What's new

Video/Tutorial The Kurtis Stryker Guide to Riot Control & Police Brutality

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I also noticed that high grenades are mostly effective against jumping opponents. Sometimes they jump over the low grenades :-( is it me or grenades in general got a somewhat sonic boom effect. You know how guile can nulify a fireball with sonic boom when clearly it should have hit him. Sometimes you can clearly see that the opponents could have landed the jumping punch but they get into this floating mode. Hard to explain but play against Stryker on expert in training and try to jump in at him from jumping distance. He will somehow manage to hit you with a grenade even if you're right in his face.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
True. I almost never use the high grenade except vs certain specific characters like Kano, Kitana, Sindel etc. Most of the time I just use low grenade. High grenades are good to control air space, but that can scare them to jump. And I often want my opponent to jump at me so I can juggle them with 20-30% combos. :)

Carefoot: Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure grenades don't staggers enough on hit to allow another grenade without trade. So on "grenade hit", I think gun shot would be better...
Stryker Community Flowchart version o.o3

Bomb -> Blocked! -> Gun
Gun -> -> Hit! -> Gun
Bomb -> -> Hit! -> Gun

Gun -> Blocked! -> Grenade [risky; they can trade projectiles!],
-> Enhanced Grenade [on hit your scoring a full knockdown, even if it trades its arc is delayed enough vs most projectiles that it will still likely hit last giving you time to be off the floor and onto another normal grenade or gunshot, [ex-gunshot/grenade may beat out wake up moves if all hits land at the very least it will do damage and be absorbed]
->Enhanced Gun [still at disadvantage but 6% total chip] if you do this you can score another gunshot (regular keeps you in this shitty part of the loop), technically if you have 3 bars of meter after a gunshot is blocked you can "block confirm" 3 enhanced gunshots and all they can do is either block the chip or eat damage. Good for full screen end game 'enoughs enough' chip out.
-> Rolltoss (ex for armor/fullscreen), neutralize disadvantage or crossup reset for full advantage.
-> Enhanced Sweep [Safe, leaves you neutral],
->Dash Cancel Sweep [Unsafe, but can lead into more floored sweeps/enhanced sweeps, or a mixup]

Enhanced Gun -> -> Hit! -> Gun
Enhanced Gun -> Blocked! -> Gun
-> Enhanced Gun, Gun

Sweep-> -> Hit! -> Dash Cancel Sweep
Sweep -> Blocked! -> (Immediate) enhanced Sweep [technically -1 but generally safe]
Enhanced Sweep -> Hit! -> Dash Sweep
Enhanced Sweep ->Blocked! -> Enhanced Sweep

Stryker plays a lot like a Street Fighter character. Beefy normals, so in a sense hes one of the few characters I can justify using ex-moves for just the sake of using ex-moves seeing how their usefulness outdoes normal options in these specific cases and extends damage. While rebuilding meter if they block these shenanigans.

I really don't know how I feel about those flow charts lol.

edit: Hhmmm... I think I misread your post. You probably meant on block because on hit it's definitely not neutral. But you should just say "safe on block" because it's not +0.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
hey guys, I found a 40% combo mid-screen with B3,2 starter (1 bar).

- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1,2 roll toss (40%)

Since I found out D4 xx roll toss always connects on airborne opponents I tried to explore it as various combo ender.
- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x Gunshot ~ Dash D4 xx roll toss (35%)

and
- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1 orD4 xx roll toss (36%)

here is what I have noticed
Using 1,1 xx gunshot instead of 1 xx gunshot after the B3,2 launches the opponent higher and allow room to dash in and do the D4 xx Roll toss. Since EN gunshot elevates the opponent slightly higher during the animation, doing 1,1 xx EN gunshot gives us even more room to land 1,2 xx roll toss

If you are going for the kill, wasting an extra bar for EN roll toss will bump the damage to 42%

- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1,2 EN roll toss (42%)

Based on this find I think our old 36% was a huge waste of meter lol

- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1 orD4 xx roll toss (36%) --> Waste of METER

So let's all go back to the lab and practice the 40% off of a B3,2 shall we :)

NOTE: I didnt bother to search if this thing has been discovered before. So if it has sorry for the double post.

