What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Can someone look up and tell me the frame data for a couple things? B12 in piercing is what, 10 frame start up I believe? can someone confirm?

Also what is the hit advantage on low sai in piercing? If it's plus anything, awesome. Also what is low sai on block?

cuz B12 low sai, B12 low sai, B12 oops lol EX roll.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Can someone look up and tell me the frame data for a couple things? B12 in piercing is what, 10 frame start up I believe? can someone confirm?

Also what is the hit advantage on low sai in piercing? If it's plus anything, awesome. Also what is low sai on block?

cuz B12 low sai, B12 low sai, B12 oops lol EX roll.
Low Sai is -8 on hit point blank. Don't even try it on block. Ex-Low Sai is plus +3 on hit but pushes you back. Don't even try it on block.

B1 is 10 frames. Subzero's standing 2 is -12. Since there are no frame perfect punishes in this game, you have to punish on the eleventh frame. Add an additional frame to get out of block and you have an 11 frame punish.

Last edited:
The more I play her, the more I realize how bad she is. Her only viable string is b12. 21 and b21 are also okay but they should have a faster startup.
I'll see what I can come up with Ethereal. She might stand a chance if we cancel her strings into vanish, not sure yet
Agreed, I went to casuals with KH yesterday and just asked their opinion of Mileena and the majority said she was really bad or high risk high reward, however i explained how other characters w/o risk get the same meterless reward. I don't have any social media to explain these things to NRS. Her lack of a faster overhead is killing her. U4 out of string at say 18 frames would be enough just to keep defense honest. The more I think about low roll being broken, it would not be. Only in ravenous, so in ravenous make it mid. Right now you just have to low block nearly everything anyway. You only have to stand to block jump ins, f3, 2 1 u4, and ex overhead. In ravenous she has an overhead that creates mix ups and is her only mix up stance yet it will get blown up if blocked.

Also Ethereal is just a worthless stance all together as I use it to keep her strings safe, but many characters can still use a reversal attack to blow it up. The teleport can be hit or grabbed and the MB just makes her glow for a second and get the same result. How do we make NRS aware or these things? I know some people are sending them info for the upcoming patches. Has anyone tried to tweet them these things? MB Ethereal and getting grabbed out of ethereal should be classified as a bug IMO. She needs some work or she will be bottom 3 in this game.

Low Sai is -8 on hit point blank. Don't even try it on block. Ex-Low Sai is plus +3 on hit but pushes you back. Don't even try it on block.

B1 is 10 There's s. Subzero's standing 2 is -12. Since there are no frame perfect punishes in this game, you have to punish on the eleventh frame. Add an additional frame to get out of block and you have an 11 frame punish.
-8 on hit huh... ouch. Welp, so much for that idea. Ill stick to hit confirming b12 and using it to wiff punish.

A note about f3. I posted this awhile back, and yeah, we all know how slow it is. There is nothing illegal about setting it up by using the frame advantage of a landed normal. Like if you screw up a hit confirm, or just opt not to take immediate combo damage to set it up.

Yeah. Im trying to find uses for it. But i cant. Lol

Rodrigue

Spongerod
-8 on hit huh... ouch. Welp, so much for that idea. Ill stick to hit confirming b12 and using it to wiff punish.

A note about f3. I posted this awhile back, and yeah, we all know how slow it is. There is nothing illegal about setting it up by using the frame advantage of a landed normal. Like if you screw up a hit confirm, or just opt not to take immediate combo damage to set it up.

