What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

i remember when sfV dropped and all the big Sf pros were getting bopped left and right in that game by no name people. In mk11 the top players are mostly the same from mkx... the issue is not as big as they are making it out to be.
Not a good comparisson, since the players who consider mk11 to be "random", most probably consider mkx to be even more random.

A better comparisson would be about the mk9 top players. You can listen to some of them in this podcast :)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Of course I will let them do whatever they want, who am I?
And see, I am a consumer and I want to have fun playing games. All this talk about community for me is bogus and I don't give even a little tiny glimpse of fuck about that.

And even being a Mk fan, what is wrong has to be sad in order to, people make their judgements and for the next game the marketing team be more clear regarding what the game is about.
I started to have fun with this game when I started playing offline and in some cases in casual mode, because other than that....is spam tea bag kids tea bagging trolling spam spam 50 50 fatal blow plaaa in your face tea bag command grab 50 50 no anti air....it cant be healthy....

Honestly....if a person wants to compete in a game...at least pick one that is fair, or try to. Mk11 is not and it is clear now, seeing jaquis flying screen punch -7 on block, that all the bullshit is on pourpose.
So what is your standard for fair then when it comes to NRS games? Is it Cyrax/Kabal/Kenshi/Sonya MK9? Is it 1-bar armored launchers safe 50/50s that all lead to 30-40% damage MKX?

Where do you draw your line for "fair"? I'm genuinely curious.

OMG let people compete on whatever the fuck they want to compete wtf is this nonsense
Jesus, I answered that in the same reply that you read and copied.
If people want to compete in who shits more in a weekend, or who has the biggest armpit....do whatever you fucking want. But that does not mean that this is not a waste of time.....for some. It is just an opinion. Just an opinion.

So what is your standard for fair then when it comes to NRS games? Is it Cyrax/Kabal/Kenshi/Sonya MK9? Is it 1-bar armored launchers safe 50/50s that all lead to 30-40% damage MKX?

Where do you draw your line for "fair"? I'm genuinely curious.
This is all addressed in the podcast. But answering you:

• Balancing the risk / reward, because right now mk11 is an orgy party.
  • Fixing the punishes and frame data
  • Correcting the hitboxes problems
  • ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS. A fighting game that promotes jump like mk11 and don't give you anti airs to counter that IS BULLSHIT. What I have to do now? I HAVE TO FLAWLESS BLOCK A RANDOM JUMP? Come on man....
  • Random fatal blows fast as fuck only the demon can react to that, an any idiot can press l2 r2 randomly
  • 50 50s on zoning, grabs, pressure....
Just a few...there is more....

This is all addressed in the podcast. But answering you:

• Balancing the risk / reward, because right now mk11 is an orgy party.
  • Fixing the punishes and frame data
  • Correcting the hitboxes problems
  • ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS ANTI AIRS. A fighting game that promotes jump like mk11 and don't give you anti airs to counter that IS BULLSHIT. What I have to do now? I HAVE TO FLAWLESS BLOCK A RANDOM JUMP? Come on man....
  • Random fatal blows fast as fuck only the demon can react to that, an any idiot can press l2 r2 randomly
  • 50 50s on zoning, grabs, pressure....
Just a few...there is more....

well i disagree with some of your points but its also my opinion

50/50s are necessary in fighting games or els the game will be very fkn boring. nobody wants to play a game that you can react to everything and block everything.

for the random fatal blows they needs to be checked at but more on the punish side example noobsaibot and kabal fb been safe ? the speed of the fb doesnt really matter its ok its a comeback mechanic but having armor and been safe is what the issue is imo.

hitbox,anti airs and punishing that i agree. its not normal that you cant punish a -10 with a 9f after getting out of block. in KI,MC2 and even SC i can 100% punish everything without effort.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The idea this is a neutral and footsie heavy game is a joke when the risk reward on the fuck neutral tools is not in line with what they offer on top of the oppressive set play this game has.
The footsies tools with the best risk versus reward ratio are very strong while the footsies tools with the worst risk versus reward ratio are very weak. Shocking revelation! So Mortal Kombat 11 plays like every other fighting game ever created on planet earth.

I understand people like you want to define the word "footsies" to fit their agenda and discredit the game every chance they get, but can you at least try to make a little bit of sense please?

bunch of washups bitch about how their music is better than the kids music.
I suggest you listen to the podcast before you post such a statement. I criticize Mortal Kombat 11 fairly, namely the inconsistent hitboxes, but I largely support the game. I also criticize the people who would like Mortal Kombat 11 to play like Mortal Kombat 9, a game in which I placed top 8 at EVO.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Best part about the podcast is that they all agreed that the mindgame of walkup 50-50 throw/fast mid and the fuk neutral tools, are what make the top tier in this game.

Which clearly means anyone saying Cage is top 3 is a clueless tool, since he has neither.

Best part about the podcast is that they all agreed that the mindgame of walkup 50-50 throw/fast mid and the fuk neutral tools, are what make the top tier in this game.

Which clearly means anyone saying Cage is top 3 is a clueless tool, since he has neither.
no but he has other broken mechanics that makes him broken. they listed those in the podcast.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
We have by far the best footsie oriented game up to date!