EDIT: The new 40% does 37% with the JP

It's all good man. I'll definitely add those combos to OP. :)

- JP ~ B3,2 ~ dash 1,1 x Gunshot ~ Dash D4 xx roll toss (35%)
This one is my favorite and I'll have to start practicing it for sure. REO was doing something similar off jump punch.

I think I do way too much resets. Even if ending combos with standing 3 is good in a lot of cases, sometimes it's just so much better to end with Roll like vs Johnny Cage, Jax and Sonya.

I also need to start practicing Baton Sweep setups. I forgot how godlike that move was. :D

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yeah man, im going to start looking into Baton sweep and uppercut finisher as well. I've been think, since now we have 3 high damage combo
(1) JP ~ B1,22 ~ NJP ~ Dash 3 xx EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1,2 xx Roll toss (43%)
(2) JP ~ B2F2 ~ Dash 1,2 xx Gunshot ~ Dash 1,2 xx Roll (40%)
(3) JP ~ B3,2 ~ Dash 1,1 xx EN Gunshot ~ Dash 1,2 Roll Toss (40)

I seriously think that I should go for these more often and start making the opponent respect stryker's combo potentials when he gets in. I dont know about you, but characters in the 40+ damage kinda mess me up psychologically. The likes of Rain, Raiden, especially Ermac usually make me uneasy. What it does to me is that it blocks my ability to actually think of my current situation and come with a decent gameplan. I become more afraid of letting them in (reason why I zone so much) rather than actually trying to get in and return the favor. Maybe showcasing what stryker can do in a match can affect the opponent the same way. Another thing I've noticed, (1) it is soooo much easier to just walk back and forth when counter zoning or defensively than back/forward dashing (I know im late in the game for that one lol). Im still experimenting with it so i'll report on whether I find success with it or not. (2) Stryker has the same potential to do 1X gunshot as a viable AA. Walking around the stage makes it easier to do than dashing (still experimenting as well). If the stryker force can look into these as well maybe we can tap some of the cops hidden potential :)

Wow, my first post really needed some clean up lol. Just so you guys know, I have started editing it. I updated a lot of information (especially about Stryker's normals and special moves). Deleted some silly stuff to prevent confusion.

Still need to update all the combos and go into more detail about certain techs.

I also added the Stryker Academy videos in the first post. Might be easier for new players to get the info like that.

Police Brutality said:
(1) it is soooo much easier to just walk back and forth when counter zoning or defensively than back/forward dashing (I know im late in the game for that one lol). Im still experimenting with it so i'll report on whether I find success with it or not. (2) Stryker has the same potential to do 1X gunshot as a viable AA.
Yeah I noticed the importance of walking when I watched Revolution X. CD brothers use it to its fullest potential. It's really something that's missing from my game.

I just recently realized that Stryker could combo into Roll Toss if an anti-air Gun Shot landed from far away. Both bullets need to hit though. That's something I'll have to start doing more often.

And you're right about standing 1 being viable anti-air. I noticed you can 1,2 xx X-ray for anti-air lol. I still prefer using D4 because I find it easier or safer to land.

EDIT: Finally updated the combo section with new combos and appropriate damage post patch:

Midscreen Combos:

-10 hits 35%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, dash xx :fp, :fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx:d:bk xx Roll Toss
-10 hits 36%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bp
-13 hits 37%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash, :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-12 hits 39%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-13 hits 40%: (jump in punch):l:bp, :r:bp, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-13 hits 40%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, dash xx :fp, :fp xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-12 Hits 41%: (jump in punch) :l:fp :bp :bp, Gun Shot, Dash, :fp :bp, EN Gun Shot, Dash, Uppercut.
-14 hits 41%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash, :fp, :bp, Gun Shot, dash, :fp, :fp xx EN Roll Toss
-13 hits 42%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, dash xx :fp, :fp xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx EN Roll Toss
-14 hits 43%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash xx :fk xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-8 hits 42%: (jump in punch) :l:bp xx X-ray
-8 hits 45%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, X-ray
-10 hits 47%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash, :bp xx X-ray