Yeah. Im trying to find uses for it. But i cant. Lol
F3 is absolutely useless against a good opponent. It's even slower than Batman's f3 lol. The only way for it to maybe work is on knockdown. I think it crosses up in the corner but if you continue the whole string afterwards, it'll whiff so bad lol
A roll might connect after a cross up f3 but not sure yet

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
F3 is absolutely useless against a good opponent. It's even slower than Batman's f3 lol. The only way for it to maybe work is on knockdown. I think it crosses up in the corner but if you continue the whole string afterwards, it'll whiff so bad lol
A roll might connect after a cross up f3 but not sure yet
F3 does cross up in the corner and continuing the string will bring you a world of pain. Very recently I have been adopting @Mr. Mileena's use of F3. Maybe only once in a match I would run up and do a F3 from max distance and so far it has been working. Whether its sustainable in the future I'm not sure (I doubt it will) but so far as a one hit wonder in a match its been paying off.

nahoYi

Noob
there is zero reason not to stand after blocking f4, no double lows like mk9.
not much of a mixup up, more yolo....like anytime she presses at button :/
Yes, if you know what is coming then there is no reason to not stand... In footsies though, who can react to being hit by F+4 so quickly? Either you got hit low and ate a combo already or you will probably eat the mix up.

She does have to take risk, but I wouldn't call it yolo if you are making educated risk based on your opponent's flow. That is a little extreme.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
She does have to take risk, but I wouldn't call it yolo if you are making educated risk based on your opponent's flow. That is a little extreme.
ANYTHING to do with what do can do off f4 is a full combo punish so dont think saying that is extereme at all.

if you hit someone with a f4 in footsies that has nothing to do with the normal having decent mixups off it or not.

nahoYi

Noob
ANYTHING to do with what do can do off f4 is a full combo punish so dont think saying that is extereme at all.

if you hit someone with a f4 in footsies that has nothing to do with the normal having decent mixups off it or not.
F+4 hits has the same range as B+1. It is slower but goes under highs, if that is what you opponent is using that mid/close range. You have an instant mixup (pushing the limits of human reaction) if you cancel it into ex overhead. That is all there is too it. Is it punishable? Yes. Should you abuse it? No. Should it be an option? For me yes and anyone who wants to get damage, because in today's meta it is borderline 100% success rate.

1man3letters

F+4 hits has the same range as B+1. It is slower but goes under highs, if that is what you opponent is using that mid/close range. You have an instant mixup (pushing the limits of human reaction) if you cancel it into ex overhead. That is all there is too it. Is it punishable? Yes. Should you abuse it? No. Should it be an option? For me yes and anyone who wants to get damage, because in today's meta it is borderline 100% success rate.
re-read my post because i dont think you understand.
after f4 there is 0% reason in any days meta game to not stand up, if there limited human reactions let them block the f4 then they can stand up after it. there is no mix up, even if you try work in low sai, thats death on block and minus frames on hit where you'll have to hold a poke/blockstring

using f4 in footsies to try catch someone is very very different than putting your opponent in a "instant mixup" as you suggest

nahoYi

Noob
using f4 in footsies to try catch someone is very very different than putting your opponent in a "instant mixup" as you suggest
But I was ONLY talking about footsies. In footsies, whether your opponent gets hit low, is momentarily blocking low, or gets counter attacked, F+4 into ex overhead works.

1man3letters

But I was ONLY talking about footsies. In footsies, whether your opponent gets hit low, is momentarily blocking low, or gets counter attacked, F+4 into ex overhead works.
thats a combo not a mixup,
you stated putting them in a instant mixup, sorry for the misunderstanding

1man3letters

My god... If they are blocking low at the time then it is a mixup. And they won't be able to react to it.
no its not, because if they block the f4 there is zero reason for them not to stand up. (like i said in every post so far)
sorry im done talkin in circles

F3 does cross up in the corner and continuing the string will bring you a world of pain. Very recently I have been adopting @Mr. Mileena's use of F3. Maybe only once in a match I would run up and do a F3 from max distance and so far it has been working. Whether its sustainable in the future I'm not sure (I doubt it will) but so far as a one hit wonder in a match its been paying off.
That's where you play your mind games. They may jump, do a njp, they may jump back, roll them. etc. :)

no its not, because if they block the f4 there is zero reason for them not to stand up. (like i said in every post so far)
sorry im done talkin in circles
Just f4 low sai them then. If they block low, Hooray, you just conditioned them to guess. If tye refuse to ever block low, f4 low sai is bae.