Those guys are delusional. I have complete trust in Boon, Paulo & his team.

well i disagree with some of your points but its also my opinion

50/50s are necessary in fighting games or els the game will be very fkn boring. nobody wants to play a game that you can react to everything and block everything.

for the random fatal blows they needs to be checked at but more on the punish side example noobsaibot and kabal fb been safe ? the speed of the fb doesnt really matter its ok its a comeback mechanic but having armor and been safe is what the issue is imo.

hitbox,anti airs and punishing that i agree. its not normal that you cant punish a -10 with a 9f after getting out of block. in KI,MC2 and even SC i can 100% punish everything without effort.
the speed of fatal blows matter in certain situations when you're eating fast full screen/half screen supers. also supers in most fighters tend to have some sort of screen freeze

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Fix hitbox inconsistency, and either nerf jump-ins, or buff anti-airs, and then I think we got this in a really great place. I think it's even OK as is, but it's not far from being truly excellent.

Poor developer decisions + poor writers + MK community bashing criticism hurt the series alot on long terms. MK has so much potential if it was in better hands.

Bad writing damages the fans and Gameplay issues damages competetive players. I hope some will change for MK's future.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Imo AA's are good in this game, at least for the majority of the cast.

Regarding KBs and FBs they reaaaaaally need to tone down the dmg they do.

Risk/reward in this game needs to be adjusted for sure.

D2s need to be full combo punishable, period. The reward is super insane.

Throws are way too strong in this game. 50/50 throws in a game which does not allow you to break them while blocking, is stupid. Been saying this since day 1.
Dave you cannot react to 10f throws, you can only make a read.

Geras is well, Geras. Still stupid and still stupidly easy to learn.

I really believe that this game was built for casuals and the random factor is highly favorable towards the more casual player than the player who spends time learning the game. Agree with Paul here.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Regarding KBs and FBs they reaaaaaally need to tone down the dmg they do.
I have a strong suspicion that MKXL is a idea they will be expanding on for MK11. What I mean is MKXL brought in radical gameplay changes effecting how basic things like wake ups ,breaks and meter worked.

I think this is how MK11 is going to try and get longevity... eacg "season" will have its own season pass kmobat pack of new DLC AND contain radical gameplay changes.

This is just a hunch.. but I would bet cash on it, and I suspect FB will be changed during this update.

Slymind

Noob
Throws must be toned down, fatal blows once used should go away forever, krushing blows less about damage, more about setups. This is all i want for the most part.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
90% of this forum shits on mk11 wtf are you talking about
Yeah I have no idea, most of the people getting bashed by the bandwagon since release are posters who dare to say positive things about the game.

It’s only been a recent trend that more people are supporting the game (or at least voicing criticism constructively) rather than mostly crying about it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave you cannot react to 10f throws, you can only make a read.
You can, but you cannot react to auto-shimmy strings because the start up looks like a throw animation or to forward and back throw respectively for obvious reasons.

Throws are powerful yet balanced considering krushing blow d+2s are every character's most damaging launchers, which also lead to massive unbreakable damage with fatal blows. So even if you are comfortably sitting at 45% life, whiffing a throw will kill you.

I really believe that this game was built for casuals and the random factor is highly favorable towards the more casual player than the player who spends time learning the game. Agree with Paul here.
Claiming that the game was designed in a way to attract casual gamers is most definitely a legitimate criticism, but claiming that the game is random is nonsense. There is no evidence in the competitive scene to support this claim. Tournament results are stable and consistent. The better player, including the player who puts in the time and work, always wins. Players may lose to certain match ups and variations due to unfamiliarity, but this has absolutely nothing to do with randomness and is no different from any other fighting game.

Some of the game's gameplay aspects can be criticized fairly such as the inconsistent hitboxes, the armor on fatal blows, and the variation system, which NRS may actually pay attention to. Making up stuff about the game just because you dislike it serves no purpose and accomplishes nothing.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can, but you cannot react to auto-shimmy strings because the start up looks like a throw animation or to forward and back throw respectively for obvious reasons.

Throws are powerful yet balanced considering krushing blow d+2s are every character's most damaging launchers, which also lead to massive unbreakable damage with fatal blows. So even if you are comfortably sitting at 45% life, whiffing a throw will kill you.

Claiming that the game was designed in a way to attract casual gamers is most definitely a legitimate criticism, but claiming that the game is random is nonsense. There is no evidence in the competitive scene to support this claim. Tournament results are stable and consistent. The better player, including the player who puts in the time and work, always wins. Players may lose to certain match ups and variations due to unfamiliarity, but this has absolutely nothing to do with randomness and is no different from any other fighting game.

Some of the game's gameplay aspects can be criticized fairly such as the inconsistent hitboxes, the armor on fatal blows, and the variation system, which NRS may actually pay attention to. Making up stuff about the game just because you dislike it serves no purpose and accomplishes nothing.
I literally couldn't believe how noone could understand what you meant in the podcast, not even you did actually.

You don't react to the throws startup, you react in the amount of frames you get to tech it after it's already grabbed you. Which are 16 IIRC? Dizzy would know, I know it's in the low 20s total duration.

Last edited: