What's new

The Joker Gameplay Trailer

Comments

There better be some trap shit going on... couldn’t really tell from that trailer what some of those specials were.
I saw a couple that could be used as traps if he's got the right kind of knockdowns into them.

At 0:26 or so he uses a move that delays and comes down on the opponent. If it tracks/is an overhead you could do some htb shenanigans. If it doesn't track, but you can make it hit meaty from a knockdown, you can put yourself in a situation to deal with wakeup options very well. Especially if it's a combo starter, which wasn't clear since he just walked up and threw.

Launching exploding gift on the ground at 0:42. Similar to Red Hood's mine maybe?

There was also a special with a gas can that when amplified left a fire puddle on the ground at 1:13

Depending on how they work, all of these could provide some form of setup potential.

His animations on specials looked long throws looked long. This looks like he could be annoying. Also I don't understand the hysteria around the character, it's been 3 games they've done him and he has a bunch of moves from previous titles.

He looks okay, but a lot of his animations seem really long and nothing really stood out as too crazy. I don't feel like I have to pick up MK11 again just to play this character, or anything like that.

Baraka as Killer Croc is really cool, though.

I will come back for joker just cuz I put an assload of hours in inj2 playing him. People are saying woo so glad he got a redesign but from this trailer i honestly can't tell if he did. Could be the same shit with just completely different animations (pls god). As you see he has an exploding ex projectile and some kind of explosive with a timer. But its also possible its completely different and hes lame as fuck with no tech to be found after 30 min (back to tekken).

I saw a couple that could be used as traps if he's got the right kind of knockdowns into them.

At 0:26 or so he uses a move that delays and comes down on the opponent. If it tracks/is an overhead you could do some htb shenanigans. If it doesn't track, but you can make it hit meaty from a knockdown, you can put yourself in a situation to deal with wakeup options very well. Especially if it's a combo starter, which wasn't clear since he just walked up and threw.

Launching exploding gift on the ground at 0:42. Similar to Red Hood's mine maybe?

There was also a special with a gas can that when amplified left a fire puddle on the ground at 1:13

Depending on how they work, all of these could provide some form of setup potential.
ya but its a trailer...the hit into those moves could be part of it like some stupid long as all hell animation who knows.

YALL SEE HOW BIG THOSE BOXING GLOVE NORMALS WERE THO HOLY SHIT
you can't forget there are custom moves
This.
On the one hand, I get the feeling those extendo gloves are going to be variation specific, like Scorpion's chain whip specials or Jade's extra strings.
On the other hand, there are plenty of long reaching normals in this game (Sindel F2, Nightwolf F2, Baraka F4, so on), so it could go the other way and Joker could have them across the board, which would be great.

I am hopeful that he's fun enough to pick up. I've been waiting for Joker in an MK game for a very long time (even though my #1 hope for a DC crossover is Doomsday), and none of the DLC so far have been very earth shaking (hahaha), so I want him to be as busted as possible.

I can't figure out what archetype Joker is, I mean I'm sure each variation will have a good mix of moves but doesn't seem rushdown, yet not quite zoney 100% either and def not a grappler. I guess we'll find out in due time once we get to play him.

I think lookwise, moves wise and lore wise with Noob's Batman who laughs, Baraka's Killer Croc and Kitana's Catwoman outfits were nice nods. Lot of people reacting who don't know the batman who laughs are like "wow that's a sick costume!" lol on YT reactions I love it haha. And Darkseid for Geras, appropriate since he's Godtier haha :D

there is like 0 hype for mk11 right now , it sucks that Tekken,SF and Smash are taking so much of a spot right now. i really feel like mk11 is such a better game than all of them.

im happy for the joker he looks dope and hes really a Sonicfox character its like they though about him while designing him.

I hope he's not as gimmicky as he looks. It looks like he's gonna be getting hit out of a lot of trap moves. Is it terrible that i miss chattering teeth already?

I also think the animation team needs to be reigned in a little. The moves take too long and some of them are so overwhelming implausible that they are jarring.

He takes out like 8 feet long boxing gloves and then immediately dissolves them into his pocket, i think i saw a random chair manifest itself from the ether in one move.

I know NRS has been doing the "joker takes implausibly large things out of his jacket" routine for 3 games but in a game that looks so realistic it feels uncanny. It'd be better for more cartoony design.

there is like 0 hype for mk11 right now , it sucks that Tekken,SF and Smash are taking so much of a spot right now. i really feel like mk11 is such a better game than all of them.

im happy for the joker he looks dope and hes really a Sonicfox character its like they though about him while designing him.
I was on board until you said MK11 was better than tekken 7. Cmon now bro....
Edit: I also enjoy mk11 and it seemed off to a decent start with interest from pros in lots of non NRS scenes but I think they really really took it a step too far as far as watering gameplay down / removing any possibility to find dirt for sake of accessability and balance. That and also NRS seems to prioritize fixing hitbox / hurtbox /wonky ass shit at the bottom of their list. This stuff makes people kinda easy to walk away from the game imo. Its still a great game (and I am not among the crowd complaining combos don't take 15 minutes) but I feel those things affected the current state of hype more than the presence of other dope games.

Last edited:
I was on board until you said MK11 was better than tekken 7. Cmon now bro....
for me Mk11 is better than Tekken7 by far , the mouvement in tekken7 looks silly as fuck at high level and the impacts sounds of hits etc.. even the visuals its just doesnt click also im not a huge fan of 3d fighters its just my opinion.

for me Mk11 is better than Tekken7 by far , the mouvement in tekken7 looks silly as fuck at high level and the impacts sounds of hits etc.. even the visuals its just doesnt click also im not a huge fan of 3d fighters its just my opinion.
After playing mk11 the impact sounds of tekken did sound rather "tin cannish" but the run of tekken 7 has had some amazing ass stories and hype as hell tournaments. Qudans returning/Lil majin almost winning evo (lolz)Arslan Ash... wild ass stuff and all the announcements are sooo well done. If you don't play tekken youtube qudans returns or lil majin evo run.

After playing mk11 the impact sounds of tekken did sound rather "tin cannish" but the run of tekken 7 has had some amazing ass stories and hype as hell tournaments. Qudans returning/Lil majin almost winning evo (lolz)Arslan Ash... wild ass stuff and all the announcements are sooo well done. If you don't play tekken youtube qudans returns or lil majin evo run.
of course i know of them , i follow the scene im very passionate about the FGC i even watch smash top 8 even though i hate the game and dont play it. my favorite Tekken player is arslan for his style and mindset and also he play Geese one of my favorite fighting game character ever. MK always been special for me and i just feel like the game as a whole and what it offers content and quality there is no challenger.

of course i know of them , i follow the scene im very passionate about the FGC i even watch smash top 8 even though i hate the game and dont play it. my favorite Tekken player is arslan for his style and mindset and also he play Geese one of my favorite fighting game character ever. MK always been special for me and i just feel like the game as a whole and what it offers content and quality there is no challenger.
Fair enough...I don't see how tekken high lvl movement is any different compared to Kotal shufflin across the screen doin some kind of meme dance yet to be invented. I am also partial to MK tho, grew up with it.