What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Leading up to MKX All I heard about was how amazing this ps4 is, well I tried it and became to question my hands.

I'm 33 years old, been playing fighting games since I was 10 and not ever, not even the xbox 360 pad, the 3d0 pad for way of the warrior, any arcade stick have I ever NEUTRAL/BACK/FORWARD jumped so much in my life when attempting to do a back forward 2 input or motion.

This has gotten so absurd that ,like I've responded to many of u asking me for game on ps4, I don't even wanna turn the system on because it's a waste of time till I get a ps2 pad converter or an actual d pad that isn't complete trash.

I'm making this thread to complain and express my displeasure in this trash pad but also to give others a place to feel at peace who are asking themselves "is it me, am I this terrible at a fighting game, why can't I do simple inputs" peace they deserve

I'm here to tell you it's not you at all, Infact it's the gnomes who work at Sony who designed this pad for shinnok's Bone hands rather than grown young men and women or adults w normal sized thumbs and arcs on their hand.

If u love this pad and it works well for you let me know too, if you hate this pad as much as I do express it here.

Now with every rant I always like to have a suggestion locked in. I've been waiting on GUMMO for 2 months for a converter and he says this week he will be able to make it, but I'm willing to paypal immediately anyone any amount if they can guarantee me a lag less ps2 converter shipped to me today. Plz for the love of god help me before I throw this ps4 pad outside a window hitting a small car, maybe a smart car/Prius model, driven by a person w small hands (possibly a leprechaun) who may be able to take this pad off my hands and forget about the dmg I caused on her car.

@chemist4hire i hear you're a smart man, are you able to help or know who can?

Whoever wants to get into the business of making these new converters for people like me I'll advertise the ever living crap out of you on every social media site I use to give u business.

So who all is having similar problems w this stupid ps4?

I have zero plans to enter locals w this turd or if I do enter it won't be w my main until I can play w him how I need to be able to w a pad that works.

Today I need to find a character w no BF motions FML

-rant off

This was a problem for me when I switched to PS4 for Injustice. I ended up changing how I held my thumb on the d-pad from kinda laying it over the buttons to more on the tip of the thumb.

It helped me anyway but as soon as converters become available I'm still getting one just because PS2 d-pad is perfect in design.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So I used a PS3 dualshock on PS3 MK9/Injustice, and a PS2 pad w/ Ektokki on X360.

I love both those pads to death, but so far the DS4 pad is better than both.

In IGAU I made the switch to inputting bf motions like strings, and I haven't looked back. Instead of sliding my thumb across the directions, I just tap back, forward really fast like a combo and then hit the attack button.

Doing this has put my bf accuracy at maybe 97% now on DS4, and I'd highly encourage any pad player who is struggling with bf motions to start doing it this way.

I had some problems with the pad with back forwas motions as well. Still do actually. You have to do the inputs seperately instead of in one motion. Takes time to get used to it.

SGX

Noob
Since MKX supports PS3 pads, have you tried using a PS2 controller with an Inpin converter?

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I've had no problems with the ps4 pad. I adapted to it with injustice but I don't recall having the bf2 problem even then. I had to change my inputs from sliding my thumb to tapping on ps3 when I picked up kabal in mk9 so maybe that helped idk. You could have a defunct ps4 pad

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Lol that's some funny shit man, but to answer your question, I play on PS4 also and so far haven't experienced this issue. I play Raiden, obviously, and of course BF3 is the input for his Electric Fly. A few times I've seen the issue where the move won't come out unless I mash on the 3 hardcode (same issue as in MK9 and Injustice, btw), but I haven't had a problem with random jumps.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
i was stunned to find out the same (ps4 bumpers are hot garbage) ... as a mostly xbox player in the past I learned to live with their pads and got comfy with them.. Everyone raved about the ps3 and ps4 pads and I never quite felt that it was "better"...

In conclusion the ps4 pad is HORRIBLE and I agree the x1 pad is actually a lot better... Chris G agree btw

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
So I used a PS3 dualshock on PS3 MK9/Injustice, and a PS2 pad w/ Ektokki on X360.

I love both those pads to death, but so far the DS4 pad is better than both.

In IGAU I made the switch to inputting bf motions like strings, and I haven't looked back. Instead of sliding my thumb across the directions, I just tap back, forward really fast like a combo and then hit the attack button.

Doing this has put my bf accuracy at maybe 97% now on DS4, and I'd highly encourage any pad player who is struggling with bf motions to start doing it this way.
Yea, same here. That's how I've always done it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I am really particular about pads, and I do like the DS4 with some slight issues. Overall I feel it is a really good pad, but I do get more neutral jumps that come out when I try to jump diagonally over my ps3 pad (preferred option).

The annoying thing is that I am trying to get used to the DS4 so I am probably going to use it on the PC as well....However.. it is going to be really hard not to take the option to use the PS3 pad on the PC since I have it available and really do like it better for fighting games. I had the same issue with Injustice on PS4 and it was the reason I didn't play it as much.