Do you think Leatherface needs help?

• Yes, I do

• No, I don't

• I don't know

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I agree and to add to that, if he had a better back dash and slightly faster moves like s3 and maybe d4 I'd be perfectly fine with that. But right now, he's highly punishable outside of bs1 and to easy to defend against. He's free.
A faster d4 would be nice. Rip.

A faster d4 would be nice. Rip.
He has moves that look like they don't cancel into anything like s3, f4, d4, if they increased the speed slightly these become big tools that provoke the player to hit a button afterward which is good for LF. Essentially everything he needs is there... just lacks good frames.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
This thread really scares me. How do you want to introduce a 50 - 50 option on a character that has a safe cancel with the option to spend meter on a confirm. I thought we were trying to steer away from that kind of broken play. How brain dead do we want the character.

Jump in or run in- 50/50 - beserker rush - hit spend meter ~ (otherwise repeat from jumpin try overhead this time)

Honestly I don't know the struggle but if a mid and overhead is so needed would you players switch that for making the BS1 full combo punishable. Cause the concept that on a 50- 50 guess u get 38% + into more gimics but if I guess right we are back to neutral is straight up stupid. I believe it is best to assume for an 11f mid or 50/50, BS1 will have to be toned down (millena roll kind of negative, I should be able to use my highest punish).

Imagine If cassie's flip kick was neutral on hit, she would be broken. and she only gets 24 -26% on that. 38%+ is a lot with the safety blanket it has.
Leatherface has 50/50's across all three variations. He has a low and overhead, albeit slow in Killer and Pretty Lady.

No-one is asking for A-list cancels for Leatherface. He doesn't need it. All of his cancels on block are all negative apart from b1.

Beserker Stance 1 is -8, it's generally not Leatherface's turn when it's blocked anyway, to make it full combo punishable? That would destroy Killer, that and the unblockable is all he has. He has no projectile so he deserves to be really strong up close, IMO.

He just needs 'quality of life' issues fixed, then he'll be fine.

FutileDede

True Empress
Leatherface has 50/50's across all three variations. He has a low and overhead, albeit slow in Killer and Pretty Lady.

No-one is asking for A-list cancels for Leatherface. He doesn't need it. All of his cancels on block are all negative apart from b1.

Beserker Stance 1 is -8, it's generally not Leatherface's turn when it's blocked anyway, to make it full combo punishable? That would destroy Killer, that and the unblockable is all he has. He has no projectile so he deserves to be really strong up close, IMO.

He just needs 'quality of life' issues fixed, then he'll be fine.
I only said that as a solution to introducing a 50/50, allowing a character to get 38%+ more gimics from a 50/ 50 is absurd. So if BS1 has to be kept talk of 50/50 has to go, he doesn't have 1 for a reason. I agree with more hit advantage for some pokes d4 in particular. F1 being a mid Oh lord that sting is a bully string already its only weakness being that the first part is a high. it has a lot of range you can't jump( back ,forward, up) or back step f12 at poke range.

why make f1 a mid?

TommyKing5

I only said that as a solution to introducing a 50/50, allowing a character to get 38%+ more gimics from a 50/ 50 is absurd. So if BS1 has to be kept talk of 50/50 has to go, he doesn't have 1 for a reason. I agree with more hit advantage for some pokes d4 in particular. F1 being a mid Oh lord that sting is a bully string already its only weakness being that the first part is a high. it has a lot of range you can't jump( back ,forward, up) or back step f12 at poke range.

why make f1 a mid?
What? Killer already has 50/50 starters and specials.

why make f1 a mid?
Simply.... for respect Characters with no respect have a hard time winning. It's that simple. You main characters in Takeda Mileena and Cassie who have advancing mids and great pokes. You do not know what it's like to get a turn and it be immediately taken away. It's like you been hit with 10 Skip cards in Uno as your opponent slowly smokes a cigarette on your life bar. It's not fair, man.

TommyKing5

He doesn't you can see that over head coming a mile away. Only time I get caught is when I'm trying to contest it with a poke.
Well it may be slow but it's still an overhead starter. B1 and F2 are both very slow but are still overhead. You might catch someone off-guard once in a while but not often I admit.