Wall Combos:

-8 hits 31%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :fp, :fk
-13 hits 39%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :fk
-13 hits 40%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, :bp xx Gun Shot, :fp xx Gun Shot, :d:bp
-13 hits 40%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, :bp xx Gun Shot, :fp xx Gun Shot, :d:bp
-11 hits 41%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp,:d:bp
-16 hits 41%: (jump in punch) :l:bp, :r:bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :fk
-16 hits 43%: (jump in punch) :l:bp, :r:bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot :d:bp
-16 hits 46%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :fk
-18 hits 48%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, FJ :bk, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, :d, :bp
-11 hits 48%: (jump in punch) :l:bp, :r:bp, :fp, :bp xx X-ray
-9 hits 50%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :fp, :bp xx X-ray

Anti-Air Combos:

-3 hits 18%: :bk xx Roll Toss
-3 hits 20%: :bk xx EN Baton Sweep
-7 hits 29%: :bk xx EN Gun Shot, EN Roll Toss
-7 hits 25%::d:fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-6 hits 21%::d:bk xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-7 hits 26%::d:bk xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-11 hits 35%::d:bk xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx EN Gun Shot, EN Roll Toss
-9hits 30%: :fp, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-6 hits 40%: :fp, :bp xx X-ray
-5 hits 20%: (from midscreen to far away) Gun Shot (2 hits), dash xx:d:bk xx Roll Toss
-4 hits 23%: (from far away) Gun Shot (2 hits), EN Roll Toss
-7 hits 27%: (sweep range and closer) Gun Shot (2 hits), dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fk
-7 hits 31%: (sweep range and closer) Gun Shot (2 hits), dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bp
-9 hits 33%: (sweep range and closer) Gun Shot (2 hits), dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss

Air-to-Air Combos:

-2 hits 8%: FJP, dash xx :fk
-5 hits 15%: FJP, dash xx :fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :bk
-4 hits 16%: FJP, dash xx :bk xx Roll Toss (14% for Baton Sweep)
-7 hits 18%: FJP, dash xx :fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-7 hits 18%: FJP, dash xx :fp xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :d :bp

JK Combos:

Good for counter-zoning low projectiles or projectiles that can't be ducked.

-2 hits 15%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :bk
-2 hits 18%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx:d :bp
-4 hits 20%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-4 hits 21%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :d:bk xx EN Baton Sweep

These ones will only work on standing opponents:

-4 hits 24%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :bk xx Roll Toss
-7 hits 27%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :fp xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bp
-9 hits 29%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :fp xx EN Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-8 hits 31%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :fp xx EN Gun Shot, EN Roll Toss

note: The Jump Kick needs to be deep (aim for the knee or lower)

Fishing Combos:

-5 hits 12%: :l:fk xx EN Gun Shot
-2 hits 13%: :l:fk xx Low Grenade
-3 hits 16%: :l:fk xx Roll Toss
-5 hits 12%: :l:bp xx Gun Shot
-4 hits 14%: :l:bp xx Grenade
-4 hits 14%: :l:bp xx Baton Sweep
-5 hits 16%: :l:bp xx Roll Toss
-3 hits 11%: :bp xx Gun Shot
-2 hits 13%: :bp xx Grenade
-2 hits 13%: :bp xx Baton Sweep
-3 hits 16%: :bp xx Roll Toss

Anti-Breaker Combos:

-5 hits 16%: (jump in punch):l:fk xx EN Gun Shot
-4 hits 17%: (jump in punch) :fp, :fp xx EN Grenade
-5 hits 22%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp xx EN Grenade
-6 hits 25%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp xx EN Grenade
-8 hits 42%: (jump in punch) :l:bp xx X-ray
-8 hits 45%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, X-ray

Any combos I'm missing?