1man3letters

Just f4 low sai them then. If they block low, Hooray, you just conditioned them to guess. If tye refuse to ever block low, f4 low sai is bae.
6% isnt worth the 30-40%+ combo when blocked, even on hit i have to hold a poke/blockstring cause its minus.
i love the low sai but the frame data on it is booty

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
f4 into EX ball roll by itself is not a mixup, since the opponent can use the same blocking pattern once they've caught onto the string. If the f4 is blocked, you need a low to mixup with the overhead. And she doesn't have too many low options to follow up with unless you count low sai (which she doesn't get much off of). If you really want to mix them up, then you're better off just using a raw EX ball roll once you've conditioned them to block low with f4.

Personally, with Mileena I like to stick to a safer footsies + punishing game with B12 rather than trying to take risks up close in hopes to get a mixup (and at the expense of a bar). She doesn't have the high/low game of someone like Cassie or Sonya.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Would everyone agree with low sai blast Mileena is the top Zoner in the roster?

In MK9 you could duck her sais, now with some characters like Total Khan, they are forced to jump over the projectiles risking a huge Jump Kick xx TK xx sai blast xx roll xx b21 1+2. And I am just talking consistent no meter air punish.

Now I did play a smart Total Khan player last night, good player, consistent player, had epic footsie battles with him, he never dropped a combo. Admittedly most the games I did win against him I zoned the literal shit out of him, and felt dirty for it. I'd predict a jump and utterly punish him hardcore for it. Back dash a couple times to continue being the Mileena Bitch I am.

Rapid99

Resident Mileena Researcher
Would everyone agree with low sai blast Mileena is the top Zoner in the roster?

In MK9 you could duck her sais, now with some characters like Total Khan, they are forced to jump over the projectiles risking a huge Jump Kick xx TK xx sai blast xx roll xx b21 1+2. And I am just talking consistent no meter air punish.

Now I did play a smart Total Khan player last night, good player, consistent player, had epic footsie battles with him, he never dropped a combo. Admittedly most the games I did win against him I zoned the literal shit out of him, and felt dirty for it. I'd predict a jump and utterly punish him hardcore for it. Back dash a couple times to continue being the Mileena Bitch I am.
While Low Sai combined with Air Sai and regular Sai give Mileena some decent zoning tools compared to other characters, I would caution placing her at the "top" of zoning characters.

I'd place her below Kitana base on conversions alone - the damage (and often unbreakable damage) that Kitana can get from a randomly hit Fan is crazy. She suffers much the same as Mileena does in that she really wants an overhead combo starter (that isn't garbage - in Mileena's case) but I'd argue her fans alone make up for that shortcoming.

Also it's still pretty early days, but Kenshi continues to be a spacing-based nightmare for a lot of characters and I just don't see Mileena bringing that kind of "I simply can't even approach this guy" pressure that hardcore zoning characters have.

Now this is just my personal opinion but I feel like Mileena's biggest boon right now is her consistent damage and relative lack of reliance on meter to get that damage. Any string that combos into xxTK, AS or xxRoll, Followup is pretty nice damage for Mileena and meter-burning any of the specials mid-combo really doesn't add all that much.

I usually find the only time I use meter is on u3 in corner combos because it allows you to consistently break 40%.

Since we Mileena players get to hold our meter it means we not only get to abuse Mileena's exRoll and exTK punishes, but exRoll alone vastly improves Mileena's mix-up game and while not as derpy as other characters - it becomes pretty good.

I'd go as far as saying that 1 bar of meter turns Mileena from an honestly pretty average if not below-average character to one that can actually hold her own AND; Since meter-burning combos isn't needed to get passable damage outside of the corner we get to hold that meter and take advantage of her improved punish and mix-ups.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Yea Mileenas EX roll now is like Sonya's EX cartwheel of death in MK9. You haft to respect Mileenas meter. Yea her overhead is nothing like U4 was in MK9, but you sure can get some high damage from it when you actually land it.

Yea it is too early to say, I still have a lot (I mean a lot) of leveling up to do online, haven't even fought a Kenshi player yet.