Well it may be slow but it's still an overhead starter. B1 and F2 are both very slow but are still overhead. You might catch someone off-guard once in a while but not often I admit.
This is why it's not a 50/50. No guessing is involved. Low is the only opener that's fast enough and the OH is reactable. If LF had better tools, he could make his opponent forget about the OH and sneak it in, but that is just not the case at this point.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ok anyone who thinks giving this character a fast B1 or a faster F2 do not know how

A: To fix a character properly.
B: How Leatherface works on a fundamental level.

Leatherface (Killer/Pretty Lady) doesn't needs a fast overhead, you want that you go to Butcher, simple as that. He doesn't need his BS1 to be plus, the character already has decent plus frames with S1 and 2,2 (Which are highs but for good reason.) What the character DOES need, is a mid. It can't be S1 because no standing 1 should be a mid, plain and simple. It can't be S2 because that's +2 and that would cause some very unhealthy stagger mind games. F1 is minus on block and leads to no plus frames what so ever, which makes it perfect to be a mid. So just give him a mid, so he has some form of respect enabling other than D3 (give me a break though really) and fix his whiffing problem and you have a solid mid tier, maybe high mid tier, character that can actually do shit.

TommyKing5

This is why it's not a 50/50. No guessing is involved. Low is the only opener that's fast enough and the OH is reactable. If LF had better tools, he could make his opponent forget about the OH and sneak it in, but that is just not the case at this point.
There may be no guessing involved, but it is an overhead. He doesn't need super quick 50/50's. If he did, mixed in with Beserker 2 ex he would be way too strong lol.

But does he really need a fast overhead? I think he has more important problems as of right now than how fast his overhead is.

To be honest, what would a mid do for Killer anyway? He's got the godlike Berserker Stance 1, which is a great mid. If he was given another mid I think it'll be overkill. If Leatherface's pokes were buffed (hit advantage, not speed), I think he'll be fine.

If Berserker Stance 1 was +2... Well for a move that can do 38-40% raw that would be silly. Leatherface isn't a pressure character by any stretch of the imagination.

Killer isn't bad at all... His main weakness is not having a projectile, but he can absorb them with berserker stance cancels. If that window was increased a little bit that would be nice, but not vital. Most of the changes to Leatherface are universal.

Not trying to have a go at you at all but if he was given all these buffs he would be top 10 for sure. I just want a character that has a chance against everyone else in the cast. As @Kokoko put it, maybe when (if) NRS decides to nerf the current top tiers I think Leatherface will move up the tiers. All he needs is a few quality of life changes and he's good to go. I was overstepping myself with my initial suggestions and after the Leatherface community have discussed these changes I realised how silly they were.
Ur right leatherface isn't a pressure character that's why I'm asking for bs1 to be +2. Jax do f21 'raw' and get 40 percent, doesn't mean anything. +2 would hardly be make leatheface OP. He sucks right now

There may be no guessing involved, but it is an overhead. He doesn't need super quick 50/50's. If he did, mixed in with Beserker 2 ex he would be way too strong lol.

But does he really need a fast overhead? I think he has more important problems as of right now than how fast his overhead is.
You're right, but I think his overhead could at least be 25f, not 27. Scorpions overhead is reactable at 25f but can still catch you off guard. I think it's fair at 25f. Without an overhead he essentially needs to build meter in order to do damage unless he gets a whiff punish or punishes a move. Does he need a faster overhead? No, but he will need a mid to gain respect and to build meter. He needs better frames on some moves in order to do this. Without meter LF is useless. There's no plan B option with him. Killer is an intimidating pressure variation... until u learn the matchup. Without these tweaks he will continue to suffer.

TommyKing5

Ur right leatherface isn't a pressure character that's why I'm asking for bs1 to be +2. Jax do f21 'raw' and get 40 percent, doesn't mean anything. +2 would hardly be make leatheface OP. He sucks right now
He doesn't suck. BS1 has pushback anyway so it's not -8, only Reptile can punish it on block. If it was Plus 2, he would be stupidly good because you can just do d3 into bs1 over and over lol.

