What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters
Wow Im am so glad im not the only one having this issue.I cant even get wake up dash punch come out 1 out 10 times.Yeah time see if I can find new pad.

I posted these threads about sucking at MKX everyone like Ah give it time your learning a new game.I glad im not only one having problems.These PS4 controllers suck give my PS3 controller back.

IROC

WP IROC
When i went to the midnight release at game stop, they only had mkx playing the ps4. I cringed trying to play with that pad. While in my mind, i was laughing my ass off to the people who preordered for ps4. The xb1 pad still sucks, but as pig mentioned, its wayy better than the ps4 pad. My 360 has the best dpad mod ever, and im actually waiting for the cronusmax to land in my mail box next week :)

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I'm using a PS3 controller on PC, I'm having issues described here, though it worked fine with MK9. Seems MKX is a lot less forgiving. Plus the fact I can't get used to run...

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
I was 27 when I first touched dpad, keyboard and mouse were my "sword and shield". That is why I use hitbox.

The best advise I can give is don't switch to stick or hitbox if you perfectly comfortable with dpad. Just find a right connector for ps2 pad.

The Duke

SCF The Duke
I finally played the PS4 for the first time today (MKX) and I gotta say, it's 10x worse than the PS3 pad.

The thing I hate the most: The void in the center the pad. It's deeper on the PS4, which is even more hell if you're trying to do a back+forward move.
As @Pig Of The Hut said, the Xbox One pad is a dream compared to the PS4 one. '

The only pad I wish to have is a circular one, like the gdlk original Xbox Controller S pad.

PS3 pad > PS4 pad.
Offline, combos are a lot easier to perform in MKX. Online.... good luck.
Now using the analog is good, but I don't want to spend weeks getting used to it. D-pad should work properly.
If the d-pad does work right, then the issue has to be one of 2 things...
1) I'm inputting the instructions too quickly.
2) I'm keeping the buttons pressed down too long.

So, since I main Kitana, I tried quick, precise inputs for the air fan, (making sure to let go of the button when I'm finished... D, F, x button).
When it works, the only way it does is in a combo when I either win an air battle, or do a DEEP, jump kick to a player on the ground. If you do a regular jump kick with Kitana and attempt a fan throw the flipping thing goes right over the head of your opponent.

I've almost given up on the other fighters, just so I can understand how to make ONE character and ONE style work consistently.

I don't know. It's very frustrating. I'll keep practicing.
I've seen some crazy combos online with Raiden, (35-45%), so some people are making things happen...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Real men play on stick.

But seriously....people have raved about the PS pads for years and I never understood it. It feels fucking awful in my hands and I cramp up after just a short time playing. I've yet to find a pad I can play fighters on (aside from the old Sega Genesis 6 button pad).

Sasuga

Noob
And I was even planning on getting a ps4 pad to use with my cronusmax on xbone. Glad I didn't end up doing it.

The xbone pad isn't great but I'm not having big issues with it. It's a whole lot better than stick for this game too.

Side question: does anybody have a way to use hitbox (unmodded) on Xbone? I have two kinds of etokki converters (for 36o and ps3) and neither works with the cronusmax converter. So if anyone knows if there is a converter that handles the Cthulu board, some info on it would be greatly appreciated!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
@Pig Of The Hut I dunno how I never saw this thread but I'm right with you. I hated the PS4 pad because of BF inputs ever since I tried it on INJ among other issues but BF inputs being the main one.

I got the MKX PDP pad and although I found I could do BF inputs slightly better with it, it still wasn't near my satisfaction. Not only that, but the pad itself was faulty after 1 day and PDP customer support is ass so NO ONE buy a PDP MKX pad please. You've been warned.

I ended up using D'Vorah because she doesn't have any BF inputs so I can actually play the game and fight my opponent as opposed to fighting my controller. And now D'Vorah has really grown on me so I guess it was for the best...? Lol

Shady

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut right there with you man. Like I've said in the other thread, I've mained Kabal through MK9, so you can imagine the BF input was probably my most used one (aside from iAGB). On PS4 however, it is ridiculously hard to get it consistently. The normal practice of "sliding" across has failed me numerous times and I still get the jumping input more often than not.

I am not sure what exactly the issue is with the bad, maybe it's how the D-Pad directionals are connected, but it does ruin the game when you have to worry as much about your input coming out just like you're inputting it at the same time as worrying about your opponent. I've actually lost some matches because EX Guns didn't come out to chip somebody out. You almost have to press each button lifting your thumb, which in competitive play can cost you a match (that split second).

If you get your hands on a lagless PS2 pad converter let me know. I am willing to pay absurd sums to have one.

Basically, because of the ps4 pad, I've had to have back-up plans for my opponent's changing strategies and back-up plans for moves not being executed correctly by myself. Because of this, I've settled for uppercuts when I could have probably gotten a 5-6 hit combo.

Getting used to mkx. Despite optimum controller settings, some moves require absolute precision, wheras others need you to hold in the last button pressed. Controller is still garbage though. And i'm sick of my uppercuts going straight through my enemy when they should have clearly hit him. But._... I guess that's online gaming. When it happened, half the room left. Including me.