What's new

Video/Tutorial The Kurtis Stryker Guide to Riot Control & Police Brutality

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I like B2, F2. It's safer on block and builds good meter. The problem is it's easy to drop/punish.

They can crouch under your B2 if you don't time your jump punch. And if they block your B2, there's a small annoying gap just before the F2 where they can move. I'm pretty sure some characters could punish you with a 6-8 frame attack.

NRS needs to reduce the start up of B2 and either reduce the gap between B2 and F2 or increase the blockstun of B2.
And don't forget to make it hit crouch opponent despite being a high lol. But I prefer B1,2,2 because I have more option to mixup the opponent. I can either do B1,2xx throw, or check with B1 CC throw, or B1,2xx baton sweep or roll toss (mostly baton sweep though). Like V mentioned, B2 gets punish easily on crouch opponents. By the time F2 or baton sweep comes out, I can eat a nasty uppercut or fast special...the worse part for me is that the animation takes too long, so can't cancel into throw :-(

By the way here is another mixup that I hardly use, 2,3,baton sweep (high,low,low). I was playing vVv krayzie the other day and he did it on me. Thought it was brilliant!!! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Hey guys, my BnB xray combo is B1,2,2...NJP...dash 2 into X-Ray (47% with jp)

the problem with this BnB is that sometimes I try to go for the kill when the opponents health are under 40%, but they have a breaker ready. I sometimes get a breaker during the NJP or the 2 before the xray :-(

So I went into the lab to see if there was a way to make that combo shorter when the opponent has a breaker handy. Bad news, stryker doesnt have that many short options to xray into. Good news, I was able to find two ways to xray into for some decent damage

1. B2 into X-Ray for 45% with jumping punch I think (will try it again and edit later). that one is the safest and easiest to do.

2. B1,2,2 slight pause into Xray (i think that one is the 45% with jp and the first one 42%). the timing on the xray is a bit tight. If you do it too early, stryker will do the block animation. Too late, and the Xray will whiff. Also I am not sure if the opponent can break the B1,2,2.

If you guys know other ways to combo the xray into without the risk of being "breakered" feel free to add your inputs. I will do more research later.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Usually i don´t try X-ray in combos... but when I try, the corner is a great choice. even in B3, 2 you can link...
yeah but you would still have to do a 1,2 after the B3,2 to successfully land the Xray in the corner, no? The 1,2 in between will give them a chance to use the breaker and that's what im trying to avoid :)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
funny...the most elaborate and well done guide on TYM is a stryker guide lol...absolutely love using this character but i just don't see that much potential in him.

Props on the guide, very neat and well done.

I try what you said policeB, but i think is impossible a X-ray "unbreakble". X isn´t fast enough to link with pistol, even in the corner.
Anyway, I find one to link in "<2, >2."

FJP - <2, >2 - dash - 1 X-ray < A little harder, miss sometimes. Starting with "<1, 2, 2" is better because is a hit confirm.

Okay, I just realized that some JK combos I posted earlier (to beat low projectiles and D4s) are character specific or harder to do on some characters with smaller hittable boxes.

For this reason, I recommend only using JK, dash xx uppercut or 4. Deals a little less damage than D1 xx Roll Toss but it's extremely easy to do + works on everyone I'm pretty sure.

Another reason I recommend doing JK xx uppercut instead is because JK xx D1 xx roll toss is very easy to drop because of negative edge (a low grenade or gun shot comes out :/ ).

Yeah I did it 3 times in a row vs Mileena yesterday. I'm assuming it's the same for Sonya's D4. Though JK xx dash xx 4 is easier.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Someone already find an utility for <2, 1 ?? "The heat"
isn't 'the heat" unsafe on block? other than being another tool to create distance between you and the opponent, I think that one might be a worthless string. I guess one of us should try to use it as a BnB for a full day and see what comes out of it :)

RamenO

It Stinks!
Well, I think I found a nasty reset with Stryker in the corner. This might have been said before, so apologies if it has.

B3, 2 -> 1, 2 xx Gunshot -> 1, 2 xx EN Gunshot -> 3
44%(with a jump in punch, 41% otherwise) and it leaves them in a standing state with the stagger for a few seconds. If the opponent isn't expecting it, you can loop the B3, 2 or try going for a B1, 2, 2. If you really want to keep them honest with block you can attempt at B2 combo starter. If everything goes right, you can potentially do upwards of 70% for only 1 meter. It's risky, but worth it, even if they don't fall for the reset as it denies them a wake up in the corner.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yeah I knew about that one :) the timing on the standing 3 is a bit stricked tho. I was rather go for a B3 check after the reset. If they block it, then go into throw...if not then continue with 2 hehe. I have a lot of trouble linking the 1,2xx EN gunshot :-(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I admit I've never tried that one with the EN gunshot. I might try it out. Looks flashy. :)

But the standing 3 reset is SSOOOOOO good. I love it. I've developed a very aggressive playstyle lately and I think it works very well. I'm actually surprised at how good Stryker's offense can be. I sometimes deal 70% damage in 10 seconds via 3 resets, or 40% with only frame traps. It's pretty awesome.

News (mine, of course) :D...
Guys, I improve some combos, now my main is 37%... :'(.
But that´s nothing. I discover Stryker can be a devil in punishments. Starting with pistol as anti-air, can lead to a safe 29% and a good 33% (little drop risk). Jump is not more an option to the enemies, lol. I´m uploading another videos, but i´ll post one as example os this.

