What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Back forward motions are fine, but I keep getting neutral jumps instead of a forward or backward jump. So yeah, I'm having problems with it too, but I don't think it's THAT bad.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Via the chip he puts in the converter ?
Gummo builds his convertors like I described above. He does not install an authentication chip, the authentication chip comes preinstalled in the ps4 controller he will use as the common ground ps4 pcb. You don't get lockout because you are piggybacking onto a ps4 controller pcb.

Think of your input chain as follows: ps2 pad -> decoder -> ps4 pad -> ps4. The [Decoder -> ps4 pad] is the converter you purchasing. Your ps2 commands get decoded by the decoder and sent to the ps4 controller that then sends the signal to your ps4. You are shuttling commands to the ps4 controller that is sending them to your ps4. The ps4 controller pcb comes from an officially licensed ps4 pad. All officially licensed pads have a bluetooth chip on them that communicates authentication protocols to the ps4. You don't get lockout because your are communicating to the ps4 with a ps4 pad. Long story short, you are communication with the ps4 with a ps4 pad directly; this a hardware based solution to conversion.

The titan one convertor bypasses the ps4 pad, its chain is as follows: 360/ps3 pad -> titan one decoder -> ps4. The titan one decoder is not an officially licensed product by sony so it does not have the bluetooth authentication chips on board. When the ps4 ask for authentication and does not receive a response from the controller it locks out. In this case you are communicating to the ps4 via the titan one; this is a software bases solution to conversion.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
BF motions are not Pad related. That is a problem with the way MKX reads the inputs of BF... as a fellow Kenshi main and a Kabal user in MK9 I have been doing BF forever and NEVER had this many issues with BF... NEVER.

Also as for your concerns with the 6 button layout, therr are still bumpers for R1 L1 R2 L2. The 5th and 6th buttons are there if you play claw or like it is a stick.

The buttons are big as fuck and make pianoing waaay easier. The Pad on the Hori is fucking amazing.
Mine's in the mail, hope it's as good as advertised!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I would like to thank the guys at HORI for making my life easier because I don't think I can play Goro without it because you have to do DBF inputs which are much worse than BF
so it isn't just me??

jesus i could dbf with shazam on my 360 for days, I get down pokes w/ kano and goro almost every time in mkx. I thought I just sucked worse than I remembered

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I don't have a problem with BF inputs, but I do have a problem jumping in, they come out as neutral jumps a lot.

Pisses me off, but I have no alternative. Horis aren't sold in India, although, I might be able to get an FC4 from Canada via my cousin.

I actually have problems B F for a brief moment. At first I questioned myself like you did.

I was trying to electric fly out of the B3,2 of raiden's Thunder god variation. and it wouldn't come out. So I questioned my timing, then I realized that it just didn't come out and I got bodied when I tried to MB through projectiles with electric fly.

I went into training mode, and realized using my muscle memory from MK9. If you even barely push it at an angle, it'll give me the crouch back command omw to forward somehow. So I just corrected it by properly lifting my thumb, and hitting back forward, and only tapping those directions. I'm just simply not allowed to do it lazily like I had in the PS3 era. Frankly my complaints about Xbox360 Dpad, are hitting me on the PS4 controller.

this is just my experience, not sure if I'm just crazy. I'm doing ok with it now, it just took some adjusting.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Yes yes yes yes and motherfucking goddamn yes. The Xbox One pad is soooooooo much better than the PS4 pads. BUT the tournament I was at yesterday had PS4 pads and I was scared I'd have to play on that trash but the ones that were there were different, they were better which was surprising and a good thing.
I think we just have to break it in. BUT BUT BUT, the design of the ps4 pad makes my left middle finger hurt, and I actually have a callouses on the right side of my middle finger due to the trigger hump, it really puts pressure on my middle finger.
It sucks.
I'm the same, I have a what I can only assume is now a rash on my middle finger in between my index and middle fingers :( who allows a controller that does that to be made?!

