What's new

The House of El : (1.06) Superman General Discussion Thread

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Ok so I've been experimenting with the unfreeze of MB breath. I think I finally perfected it as it works on all characters although for small characters you need to use the cross up j3 way early.
So its any bnb combo, end in MB breath, dash up, wait for them to start unfreezing and jump forward into a divebomb or j3. Let me know why you guys think. :)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
For shits and giggles, my day two Superman combo (it's so shit lol).

Edit:

The only Supes vortex I know is in the corner and it's day one stuff.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
For shits and giggles, my day two Superman combo (it's so shit lol).

Edit:

The only Supes vortex I know is in the corner and it's day one stuff.
My first time touching supes was around toryuken of last year. I couldn't f23 combo, kept dropping it.Too used to the mk mid combo dash, lulz

DarksydeDash

Hes gone now but seriously..wtf? The guy thinks there were camouflaged people in his backyard spying on him. >.<

DarksydeDash

Ok so I got a question to my Supe bros: What are your inputs for an IA dash? I buffer it when I hit my opponent but its really hard to get it consistently. :\
Also to MF Slayer, I noticed you d1 after f23xxtrait, does that lead into any trades or do you get the advantage?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
So wait, is it possible to do this off a stage bounce so we can preserve meter? Also do the crossup properties stay in the corner?

Yes, I've done it in Fortress of Solitude with the laser, I'll test with bounces.

Yes, but it's trickier in the corner as the height to hit the dive changes since you're not getting a full dash.

Edit: Okay, just tried with bounce interactibles and it might be even better to do it this way. When you F3 off a bounce interactible then the height the opponent bounces depends on the height they got hit with the F3. If you do it too low then they bounce low and you can't dash under. Funny thing is that doing the F3 and then attempting the setup, regardless of how they bounce, results in the divebomb OTG working. So, whether you cross under or not, you still get the crossup Divebomb OTG doing the exact same inputs.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Any tips for the hawkgirl matchup? Seems very difficult. PLayed like 40 games with Espio and I was pretty clueless.
The best thing is to use heat zap to build meter while she is flying and try to hit her on the way down otherwise you can always dash up and hit her with a j2 for throwing a wrongly read mace toss.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
i dont play too much superman but i was playing a zatana and I was in the corner. i either did d1 scoop or a wake up scoop i forgot. after that i did f2 superman punch and the punch crossed up so THEY were in corner. i went and practice and couldn't duplicate this. has anyone ever had this happen or know about this because imo this seems pretty good. instead of rising grab u can just reverse superman punch to keep pressure.

Hades

Noob
So ive just picked up supes as a secondary to green lantern and im wondering how well does he do against sinestro, raven and zatanna?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So ive just picked up supes as a secondary to green lantern and im wondering how well does he do against sinestro, raven and zatanna?
superman tends to struggle against true zoners (like the ones you mentioned). They are not unwinnable by any stretch however, just know that these matches tend to be tough. Raven and Sinestro you can even out the match if you take them to the corner and contain them. You cannot contain Zatanna however, this match is more difficult.