Here it is:

Unfortunetly, i don´t know how edit, so i can just post the entire match.
Well, the pistol punishment is more clear at 3rd round, togheter with new combo :D.

Another thing I learned. Jump defensively is very usefull too... in jump, when you´re get hit, you star to fall faster. A good example, is being hit by Liu Kang <3 1 2 in air. He won´t do 30% if i´m correct. Also, a good way to avoid frame trap, you still take a little damage, but it´s nothing compared with a frame trap to hit - defend - hit - defend. Stay on ground when hitted is usefull to. Thx.

Wow, that's actually very cool. Can't believe I never thought of it myself.

33% meterless anti-air? Good stuff. I'll practice that one for sure, it's a must vs Kano, CSZ, Kitana, Sonya and Jax.

The best part about it is that Stryker has some set ups to bait jump ins with gun cancels.

Hello Guys, this is my first post and if this already exists then excuse me i didnt found it on the forum. My main is Sub Zero and now I try to scratch the surface in playing the Game in depth.

at first sorry for my bad english but I have some questions about Stryker. Vulcan inspired me to pick them up and test a little bit his playstyle. I like is low-overhead string because you need to have advanced block abilities. But it seems that I´m to stupid for Stryker Combos. I can´t find a timing for doing b+3 2 dash 22 Gunshot. Does anybody have tipps for the timing. After b+32, I input the dash when 2 hits and then 22 normaly hits but the gunshot comes only random. Either i´m to fast or i´m to slow. Stryker combos are very strict in my opinion, Sub Zero is much easier to combo.

The reason why i´ve choosen Stryker is, i´m looking for a 2nd main. Because Sub have some bad matchups.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Hello Guys, this is my first post and if this already exists then excuse me i didnt found it on the forum. My main is Sub Zero and now I try to scratch the surface in playing the Game in depth.

at first sorry for my bad english but I have some questions about Stryker. Vulcan inspired me to pick them up and test a little bit his playstyle. I like is low-overhead string because you need to have advanced block abilities. But it seems that I´m to stupid for Stryker Combos. I can´t find a timing for doing b+3 2 dash 22 Gunshot. Does anybody have tipps for the timing. After b+32, I input the dash when 2 hits and then 22 normaly hits but the gunshot comes only random. Either i´m to fast or i´m to slow. Stryker combos are very strict in my opinion, Sub Zero is much easier to combo.

The reason why i´ve choosen Stryker is, i´m looking for a 2nd main. Because Sub have some bad matchups.
Hey man welcome to testyourmight and the stryker forum :)
As far as B3,2 goes, there are different ways to land it. The easiest that I can think of is after a jumping punch or cross jumping punch. It also works on block because the opponent gets lock down by the stun from the jumping punch. Other ways to landing is after a gun cancel when within the right range. I am also assuming that you meant 1,1 gunshot after the B3,2 instead of 2,2 gunshot. There is no real easy way to explain this at least for me, but you will have to do the 1,1 gunshot in one motion or commit to it. You cant hit confirm the 1,1 and then do gunshot. You can also do B3,2..dash 1 xx gunshot (I believe it does the same damage as 1,1 gunshot). I find it easier that way and for some reason the second hit of 1,1 whiffs at times. So play it safe and do just 1 xx gunshot after the B3,2.

I try to refrain from commenting on stryker's matchups because I have yet to play stryker at the level that I would want to. I know ppl place stryker in the lowest tier because they havent figured him out all that well. Beside a few draw back like a viable wakeup move, and close up mixup, I think stryker is a viable character and can win tournaments. The thing is that your percentage of allowed mistakes in a game is very slim..i would say you are allowed one mistake per match, if you go over 3 get ready to hate the game lol (jk about hating the game). But what im trying to say is that stryker is by no means an easy win character. You have to work HARD and learn/know how to condition the opponent to play the way you want him to play. If you think sub has a hard time against certain characters, well im sorry but (im speaking for myself here) stryker has even a HARDER time against 2/3 or the cast..mainly rushdown and counter zoners in my opinion. The beauty with stryker is that when you win with him, there is no greater feeling in the world because (1) you obviously know what you are doing (2) You have successfully read/reacted to the opponent's game, and (3) he is freaking stryker lol

Dang I think I went off on a tangent here lol

- so yeah after B3,2 just dash and do a 1 gunshot or roll toss/baton sweep or even standing 3 for reset
- Again from my experience stryker is gonna have to work twice as hard as sub for certain matchups
- Stryker is fun to play, I will definitely recommend picking him up. We all here in the stryker forum will try to help in anyway we can. So feel free to spam the "ask stryker thread" with questions

thx for this kind welcome, i will do some further practice sessions and I hope I will get a feeling for the Stryker Combos

Of course, I meant 11 instead of 22. Was my fault. Now I will have a closer look at the "ask Stryker" Thread

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
thx for this kind welcome, i will do some further practice sessions and I hope I will get a feeling for the Stryker Combos

Of course, I meant 11 instead of 22. Was my fault. Now I will have a closer look at the "ask Stryker" Thread
if you are on PSN and have a mic you can add me pmarc82. I dont mind helping you train :)