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
I've been playing strictly on an Xbone pad out of necessity and while I find it fine for most everything, B-F's give me a lot of trouble in combos. I can do them fine facing either way out side of a combo, but as soon as I need to cancel a string into one it becomes a problem. I think it has to do with the input window for them; I swear it's more strict when trying to cancel a move into one.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had the same issue with jumping up instead of back/forward... was making me angry for sure. But now I am getting more used to it and the controller is more broken in and I haven't had much of these issues with it anymore.

PS4 pad is great IMO... too bad they don't supply an official WIRED VERSION fml...

You know I find it weird with the DS4. I have 3 controllers, 2 of which I can play any game whether it be GG:XRD or MKX and have my execution is not hindered. Yet the 3rd one's dpad is a little more stiff than the other two. On this third controller I cannot do any command grab consistantly the dbf rotation or in GGXRD the F,D,B,F rotation always drops. So Im not sure if there is a standard deviation on stiffness of the average DS4's dpad, but sometimes its the dream and I'd have it no other way. but on someone elses its like my hands are slowly catching the Sonyfied AIDS virus.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Honestly, i've never had this problem with the DS4. It's a perfect controller imo. It always reads the correct inputs for me.

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
Yeah I have to agree with you @Pig Of The Hut. It's funny I always preferred DS over XB except now. I find it easier to do bf motions on the Xbone controller vs the DS4. Not to mention the DS4 gets kinda painful after a while

ruff321

Noob
so it isn't just me??

jesus i could dbf with shazam on my 360 for days, I get down pokes w/ kano and goro almost every time in mkx. I thought I just sucked worse than I remembered
Def not just you it took me days to get used to the command grabs MKX is just unforgiving with these types of inputs.

Matix218

Get over here!
Its just a matter of getting used to it IMO. It seems like a good pad to me. I like ps2 and ps3 pad better but it may only be because im used to it. I did have issues with some accidental neutral jumps when intending to jump forward at first but not anymore. Also I play inferno scorp and his spear and takedown are bf inputs and I never had any problems with it.

For what its worth I use a TE2 stick (all sanwa parts) and have experienced similar issues. My theory is that the game has really strict inputs and the PS4 pad is exacerbating the issue for you since it's an uncomfortable pad for you to begin with.

Leading up to MKX All I heard about was how amazing this ps4 is, well I tried it and became to question my hands.

I'm 33 years old, been playing fighting games since I was 10 and not ever, not even the xbox 360 pad, the 3d0 pad for way of the warrior, any arcade stick have I ever NEUTRAL/BACK/FORWARD jumped so much in my life when attempting to do a back forward 2 input or motion.

This has gotten so absurd that ,like I've responded to many of u asking me for game on ps4, I don't even wanna turn the system on because it's a waste of time till I get a ps2 pad converter or an actual d pad that isn't complete trash.

I'm making this thread to complain and express my displeasure in this trash pad but also to give others a place to feel at peace who are asking themselves "is it me, am I this terrible at a fighting game, why can't I do simple inputs" peace they deserve

I'm here to tell you it's not you at all, Infact it's the gnomes who work at Sony who designed this pad for shinnok's Bone hands rather than grown young men and women or adults w normal sized thumbs and arcs on their hand.

If u love this pad and it works well for you let me know too, if you hate this pad as much as I do express it here.

Now with every rant I always like to have a suggestion locked in. I've been waiting on GUMMO for 2 months for a converter and he says this week he will be able to make it, but I'm willing to paypal immediately anyone any amount if they can guarantee me a lag less ps2 converter shipped to me today. Plz for the love of god help me before I throw this ps4 pad outside a window hitting a small car, maybe a smart car/Prius model, driven by a person w small hands (possibly a leprechaun) who may be able to take this pad off my hands and forget about the dmg I caused on her car.

@chemist4hire i hear you're a smart man, are you able to help or know who can?

Whoever wants to get into the business of making these new converters for people like me I'll advertise the ever living crap out of you on every social media site I use to give u business.

So who all is having similar problems w this stupid ps4?

I have zero plans to enter locals w this turd or if I do enter it won't be w my main until I can play w him how I need to be able to w a pad that works.

Today I need to find a character w no BF motions FML

-rant off
Try going to your local and didn't realize it was ps4 and having to use a ps4 pad for the first time.