What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters
What i meant is some require lifting your finger off the button as quickly as possible and some moves need you to hold it in. Examples include kit's air fan (quick release of last button pushed) and fkn takeda's slash assault which needs you to hold the square button down. Ofcourse the slightest lag fucks this all up.

bought mkx and upgraded my old 12 euro lynksys controller with a dualshock 4 controller.

only 1 week and the block buttom not release anymore .... ive bought a lot of crappy china products in my live like mouses from the company razer which i gave back every half year.

but only 5 days to get the dualshock broken , hope this was a production issiue , not want to go to the store every week for a new controller

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I have buttom stuck one 4 tree days in a flannel t shirt wiped off to get work now... In China they small n make buytoms too big for them to not broken...
Is duals hanks comtroller not so bad as the China one... This one was Japan they have a big shit to rocket off...
Tweezers can fix this one thought with brushes of gamma ray

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
when playing earlier today my R2 button broke. Its now wonky and doesn't release. After looking into it, this has happened to many people (some having them replaced 6 times!) the hinge for the R2 button is made of plastic unlike the dualshock 3 which uses a metal bar.....cheers Sony.
if your a PS4 pad payer then be wary as this is probably the most R2 intensive game. im considering changing block to R1 from now on.
i hope you guys dont have the same problem i have!

if you do have this problem and are no longer covered by warranty there are plenty of spare parts on ebay, although itl likely happen again at some point. if you're good with your hands and got the tools you can drill a small hole in the exiting hinge and place a metal rod inside for a permanent fix

Last edited:

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm wondering how people break their controllers so fast.
Like, do you people use excessive force on it?
I extensively used my triggers in other games (Like DBXV) with no issues.

Same thing with the rubbers, for some people they have been breaking off after like a week or 2.
I had my 2 controllers since the PS4 launch and only very recently have they started showing wear and tear (the analog sticks that is).
While they have been in almost daily use.

Like, what the hell are people doing to break their controllers?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
happened to me when I first removed the battery from the controller. then just re "sit" the plastic back. but you're right it might wear out soon.
madcatz so slow with their ps4 sd pad.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Yea happened to me too, the block button is stuck and I can't unblock half the time or block when I need to

I got GUMMO ps2 converter in the mail yesterday and it doesn't work

Instead of "who's next" for me it's "what's next?"
What part of it did not work? Can you open it up and take a picture.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yea happened to me too, the block button is stuck and I can't unblock half the time or block when I need to

I got GUMMO ps2 converter in the mail yesterday and it doesn't work

Instead of "who's next" for me it's "what's next?"
Are there any reputably decent PS2 converters on the market? It's the one medium of pad I'm 100% most comfortable on and I'd really rather keep at it if it's at all possible...my left thumb is a flailing little bastard and every time I use a PS4 pad I'm worried I'm gonna nudge a stick and screw up an input or accidentally turn the menu button on.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I've never used the R2 for blocking. I've always re-mapped block to R1 and throw to R2 from PS2-PS3-PS4. Whew.

Still waiting for a PS4 version of this. Most random purchase I ever made but it was perfect for MK9 on 360.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What part of it did not work? Can you open it up and take a picture.
I received it in the mail yesterday, I tried it before the local yesterday and was very disappointed it did not work.

I turned on my ps 4, plugged in ps2 pad to converter into the system and it asked me to press the home button. I pressed start and select together and nothing, I pressed start then select....nothing, I reverses and did select then start....nothing. I tried pressing at same time and holding ...nothing. The pad shows power but I tried every combination of button pressing and holding and could not get past the "press home button to activate controller" screen

So goes without saying I was extremely discouraged, I asked GUMMO could it just be a bad converter or defected and he asked me to plug into a PC and see if
It registers as having 14 buttons and seeing if 9 lights up as start and 10 as select

I didn't have time at the moment to try all this and will later today,
I'm not sure how to get a screen on my PC to see what he's asking for but hopefully I'll figure it out

Between controllers, converters, and etc I've had an utmost unenjoyable experience trying to start out in MKx

Having one thing go correctly on the first try would he greatly appreciated soon

I always used R1 for block and R2 for throw no problem yet My PS 3 controllers has thumb nail cuts on them,I have not noticed this on my PS 4 controller yet because the inputs have to be exactly right in MKX.I love MKX ,but man your inputs have be spot on get anything come out.