Carefoot

s Sheeva combos for 1.05, the best midscreen ex combo, and best wall combo (all characters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MyVNiNeIA2A#t=512s

Sheeva Wall combo for 53% [No data provided by Check, not sure of JIP availblility or if this works on any other cast members]
(b122 kopout wiff xx gunshot xx kopout xx ex gunshot xx kopout xx ex gunshot uppercut)
Not sure if theres room for a JIp at the start of that PM check to see if it will do 55% in the wll with JIP vs Sheeva

Midscreen 45% 1 bar ex
JIP b122 wiff kopout gunshot kopout ex gunshot uppercut

wall 55% 2 bar ex (double uppercut) spacing combo
JIP 1,22 xx uppercut xx kopout xx exgunshot xx kopout xx ex gunshot uppercut

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I will gladly make a quick video of Stryker's main non meter BnB's (just like I did with Johnny Cage below) because if you have this giant list of combos and someone whos completely new to the game/stryker its kind of overwhelming to see a huge list of combos. So what do you guys consider the main non meter BnBs (reset and rolltoss finishes)?

I will gladly make a quick video of Stryker's main non meter BnB's (just like I did with Johnny Cage below) because if you have this giant list of combos and someone whos completely new to the game/stryker its kind of overwhelming to see a huge list of combos. So what do you guys consider the main non meter BnBs (reset and rolltoss finishes)?
That's a good idea and it could help a lot of people actually.

Well.. to narrow it down as much as possible, these are "Stryker's best meterless combos". I really think all of them are important to know and practice:

Midscreen Combos:

-10 hits 35%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, dash xx :fp, :fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx:d:bk xx Roll Toss
-12 hits 39%: (jump in punch) :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :u:bp, dash, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-13 hits 40%: (jump in punch):l:bp, :r:bp, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss

Wall Combos:

-11 hits 41%: (jump in punch) :l:fk, :bp, :l:fp, :bp, :bp, :fp, :bp, :fp, :bp,:d:bp

*only uppercut if it's going to kill. Otherwise, it might be better to deal less damage but keep the opponent cornered.

Anti-Air Combos:

-3 hits 18%: :bk xx Roll Toss
-7 hits 26%::d:bk xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-9hits 30%: :fp, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp, :bp xx Roll Toss
-4 hits 20%: (from max JP distance) Gun Shot (2 hits),dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-9 hits 33%: (sweep range and closer) Gun Shot (2 hits), dash xx :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss

Air-to-Air Combos:

-4 hits 16%: FJP, dash xx :bk xx Roll Toss
-7 hits 18%: FJP, dash xx :fp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss
-9 hits 32%: NJP, dash, :fp, :bp xx Gun Shot, dash xx :fp,:bp xx Roll Toss

JK Combos:

Good for counter-zoning low projectiles or projectiles that can't be ducked.

-4 hits 20%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :d:bk xx Roll Toss

This one only works on standing opponents:

-4 hits 24%: (from far away and closer) FJK, dash xx :bk xx Roll Toss

note: The Jump Kick needs to be deep (aim for the knee or lower)

Would be really awesome if you could put all of these in one video. :) If you can't for whatever reason, no biggie. I guess I could do it.

Reset combos and combos ending with maximum frame advantage are different. You can't always just replace roll toss at the end for a standing 3 or EX baton sweep. That's not going to work. For 3 you want to have maximum stagger and less pushback so you sometimes need to make shorter combos. And for EX baton it all depends on the gravity scaling. These types of combos would probably need a whole different video to cover them (I could work on these).

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Midscreen Combos:

I will be doing these in the video, its kind of hard to show anti airs by myself. This video needs to be just like my cage video. I will also add the B1 22, njp, 2, xray and some of the late JK combos.

EDIT:
If there is any mistakes let me know I did this in about 5 minutes.

