What's new

The Living Comprehensive Stage Meta List-The Best Stage For Each Character

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Batgirl on Ferris is ridiculous. The corner missile and tool box force jumps which can be punished with smoke bomb into vortex. The turbine interactable leads to damage and a pop-up into vortex. The gas canisters pretty much force the same issue.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Great stuff everybody. I would like to limit to 4 or 5 stages each character so if you see 5 stages on a character, you're going to need to provide a good argument for one over the other.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, my counterpicks for batgirl;

HOJ Plaza - For characters without an armoured dash - Interactable drone setups, all throwable interactables have slow startup and so can be punished with teleport.

Wayne Manor - Ineractable death loop in left corner. Motor bike for unchlashable damage off a bola or smokebomb. Other transition has long start up interactables which are easily punished. Also, both have a wall bounce right in the middle to pad vortex combos.

Metropolis Street - Car loop in left corner, bomb reset in right corner.

Ferris - Free smoke bomb after turbine from left corner. Interactables force opponent to jump which can be punished with smoke bomb.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Doomsday - Rooftop hands down. It's the best stage for him to keep momentum up during a match. Specially in the corner.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
With drones I'm guessing?
Yes sir. There's the wire intractable too I guess. But getting a hard knockdown into a drone gives you really good corner carry mid screen and enough time to quickly dash up for better spacing. Also if I have them in the corner and there just happens to be a drone there, it's a free interactable.

Batgirl is also insane on Striker's Island (yard). Infinite on the left side, big reset on the right side, barrels in the middle that force jumps into vortex, and the ability to punish those barrels with smoke bomb. The only problem for her is the barbels for power characters. Batgirl doesn't even lift.

Let's just list all of Batgirl's preferred stages right now:
- Insurgency
- Arkham Asylum
- Joker's Asylum
- Fortress of Solitude
- The Watchtower
- Hall of Justice
- Batcave
- Metropolis
- Gotham City
- Atlantis
- Themyscira
- Stryker's Island
- Ferris
- Wayne Manor
- Wayne Manor Night

tl;dr - Batgirl can fuck you on every stage.

RM Truth

Batgirl is also insane on Striker's Island (yard). Infinite on the left side, big reset on the right side, barrels in the middle that force jumps into vortex, and the ability to punish those barrels with smoke bomb. The only problem for her is the barbels for power characters. Batgirl doesn't even lift.

Let's just list all of Batgirl's preferred stages right now:
- Insurgency
- Arkham Asylum
- Joker's Asylum
- Fortress of Solitude
- The Watchtower
- Hall of Justice
- Batcave
- Metropolis
- Gotham City
- Atlantis
- Themyscira
- Stryker's Island
- Ferris
- Wayne Manor
- Wayne Manor Night

tl;dr - Batgirl can fuck you on every stage.

I would like to limit this to 5 per character, and I already have 3 for her.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Harley Quinn's undisputed best stage is Wayne Manor's Great Room.
In both corners, there are corner bomb placements. This gives her 5 way mixups in the corner, off of her 1, 1, 2 string hard knockdown option. She can go low, side switch overhead, normal overhead (with armor), throw, and also do an unblockable, difficult to escape 20% bomb, into corner combos for crazy meterless damage.

In addition to this, the Piano adds 20% to any combo, as it OTGs and is the fastest interactable in the game for gadget characters. Power characters are absolutely awful with the piano, while gadgets get 20% free if positioned correctly.

Also, the chandelier is detrimental to the game of keepaway characters, and helps Harley get close, to eventually open up the opponent and take them to either corner, where she's at her best on this stage.

RM Truth

Harley Quinn's undisputed best stage is Wayne Manor's Great Room.
In both corners, there are corner bomb placements. This gives her 5 way mixups in the corner, off of her 1, 1, 2 string hard knockdown option. She can go low, side switch overhead, normal overhead (with armor), throw, and also do an unblockable, difficult to escape 20% bomb, into corner combos for crazy meterless damage.

In addition to this, the Piano adds 20% to any combo, as it OTGs and is the fastest interactable in the game for gadget characters. Power characters are absolutely awful with the piano, while gadgets get 20% free if positioned correctly.

Also, the chandelier is detrimental to the game of keepaway characters, and helps Harley get close, to eventually open up the opponent and take them to either corner, where she's at her best on this stage.

I'll add this, but I thought it was widely considered that the Wayne Manor interactables were a bill of goods?

RM Truth

I'm a little iffy about chandalier though, my experiences with it have always been I use it, then I'm forced to block.

KIllaByte

I'm a little iffy about chandalier though, my experiences with it have always been I use it, then I'm forced to block.
It's faster than the Pipe on Atlantis, and this stage has no interactables that power characters do better with, like Atlantis does. (excluding Catwoman)
The chandelier is nice, yo.
And it's better to be forced to block right in front of a zoner, where you end up, than at 3/4ths, half, or fullscreen.
It's not only for that purpose, too.
You can be wonky, and use it to make space against rushdown.

