What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I noticed that but I thought maybe it was just showing the power of the move or the ground shaking when he did it.

Nah, it's meter burn, just look at :55 for the meter burn for freeze breath (instead of super breath) or 50 when he burns meter for a two hit laser, it looks the same. However:

Check out :34, that looks like an overhead for no meter.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Oh I was thinking it was the punches before the EX but yep sorry Death that is his EX Punch thingy.That stills leaves the low,though!

CCVengeance

Important info on Superman's trait!
Taken from today's SRK articles:
What are the different properties for hit states?

There are some, like throws, that are inescapable when you throw someone out of a disabled state (like in active recovery frames after a missed attack). Several characters power abilities will affect hit states as well. For example Superman ignores armor when his power is active. Bane adds armor (and projectile invulnerability) to some of his attacks depending on his current venom level. Wonder Woman takes less chip damage when she is in sword and shield stance.

As you can see Superman's trait not only increases his damage but allow him to bypass all types of armor.Depending if this also applies to character traits like Doomsday's then this is HUGE for the Man of Tomorrow's match-ups.

CCVengeance

Straight from Arturo Sanchez twitter:
-Superman has the best punish super in the game.Comparable to Julia's super in SFxT which at 1-frame pretty much punished anything in the game.

CCVengeance

New 52 costue revealed on Facebook!Cant seem to find a picture to post,though.
Go to General Discussion to see it.

CCVengeance

Superman vs Green Lantern in the Battle Arena Semi-Finals:
Yet another badass intro for Superman.This from his New52 costume.DIS GON BE GOOD!

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Oh I was thinking it was the punches before the EX but yep sorry Death that is his EX Punch thingy.That stills leaves the low,though!
That move is his f3. You can also use meter in the middle of his combo strings to popup cancel (overhead). His mixup game like Tom Brady stated appears to be really good in that most of his strings leave him either neutral on block, or very minimal disadvantage. Cancelling strings into low scoop special is god like, because he has a lot of options- can chain strings into freeze to keep the combo going, or end combos with his super breath to push them back across the string Kenshi style and follow up with heat vision or zap zoning pressure.

His heat zap is such a fast projectile, it can interrupt things from full screen. His dashing is very good and very fast- He is extremely mobile because of his air dashes, and he can even delay his landing with heat vision, so people will always need to be on the lookout for fake outs as he can punish anti airs.

His super is god like. Punishes almost everything from what I've seen, and rage mode + super takes out like half the opponents meter and goes through projectiles/armored moves and I think its even unblockable.

As a Liu Kang player, having a character who's strings leave me at neutral and with 50/50 low or overhead popup options is important to me because rushdown is my thing, and since Rage mode allows Superman to power through armor like a beast, he is right up my alley.

I plan on doing a lot of teabagging online with Supes McGee. ;) imagine him going from his flying neutral standing position to crouching in rapid succession. Hilarious! :p

We need more Supes discussion up in here!

Something I noticed somewhere is the ability to cancel into Rage from a D2 anti-air (which seems like a good AA to begin with, and could be a good followup after Low Scoop) and still have time to follow up on it with standing 1. Hopefully that sticks around.

That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
We need more Supes discussion up in here!

Something I noticed somewhere is the ability to cancel into Rage from a D2 anti-air (which seems like a good AA to begin with, and could be a good followup after Low Scoop) and still have time to follow up on it with standing 1. Hopefully that sticks around.

That's pretty awesome if you ask me.
We will have plenty of discussions when the game is released. I'll be updating a ton of information here for Superman. I'll be at 2 Injustice tournaments in the first 3 weeks of release and I fully plan on breaking down Superman for these tournaments. I'll dab in some Wonder Woman and Flash but Superman will be my main focus while the game is fresh.

Only 5 days my King Supes supporters!!

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Well I woke up this morning to hit training for the first time and supes has an easy f23 starter 47% 1 bar combo and that's one of my first combos I tried so he could have even more damaging ones :eek: you could also literally get a free super off of anything almost and you could super cancel your trait so that's like free 44% when you see a projectile since his super is only 1 frame. You could also super off of a connected air smash for like 43%.

He has high combo potential but it seems his main combo starting tool is f23 and its good to use low scoop later in combos cause you can't get much high damage off of a low scoop at the start from what it looks like. Going to look for some corner combos and set ups possibly later and swaggy interaction stuff

#kneelbeforeme

Death

Noob
Well I woke up this morning to hit training for the first time and supes has an easy f23 starter 47% 1 bar combo and that's one of my first combos I tried so he could have even more damaging ones :eek: you could also literally get a free super off of anything almost and you could super cancel your trait so that's like free 44% when you see a projectile since his super is only 1 frame. You could also super off of a connected air smash for like 43%.

He has high combo potential but it seems his main combo starting tool is f23 and its good to use low scoop later in combos cause you can't get much high damage off of a low scoop at the start from what it looks like. Going to look for some corner combos and set ups possibly later and swaggy interaction stuff

#kneelbeforeme
I got a 47% too 1 bar but it had his trait in the combo. Is this combo trait or no trait?

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Got to tinker around a tiny bit on a copy of the game last night.

Supes seems about as good as I expected him to be. His anti-air grab is pretty godly. You can easily react to jumps with it. It's like Cyrax's anti-air grab but better. D3 in the air acts like a divekick and give a small popup you can combo off of. Super Breath is great too. It can push someone fullscreen if you need them away, but it can also be a decent AA that you can MB to freeze them. Flying Punch is pretty much Jax's Dash Punch. Heat Visions are pretty slow, but still useful.

11 is also +5 on Block, so he can also get some pressure mixups going. 11~Low Scoop or 112 (2 is an overhead). F2D1 is a low and F2D13 finishes the string with an overhead (I can't remember if the overhead is a popup).

Also, it seemed like Rage trait had some kind of armor on startup, though I could be wrong.

Supes definitely has some dirt!
1335820026122.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.