You're right, but I think his overhead could at least be 25f, not 27. Scorpions overhead is reactable at 25f but can still catch you off guard. I think it's fair at 25f. Without an overhead he essentially needs to build meter in order to do damage unless he gets a whiff punish or punishes a move. Does he need a faster overhead? No, but he will need a mid to gain respect and to build meter. He needs better frames on some moves in order to do this. Without meter LF is useless. There's no plan B option with him. Killer is an intimidating pressure variation... until u learn the matchup. Without these tweaks he will continue to suffer.
In all seriousness, what would a 2f increase do anyway. The speed is fine, because of it's massive range. Like @CrazyFingers said, if you want 50/50's, just play Butcher.

I find it easy to open people up, maybe it's because I play Blood God. If you want to open them up you need to stagger and throw a lot more.

Pre-XL non-Cutthroat Kano players knew the struggle.
Kitana players have it harder.
D3 into bs1 catches so many people, and that's 40% gone.

As for the mid, tbh I have no clue. I've coped this far well without it but I'm not going to be upset if we do get one.

In all seriousness, what would a 2f increase do anyway. The speed is fine, because of it's range.
Lol not much, I was just throwing it out there. He does need help though. Some people keep calling LF good, but when I see him win it's because his opponent plays the matchup wrong. There's just certain basics u must learn that people don't do. Against LF u don't jump back or block high at the start of a move. Once players learn this matchup he has a tough time winning. This could be because other characters need nerfs and have 50/50s. I think this is primarily why LF loses a lot.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Actual "Buffs" Needed
  • Fix Whiffing Issues.
  • Fix Whiffing Issues
  • Aaaaaand, Fix Whiffing Issues.
Buffs that would be nice
  • F1 a mid at 8f
  • Reverting the nerfs he got to begin with.
  • Faster EX DF4 (In specifically Pretty Lady/Killer)
  • MAYBE a faster D4.
  • Finally, Better dashes.
Other than that the character is fine, he's already had the tools, NRS just needs to actually complete the character they started now xD

TommyKing5

Lol not much, I was just throwing it out there. He does need help though. Some people keep calling LF good, but when I see him win it's because his opponent plays the matchup wrong. There's just certain basics u must learn that people don't do. Against LF u don't jump back or block high at the start of a move. Once players learn this matchup he has a tough time winning. This could be because other characters need nerfs and have 50/50s. I think this is primarily why LF loses a lot.
He might not be 'great' but he's good. He isn't say pre-XL Jason. He has amazing tools, damage ect. He gets bullied a lot by pressure characters, which just so happens to be the top 10 at the moment excels at just that. Butcher actually does somewhat well against the top tiers because of the faster armour at his disposal.

Actual "Buffs" Needed
  • Fix Whiffing Issues.
  • Fix Whiffing Issues
  • Aaaaaand, Fix Whiffing Issues.
Buffs that would be nice
  • F1 a mid at 8f
  • Reverting the nerfs he got to begin with.
  • Faster EX DF4 (In specifically Pretty Lady/Killer)
  • MAYBE a faster D4.
  • Finally, Better dashes.
Other than that the character is fine, he's already had the tools, NRS just needs to actually complete the character they started now xD
I think all LF mains would agree with this post. I'm 2shay and I approve this message

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Seeing so much talk about Leatherface puts a big smile on my face :D

I just main Pretty Lady, so my buffs are simple:

F1 as a mid
Reduced negative frames on low chainsaw ( currently -9 on block)

I would also ask to reduce the recovery on all of PL projectiles, but I honestly don't know if that would make him too silly.

FutileDede

True Empress
8 frame mid!:eek: 8 frame advancing mid!:eek: 8 frame advancing mid that cannot be whiff punished :eek:

Wow, you know if that ever happened it would have a gap on the f12.
Who thinks a safe 8f mid is fair. There literally will not be any reason to poke after all it is an 8 frame advancing mid that cannot be whiff punished :eek:.

• d4 with more hit advantage seems reasonable.
  • fix f12 ex up saw toss whiffing on female hit box for pretty lady.
  • raise f12 up saw toss hit advantage from 0 to 6 for pretty lady.
  • BS2 should be hit advantage 1 not sure why it is -1 currently