What's new

The Joker Gameplay Trailer

Comments

He's going to be a pain in the ass to fight against with that reach of his. Interested in seeing how comparable the frame data is with Shao Kahn.

He looks fun, but this DC shit is too out of place in the MK Universe. Darkseid Geras looks super corny

Fair enough...I don't see how tekken high lvl movement is any different compared to Kotal shufflin across the screen doin some kind of meme dance yet to be invented. I am also partial to MK tho, grew up with it.
then you must not play or watch a lot of tekken. mk movement is not even close to tekken movement

then you must not play or watch a lot of tekken. mk movement is not even close to tekken movement
I play an assload of tekken and have all my life. But wave dashing in any game consists of cancelling an animation and restarting it which looks retarded. Lets not pretend any other way. Lots of my tekken friends when I try to introduce mk to them do you know what they say? Man this games looks hella dumb with the amount of d1/d3 that is happening (this is for sure 100% true. Have you every witnessed a fight where one of the dudes repeatedly goes to a position where he would not be unless hes tying his shoes and throw a straight punch into someones knee?). When it comes down to it, its all about whether or not your having fun. Wavedashing adds an element to gameplay but it always looks hella dumb.
look how stupid some of these look lol.

That's the kind of trailer that gets me hype and back into the game again.

I hope the jack in the box reset setup they did early in the trailer is something worth using. DC costumes are sick.

He has Bo Rai Cho's F3! Except I think he can special cancel it? Shang has it too but his is a knockdown. I'll play anyone with that F3.

I legit laughed when I saw him winding the explosive jack in the box.

Wheelchair animations were whack though haha

I also think the animation team needs to be reigned in a little. The moves take too long and some of them are so overwhelming implausible that they are jarring.

He takes out like 8 feet long boxing gloves and then immediately dissolves them into his pocket, i think i saw a random chair manifest itself from the ether in one move.

I know NRS has been doing the "joker takes implausibly large things out of his jacket" routine for 3 games but in a game that looks so realistic it feels uncanny. It'd be better for more cartoony design.
I agree, there's some poor decision making with some of the animations in this game. Like okay, Joker using some inmate guy on a wheelchair as a weapon is a neat idea, but were they surprised when they had to speed up the animation 7x? Are they not bothered but how jarring it is?

Another one was that one throw KB that Terminator has where the opponent breaks their neck on the ground and then bounces up like a trampoline, like I'm okay with moon physics for combos but that just looked dumb. Another is Kotal's saw cut where the opponent just flies away all ragdoll after being sliced, remember the satisfying knockdown animation he had in MKX? The actual animations here are well made(at least before speeding them up) but are poorly conceived.

And it's one thing when Kung Lao's hat magically comes back after throwing it. We want to play a fun game and will accept a bit of "it's a video game", people aren't going to have their immersion broken by the inclusion of health bars. But there's a point where what's happening on screen is jarring and breaks the cohesion/tone of the game.

Every tekken game I play feels the same like I've been on that ride before, with mk sf, smash etc I feel like theres always something new to get used to.

But yeah joker looks fun though he seems a bit slow and wonky with some moves, hopefully he wont suffer from that but well see.

Geras getting Darkseid skin is appropriate since the dude is God tier.

I dont question vid game logic I mean it's a video game who cares how joker pulls out a glove or wheelchair? Maybe being in mku Grant's him some magic. I mean in tekken how and why do animals fight using martial arts again? In smash why dont kirby just eat everyone? Sf Ryu and ken need to focus a bit to shoot hadokens but in game can shoot them endlessly? Raiden should one shot just about everyone yet they nerf his power most of the time? Women fighting in high heels totally realistic....lol

Point is it's a video game, fiction, who cares just have fun. Does anyone play games for realism? I sure as hell dont. Sports games being an exception and even they aren't fully 100% realistic

Last edited:
Back again from the Injustice 2 forums, lads. Ready to rep this character again. Hopefully, we're a lot better now this time.

Even better than MK9 Freddy going "shh" like a creepy pedo before backstabbing you?
Lmao man I wish they would have made freddy do the long tongue behind them in their ear during that would have been the cherry on top as a nod to the first freddy part when he talks to nancy on the phone lol

Damn, Joker overshadowed by all these skins makes me sad.

But more I watch his trailer more I like him. There's only one thing I don't like and that's the name. Why THE Joker? It sounds weird when announcer says The Joker wins.

I play an assload of tekken and have all my life. But wave dashing in any game consists of cancelling an animation and restarting it which looks (soap bar in my mouth). Lets not pretend any other way. Lots of my tekken friends when I try to introduce mk to them do you know what they say? Man this games looks hella dumb with the amount of d1/d3 that is happening (this is for sure 100% true. Have you every witnessed a fight where one of the dudes repeatedly goes to a position where he would not be unless hes tying his shoes and throw a straight punch into someones knee?). When it comes down to it, its all about whether or not your having fun. Wavedashing adds an element to gameplay but it always looks hella dumb.
look how stupid some of these look lol.
those are just mechanics of fighting games discovered by the players. there are a lot of fighting games with wavedashing. it's pointless trying to argue how it looks because it's just one of many things that could be part of the core depth of a fighting game. wavedashing in tekken at least looks more better. can't throw real life logic in there. the d1/d3 in mk is just a product of bad game design

is there a kombat kast coming soon?
Trailer was the same day as Sindel's so I'm guessing it will be the same with Kombat Kast which means Thursday. But it will definitely be next week, konfirmed by Tyler Lansdown on Twitter.

I wonder if Noob's mouth moves in that costume, or if it's just a mask
Good question, in the comics it's not a mask that's his actual face if it's a mask then NRS screwed that up technically but still the outfit is amazing as that's The Batman who laughs from the comics for those wondering not familiar. He's a twisted version of Batman/Joker from the Dark Multiverse. He actually was Batman who killed the Joker by snapping his neck but the Joker had a backup plan for anyone close to him while he dies for more than a few seconds poisons and trasnforms them into him essentially lol. It was pretty messed up early on he goes back to the Batcave, invites the Batfamily then shoots them all in the head and chest killing them all and turning into the Joker aka The Batman Who laughs

I
Good question, in the comics it's not a mask that's his actual face if it's a mask then NRS screwed that up technically but still the outfit is amazing as that's The Batman who laughs from the comics for those wondering not familiar. He's a twisted version of Batman/Joker from the Dark Multiverse. He actually was Batman who killed the Joker by snapping his neck but the Joker had a backup plan for anyone close to him while he dies for more than a few seconds poisons and trasnforms them into him essentially lol. It was pretty messed up early on he goes back to the Batcave, invites the Batfamily then shoots them all in the head and chest killing them all and turning into the Joker aka The Batman Who laughs
IF it is a mask then nether realm was just lazy!

I
IF it is a mask then nether realm was just lazy!
Considering we see a Krushing Blow hit Noob's normal face in the trailer, I'm guessing the mouth doesn't move on the mask.
Which I'm fine with. I don't see it being lazy at all. It's a highly requested skin, and honestly it'll probably be even creepier with the mouth motionless.