It's not really a mistake but you forgot the Roll Toss at the very end. JK xx 4 xx Roll Toss. But it's okay, you got the main ones down. Thanks, I'll update first post and add your video. :)

I'll work on similar vids for his other combos.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Mikemetroid talk about good execution skill :) did he just walk back and forth and do all these timing specific combos like it was nothing? No you didnt :eek:

good stuff man. If my execution skill was half as good as yours I would take my stryker to any tournaments in the world :p

They would call me the "40% stryker" lol. Everytime I land a JP, ppl would be like oh oh here comes another 40% :D

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Mikemetroid talk about good execution skill :) did he just walk back and forth and do all these timing specific combos like it was nothing? No you didnt :eek:

good stuff man. If my execution skill was half as good as yours I would take my stryker to any tournaments in the world :p

They would call me the "40% stryker" lol. Everytime I land a JP, ppl would be like oh oh here comes another 40% :D
Yeah, I've been playing Stryker since launch... I have a good feel for him, its just that there are times in some match ups where I can dodge/block everything but have no real way to attack so I stick with Cage when I go to tournaments, however I do think Stryker will see light very soon... oh and thanks!

Carefoot

Yeah, I've been playing Stryker since launch... I have a good feel for him, its just that there are times in some match ups where I can dodge/block everything but have no real way to attack so I stick with Cage when I go to tournaments, however I do think Stryker will see light very soon... oh and thanks!
Can you make some anti-cage tech for us.

Also I can't do any of these dash d4 rolltoss combos I'm on a hitbox is there something I am missing?

edit: Sad but I need to just sit here in training practice linking d4s into toss x_x when it comes out its smoother than moist prison ass.

edit2: Wait if someone is blocking high and I d4 them does that mean I can take a toss?
edit3: no but you can take a batonsweep

If someone wants to block ambiguously high I guess back 3, d4, sweep doesn't link but its sort of a good way to keep on pressure and albeit relatively unsafe I don't think people will call you on it.

I guess if they don't want to let you do the normal back 3 frame trap its like a boot leg all low pressure version. Also the d4 will make the unsafe 3 safe and the sweep won't come out if the d4 is blocked.

Carefoot said:
Also I can't do any of these dash d4 rolltoss combos I'm on a hitbox is there something I am missing?
They're hard to do. Timing is pretty strict. Don't know which part of the combos give you problem but the jump kick needs to be late and the dash cancel needs to be short. Then you can use negative edge to your advantage to just go from D4 into Roll Toss. (I just press 4 once then just tap B,F)

JK xx D4 xx Roll Toss / EX baton is probably the only one I recommend learning. I abuse it vs characters that like to spam low projectiles. :)

For the other combos it's usually easier (and more damaging) to just end with 1,2 xx Roll.

For Air to Air I just stick with JP xx 4 xx Roll because I drop the other one with D4 too much... It's only a 2% difference anyway so I don't care. I prefer something consistent and reliable than something I'll drop half of the time.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I tried to find a work around to make D4 xx roll toss etc easier, and noticed that DB (down, back) 4 and just press forward 4 does the trick.

I still stick to D4 instead of DB4 but that's something to consider if you are having problem with D4 cancel

Carefoot

"Anti-Cage Tech"

What specifically...?
Guaranteed flash kick baits, and just general ways to trip up his rush down. How can I make Cage fight around me as opposed to be fighting around me I guess is how I would put it.

Or just some things to keep in mind.

ADVICE?

Like if you play Stryker what do you do to cages clearly you'd have some insight.

LEGEND

YES!
build meter and ex roll toss to interrupt his pressure, and as long as you make him fear jump-ins your pokes and footsies should do at least some damage or meter building before he gets in

zoning is the first line of defense though

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Guaranteed flash kick baits, and just general ways to trip up his rush down. How can I make Cage fight around me as opposed to be fighting around me I guess is how I would put it.

Or just some things to keep in mind.

ADVICE?

Like if you play Stryker what do you do to cages clearly you'd have some insight.
I'll tell you what, I'm better at vocalizing strategy/showing it so add me on either PSN or XBL. I use both.