What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the backup McNasty, but since the event was only recorded and not streamed after all we can't prove that without buggin' the coordinator, which frankly isn't worth it. So I'll just hush until tomorrow night. No biggie.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
EDIT:

knoterror

I wasn't aware McNasty was staff here at TYM vouching for you at a tourney. I'm still shaking hands and meeting folks. He's staff and he vouches for your presence at the event so thats good enough for me. You can post knoterror. I'll make a note of this, but remember no story or unlock spoilers (like anyone plays story mode at a tourney...)

EDIT:

knoterror

I wasn't aware McNasty was staff here at TYM vouching for you at a tourney. I'm still shaking hands and meeting folks. He's staff and he vouches for your presence at the event so thats good enough for me. You can post knoterror. I'll make a note of this, but remember no story or unlock spoilers (like anyone plays story mode at a tourney...)
Thank you sir!

Lol Now I don't really have anything to post. :D

Death

Noob
Heres a few bnbs I'm doing right now for any of you Superman mains want to try out when you get the game tomorrow night. I'm not really a combo guy so I hope some of you can find better ones lol A quick rundown on his starters is his F2 which is a 8f mid, standing 1 which is 8f high, B1 is a 19f low and his 2 is a 10f mid.

F23~trait, F2 MB Breath, B3,J3, 22~low grab, 3~flying punch - 46% doing this combo without the trait will do 37% (this is your go to bnb, at least for me until someone finds something better)
F2D1~ MB Breath, slight walk b3, J3, 22~low grab 3~flying punch - 38% (i like this combo cuz the D1 is a low )
223, F2 MB Breah, B3, J3, 22~low grab, 3~flying punch - 40% (the three hits overhead so you can cancel with low scoop instead of the the 3), only downfall I notice about this mix up is that the low scoop is -27 and the 3 overhead is so slow, you can see it a mile away)
B1~MB Breath, B3, J3, 22~low scoop, 3~dash punch - 38% (same combo as F2D1 but this is a low starter, B1 is slow though, its 19 frames)
D1~MB Breath, B3, J3, 22~Low scoop, 3~dash punch - 37% (Off his 6 frame D1)
MB B3, J3, 22~low scoop, 3~dash punch - 34%

Most of these combos I try and do trait after MB Breath but it seems like I never have enough time. If this was possible or if you can do it all his bnbs would rise up to 10%. If you do trait than jump in punch and do these inputs you will prob get close to 50% on most of them. But thats way too situational so thats why I didnt add it in.

The best meterless combo I can come up with is the one EGP Wonder_Cheftold me about.

F23, J2, 22~low scoop, 3~dash punch - 28%
223, F23, F2~low scoop, 3~dash punch - 28%

I just cannot find anything better. Maybe the combo guys can find something more damaging. I just want this game out so I can get some help on bnbs lol

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
No. Grundy, bane are slow lol. Superman has 2 mid hitting attacks thats 9 frames and faster
That low scoop easy to get around? Seems like ppl will want to use it a lot. I was reluctant to use him bc of my fear of him being "easy" to defend against, but Fukit imma use him anyway

Death

Noob
That low scoop easy to get around? Seems like ppl will want to use it a lot. I was reluctant to use him bc of my fear of him being "easy" to defend against, but Fukit imma use him anyway
You cant really fuzzy guard the low scoop but just block low vs him and when you see his overhead coming just block high. His overhead is so slow. Hes very easy to fuzzy.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Not necessarily. The punch is a pretty good advancing special. Its 11f and travels almost 3/4 of the screen. Much much farther range than Jax dash punch in MK. Its also a mid too. The only downside is that its -8 so characters with fast normals can blow it up.

Supermans f2 is probably one of the best normals in the game. Its an 8f mid and has the same range as kitanas f2/sektors f2. Great whiff punisher
his dash punch is 21 frames and is -16 , what frame data have you been looking at lol.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I double checked and you were right. I got it confused with rising grab
I checked as soon as I saw the post too. I got happy thinking they did a stealth patch to buff him after all the nerfs the day one patch did to him. Its a shame he got nerfed so much :(. He is still very good though.

