What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
After watching a few fights, I noticed the loading screen between rounds is a lot shorter than KoF13. It was a big momentum killer in 13 when you had a 10 second loading screen, then a 3 second round, then another 10 second loading screen. Maybe this is a benefit of them going fully 3D over sprites...

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Wow Benimaru looks really good. I was thinking due to how meh Kyo and Iori look, his model was also going to suffer. Nope, he actually looks pretty great, and I'm diggin' the new threads.

B E N I B O Y Z

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
B E N I B O Y Z

Also, Robert looks pretty good with his new mustache.

The character leak holds true so far:

• China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Well outside of Angel everyone revealed so far were all staples in the series. Once they add Ramon or Tung I'll believe that leak.
The leak guessing the roster number tho is what's scary so far coz it's a super weird number considering KoF is a 3 man team game but we'll see.

Beni looks really fluid and animates smoothly, if they get everyone to his level and work a bit on lighting and textures we'll be golden. I'm still super hopeful but it is worrying seeing main characters being revealed and still looking basic with no shading and having missing frames and shit, makes me doubt their "70% complete" statement about the game.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan

Also, Robert looks pretty good with his new mustache.

The character leak holds true so far:

• China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)

haketh

Noob
Really wish Beni still had his leopard print crop top, that shit was fire. His model looks good but man he's not as stylish as he usually is, a little to masculine in style right now.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Very little knowledge of KOF, but Beni is one of the few characters I know of and liked a lot.

I know the internet is kinda dog piling on it for its graphics, but I don't really mind.
I do think the hit reactions when in hit stun look kinda off though, which is pronounced during Roberts kick nonsense.

ErMac333

Noob
Well Robert's model looks as bad as the new Leona design. K' and Beni are actually cool though. Waiting for some King gameplay!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Well outside of Angel everyone revealed so far were all staples in the series. Once they add Ramon or Tung I'll believe that leak.
The leak guessing the roster number tho is what's scary so far coz it's a super weird number considering KoF is a 3 man team game but we'll see.

Beni looks really fluid and animates smoothly, if they get everyone to his level and work a bit on lighting and textures we'll be golden. I'm still super hopeful but it is worrying seeing main characters being revealed and still looking basic with no shading and having missing frames and shit, makes me doubt their "70% complete" statement about the game.
They also successfully predicted the Prisoner Chang outfit. All signs are pointing to the leak being accurate.

I think the game looks really good so far. Visually it's average but clean looking. Mechanically, it's my most anticipated fighting game.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Another rumor post from this dude on reddit named mysterious_snk_man:

• New trailers planned one before Evo and another specifically for Evo.
  • Cinematic trailer will be highlighting Terry Bogard, Geese Howard, Newcomers, and be completely different from the others. As in no "Yagami you basard" intro then Kyo and Iori fight exactly the same as every trailer then revealing new characters.
  • SNKP will have a booth at Evo this year with the game playable. It will be a newer build with more than 6 characters.
  • 98FE and the PC Port of 97 are being looked into for a PS4 Release.
  • An exhibition is being planned for Evo as well as an announcement of a KoF League similar to the ones that Capcom and Team Ninja have been doing.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Teaser 4 vs Teaser 5

From what I can tell mostly lighting improvements.

Also, from The MadMan'sCafe who summarized the recent TaiPai Game Show demo:

Producer Oda:

- "We're going to have 50 characters from launch, which is the most that the series has had. We've been having a crazy time making them."

- "As for the online, we want to polish it up and make it high quality while keeping in mind the issues that our past releases in the series have had."

- "The Ash chapter has reached its conclusion and XIV is going to be a new saga. Please look forward to the returning popular characters as well as the new characters and how they will get involved."

- "We're planning a gallery mode that features past artworks from the series, and we think everyone will be happy at the volume [of contents] in KOFXIV."

- "SNK has been out of game production after KOFXIII. We're starting off from scratch again, so we're taking this as a new challenge and stepping into a new direction (with XIV)."

- "We've assembled a new team of developers [for the creation of XIV], but we're completely starting off from scratch and building up knowledge. We're experiencing the hardships of creating something new and it's been pretty tough. (laughs)"

- "We hope to [have XIV] participate in various tournaments both large and small. It's something we'll need to think about."

- "We've been talking inside the company about hosting our own original tournament, but there's nothing solid to talk about for now."

- "We're working on XIV so that it'll be a very balanced game from launch, but we'll consider updates later on while checking on the reaction of players."

- "We've announced 3 new characters this time for Taipei Game Show, but we'll be releasing more info to come. Please look forward."

- When asked whether there's plans to hold an online popularity vote on what characters that fans want in the game, Oda replied: "You mean in the default 50, or as additional characters? Well it sounds interesting! We'll give it a thought."

Explanations on XIV's character concepts for those who've already been playable at the stage floor:

- Kula, Leona, and Iori are designed to play pretty similarly to previous iterations.

- Andy has some changes from the past; for example, he has a new twirling move in the air done by down and fierce kick.

- Kyo is likewise a bit different from before, and he has a new low-hit move available for his Rekkas.

Other notes:

- The meters are kept simple in XIV and this isn't going to change in the final product.

- During the presentation, Oda plays a bit himself, which can be viewed in Twitch's presentation archive.

- The Chinese language version of KOF14 was announced. It is likewise slated for 2016.

- The build shown at the Taipei Game Show presentation was in Chinese, but it featured the same roster from December's showing in LA.

- The slideshow shown during presentation said 無需追加DL which has the words"free" and "DL" in them, but it simply means that the 50 characters are available by default and there's no need to buy them as DL add-ons.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
User solidshark posted these basic controls from the PSX build in the dreamcancel forums. Not sure if anything changed for the Taipei build.

BASIC CONTROLS
Dash - Tap quickly :r:r
Backstep - Tap quickly :l:l
Evasive Roll - :l or :r + A+B
Recovery Roll - :l or :r + A+B (after knockdown, before hitting the ground)
Blowback Attack - C+D
Max Mode Activation - B+C (requires 1 power stock)
Max Mode Activation (quick) - Tap B+C during an attack cancel
Rush - when close, mash A
EX Moves - Available only during Max Mode

Good to know if you ever come across a build in the next few months.