What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
So how many people have figured out Supe's ambiguous crossup game?

Dat crossover air D3 into F23~MB Breath...
I got 45%. Crossup ground smash, 1 mb super breath, b3, j3, 22 low scoop, 3 rising grab air heat. For online you can replace 22 low scoop with f2 low scoop for 44% in case of lag.

How are yall figuring out the time for this stuff? I fill like im mashing to get through some of these combos and then that negative edge
-_-' ...any tips?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
*Slams into the ground at near light speed*
I have arrived!
Yep I love this character.Cant wait to see what we The Superman Army can do for Kal-El.
*Hears a cry for help.Begins running at mach-550 to go help*

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
*Slams into the ground at near light speed*
I have arrived!
That's literally Black Adam's exact intro, except he says returned instead of arrived.

I'm thinking of trying out Supes, a character in the comics that I always thought was kind of "meh", maybe i'll like him.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I never really pegged Superman as a zoner, but holy shit.... after watching Tyrant last night (as well as losing to his zoning game online) I feel like he could potentially outzone a lot of characters. How do you guys feel about this? And are there any tricks we can share on getting in on him? :-/

Been working on SuperMans cross up game today (Havent got to play any one yet so if someone can confirm this)..

After ANY low scoop, if they roll you can get a completely ambiguous cross up attack. You do this by walking forward slightly or VERY slightly, lol. Jump up-air dash-JIP3. The amount you walk is so tiny you I dont think the opponent will be able to tell what side you're going to attack on. Let me also add, after the Low Scoop you can dash under then jump up to air dash as well. Dont know how viable that alternative tactic is, but its there.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I feel really dumb the hipster mentality is killing me. I want to play Superman and Batman but I hear they are the most played characters and my heart is like nah. Do you guys ever refuse to play a character because they are too common or top tier. How do you deal with it?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I feel really dumb the hipster mentality is killing me. I want to play Superman and Batman but I hear they are the most played characters and my heart is like nah. Do you guys ever refuse to play a character because they are too common or top tier. How do you deal with it?
By simply playing the characters I want/like. I couldn't care less what everyone else is doing, I couldn't care less if 95 percent of players play Superman, I'm still gonna play him.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Nah man I just play who I like or fits my playstyle.Luckily for me Superman fits both those criteria(And so do GL and BA).
Also just so you know the most played character is Deathstroke.

I think this mentality is way more common than you think and is actually causing the reverse. I have seen very few Superman or Batman players. Tons of Deathstroke, Ares, Lantern, and Aquaman, but the only Superman players I've seen outside of this thread are Tyrant, Tom Brady, and myself (and I don't really count), and the only Batman players I've seen are REO and Justin Wong.

Incidentally, the only character I have not seen on any stream whatsoever is Hawkgirl, so I'm learning her as a secondary.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
Ugh. Fuck Green Lantern. I hate this guys game. All I can say is Pushblock and punish every opportunity you have.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
What do you guys find to be the best wakeup move for superman? I thought punch would be the obvious choice but it seems too slow on startup.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
On ground: Swoop/Breath/MB Breath. I prefer Swoop personally
Jumping: Rising grab

Also I think I just fought one of you guys, maybe not, but he was good, and if it was one of you gg's.

Status
Not open for further replies.