Death

Noob
I checked as soon as I saw the post too. I got happy thinking they did a stealth patch to buff him after all the nerfs the day one patch did to him. Its a shame he got nerfed so much :(. He is still very good though.
I dont think hes that good at all honestly. Very risky. Not a lot of mixups and all his stuff is so easily fuzzy guardable. He does such low damage. all his damage comes from trait active then combo but thats way too sitautiaonl. Thats like saying rain is top cuz he can damage boost before his combos. His lasers are slow too imo. He does have an amazing super and his f2 is godlike.

Have you had any luck activating trait after MB super breath? I try and do it but it just seems like I dont have enough time. If only MB Breath had more adv :(

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I dont think hes that good at all honestly. Very risky. Not a lot of mixups and all his stuff is so easily fuzzy guardable. He does such low damage. all his damage comes from trait active then combo but thats way too sitautiaonl. Thats like saying rain is top cuz he can damage boost before his combos. His lasers are slow too imo. He does have an amazing super and his f2 is godlike.

Have you had any luck activating trait after MB super breath? I try and do it but it just seems like I dont have enough time. If only MB Breath had more adv :(
there is no point trying to get trait after mb breath bc it's been programmed that as soon as you activate his trait they break out of the ice. It's not an issue of more Advantage.

Death

Noob
there is no point trying to get trait after mb breath bc it's been programmed that as soon as you activate his trait they break out of the ice. It's not an issue of more Advantage.
Oh gotcha yeah It seems like he cant do trait in his combos. The only one I was able to get is F23~trait than f2 mb breath. It seems from his other strings he cant do it.

When do you think is a good time to activate it?

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Oh gotcha yeah It seems like he cant do trait in his combos. The only one I was able to get is F23~trait than f2 mb breath. It seems from his other strings he cant do it.

When do you think is a good time to activate it?
Well it's match up dependent really.
For character's like doomsday and grundy that depend on armor to get in, it's extremely good. Vs doomsday activate it when he activates his trait and blow through it, Superman might be doom day's worst MU .And vs grundy activate it during his wake up and he has no way to get up without taking pressure.
For others like batman (non armor based character's) I just use it as a simple hit confirm from his f23 for more damaging combos. No other uses in those match up.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
SatsuiYesHadou

Whats your Bnbs right now for meterless? Supermans meterless combos seem pretty shitty. The best one I can get is only 28%
I got 31% right now. F23, j2, f23, f2 low scoop, 3 air grab into air heat vision. I can't get more than 24% for his low scoop meterless. You could always get more with the trait also though. Vggs tonight sorry my ps3 kept signing me out all night

I got 34% also off of 223. 223, f23, f2 low scoop, 3 air grab into air heat. I'm not seeing too much potential off for his f3 also in combos besides just randomly being thrown out

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
His trait is actually super cancelable immediately almost and you could still trait after a mb freeze and hit a b3 by cancelling the trait with bb meter. Its not really worth it though because its 3 bars and the window to hit it is ridiculously narrow and nearly impossible so its not very reliable to try in tourney

Death

Noob
Ggs tonight satsui. I'm def gunna try out those combos. On your 34% try 3~flying punch as your ender. I noticed ending with flying punch will give the most damage. Also can you do that combo mid screen or just in the corner?

I finally found one that's over 30% meterless.

F23~trait, f23, f2~low scoop, 3~flying punch

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ggs tonight satsui. I'm def gunna try out those combos. On your 34% try 3~flying punch as your ender. I noticed ending with flying punch will give the most damage. Also can you do that combo mid screen or just in the corner?

I finally found one that's over 30% meterless.

F23~trait, f23, f2~low scoop, 3~flying punch
Ending in air grab canceled into heat vision does more damage but reverses positions.

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
No one talks about Superman.

What is he like combo wise? Mix ups? Safe? Fast? Damage? Zoning?

I see he has two heat vision attacks, heat zap and the other one. What is the main difference?

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Correction on my part. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I did it but his 223 combo is actually 30% its 34% with a j2 my bad. His highest midscreen damage meterless and traitless is 31%

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Superman can punish things -1 on block with reversal super. Can't have any pushback though. He can punish things -2 with any pushback it seems though.

So looks like his super is 1f execution (zero frame startup)

Status
Not open for further replies.