RM Truth

Bumped. I think this is some good stuff, and I'd like to get at least one for every character.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
hmmmm.....my favorites with Superman (take with a grain of salt): Themyscira Temple. Dat Tree in the corner + center wall bounce. Wayne Manor Courtyard: 3 interactables to take advantage of, the center one allowing him to extend meterless damage with trait up to 48%, the car is a good for corner setups and to just nail them at 3/4 screen if need be (baitable though).
FOS: space ship, top interactable, laser teleport and doomsday wall bounce has a crazy large area to start it in.

KIllaByte

I'm bringing over my old original post in my Cyborg stage tech thread, which extensively explain the litany of reasons as to why Lex Luthor's laboaratory is Cyborg's best stage. This post went quite well, a lot of likes, despite not having the video that I should have made already.

KIllaByte PSN: playakid700. Hash-Slingling-Slasher
Lex Luthor's laboratory.
It is here that Cyborg can add 20% for FREE on wall combos on the right side, and use the midscreen air interactables much better than his opponents can- and is much more likely to earn 18-20% bonus damage on OTGS...

Corner, 20% Bonus damage.

In the right corner, do any string or normal of choice into one Meterburend Down Back 1, into down 2, into R1 interactable for a completely inescapable 20% OTG, tested against Superman's wakeup super move, and tech roll wakeup super move. This is high 50%s, for one bar of meter, depending upon how you combo into it.

You can do bigger combos for even more damage, but this gives the opponent the option to tech roll, then invinicible wakeup-- the only way out.
Using three bars of meter on Meterburn DownBack 1 leads to 62% normally, then 82% if you cancel into the interactable on the right side. Only way out is tech roll, wakeup combination.

Pretty Much Inescapable Setup

Any knockdown cancelled into medium or far missiles around the midscreen area lead to a seemingly inescapable setup, and sometimes a combo if timed right. End a combo with missiles, then jump up, and throw one of the ceiling lights at your opponent. They will be hit by one or both projectiles, depending upon how you time the throw of the ceiling light. If hit by both, you are given an opportunity to set up missiles or grappling hook for free, after doing 21% damage.
Sometimes, if close enough, you can combo off of these.

Big Damage Midscreen OTG

We all know the meterburn Down Back 1 does amazing damage, but at the right distance around midscreen in Luthor's Lab, You can end your combo with the meterburn of this move, jump up, and throw a ceiling light for another 20% otg. The only way out is tech rolling, but if they do this, you can delay the interactable throw and zone next to it for an inevitable interactables toss that will probably hit your opponent as they try to get in on you.

Super 1337 Ceiling light setup, 2.
If you're relatively far away from the ceiling lights on either side of the stage, but facing the center area of the stage as you end a combo or string with Cyborg, you can cancel into forward grapple after 1, 1, 3 or Back + 1, 2 3. Cyborg will fly over the opponent, directly into the ceiling light, which he can throw immediately, quite quickly. The opponent is given a very small amount of time to react to another 20% damage flying at them, locked on and tracking.

RM Truth

Bumping this so I can get more discussion, and also to update the Cyborg suggestion that I forgot about.

AK GamerBlake

Do you think this could be something worth stickying?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lex would probably be asylum stages. He's one of the best interactable characters and might have the best pig game. Otherwise Wayne Manor great room is pretty good for having a background bounce and throwables without anything stupid in his disadvantage.

KIllaByte

Lex would probably be asylum stages. He's one of the best interactable characters and might have the best pig game. Otherwise Wayne Manor great room is pretty good for having a background bounce without anything stupid in his disadvantage.

Lex WILL be hit by the piano at some point on that stage, if he is fighting against a gadget or acrobat character.
Piano is 22%, lost, for sure.

Unless they throw it at you while you have Lex trait on... but if they do that, they're either inexperienced or unworthy of your time-- or both.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lex WILL be hit by the piano at some point on that stage, if he is fighting against a gadget or acrobat character.
Piano is 22%, lost, for sure.

Unless they throw it at you while you have Lex trait on... but if they do that, they're either inexperienced or unworthy of your time-- or both.

I feel like I control it better though. Trait for defense + probes for offense and not letting them backdash it.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Metropolis Street is also very good for Green Arrow for some of the same reasons as Fortress of Solitude. With the machine gun he gets high damage and can load ice arrows mid combo. He can also get a machine gun juggle off fire arrows and any AA arrows.

KIllaByte

I feel like I control it better though. Trait for defense + probes for offense and not letting them backdash it.
That Piano travels faster than the Pig, and has about the same start up time- and does more damage.

If Lex Luthor makes a combo setup to safely remove the Piano from the screen, that stage is definitely one of his best.
And the Ex Lex probe will force a block for long enough for the Super Slow Power character Piano throw animation to take place, I think.

Matchup and situation dependent I guess.

I see what you're saying.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If Lex Luthor makes a combo setup to safely remove the Piano from the screen, that stage is definitely one of his best.
And the Ex Lex probe will force a block for long enough for the Super Slow Power character Piano throw animation to take place, I think.

Yeah that's what I do. Mb probe and they sort of have to hold that unless they have a teleport or something.