What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Just watched the video. Can't wait to play this on my phone!

(but seriously, this is a bit disappointing for me because I played a LOT of KOF XIII)

((but this video was probably created with the game being in pre-alpha stage, so I'm still hopeful))

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
KoF13 is probably the game I have spent the most amount of time playing in my entire life. I have never played against another person, I have never labbed anything, I can't do combos, and I still can't pull off half the casts' super moves. The game is just ridiculously stylish. KoF14 doesn't seem to have that style I love so much.

I feel like I just watched a puppy I loved and cared for get hit by a semi. He's still alive, but he's all gross and mangled. I say, "Hey. The vets said you're still in pre-alpha, but I don't know if you can be salvaged. Even if you do end up looking alright, you still wouldn't be as perfect as you were. I loved you. I really did, but you're not the same anymore. You're just not the puppy I adopted." And then the puppy recovered, moved to Japan, got hired by SNK, and made the shittiest fucking 3D models I've ever seen.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
KOFXIII must have been insanely expensive to make with those beautiful 2D sprites and animation. I don't really agree with going with cheap looking 3D instead; but if it gets the job done then whatever.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I was hype when I saw the title, until I clicked the trailer. Never had my hype die for a game so fast.

I used to be in the camp "if it plays well, then who cares about the graphics?" But seriously, I don't think I'd be able to look at this for hours.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Cant watch right now but I'm super hyped. Glad I got a ps4. The thing I'm most curious about is what new thing they're gonna do and if they develop anything with casuals in mind.

Matix218

Get over here!
Never played a kof game before and don't plan on playing one in the future, especially after watching that video...

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
You guys are saying give it time, but c'mon now, this is SNK, the Pachinko Gods. Like I said, looks worst than Maximum Impact.
If gameplay is good I won't care though.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I never liked those asian pop star lookalike characters ala Final Fantasy. This really hurts man, :(.

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
I wonder if the the choice to use 3D models wasn't just because of development cost, but market share as well. 3D models are present in all of the big 2D games right now: MKX, KI, SFIV/V, MvC, etc. This may be an attempt (I'm not saying a particularly great one) at trying to bring KoF to a larger audience instead of being considered an anime fighter. Regardless of how it plays, in my experience anime fighters are the hardest to get going in a fighting group. (except for P4A, that game is awesome!)