciate the game but I get why a lotta people don't.

Neeko

Noob
Yeah I don’t agree playin it competitively isnt impossible. we’re on the same page I think there’s some issues but it’s def hyperbole to say it’s useless to even compete