What's new

The House of El : (1.06) Superman General Discussion Thread

I was wondering can someone explain to me how to make Superman's divebomb cross up in the corner consistently. Lets say I do a basic divebomb set up such as
f23 3 heat zap 3 mb breath nj3 f2 scoop 1, how quickly should I do the divebomb to make it cross up. Trying it in practice mode feels completely random when the divebomb will cross up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, so I did some testing and it seems( I could definitely be wrong here) that on some stages the divebomb after a combo will never cross up.

For example if you do f23 3 trait 3 mb breath nj3 f2 scoop 1 divebomb on a map like metropolis streets the divebomb will never cross up. However, on a stage like Themyscira I can get the divebomb to cross up 100% of the time on both corners.

Can anyone confirm this for me, it could be just be that my execution is off but I'm am fairly confident that the divebomb will not crossup on metropolis steets and possibly other stages.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Alright, so I did some testing and it seems( I could definitely be wrong here) that on some stages the divebomb after a combo will never cross up.

For example if you do f23 3 trait 3 mb breath nj3 f2 scoop 1 divebomb on a map like metropolis streets the divebomb will never cross up. However, on a stage like Themyscira I can get the divebomb to cross up 100% of the time on both corners.

Can anyone confirm this for me, it could be just be that my execution is off but I'm am fairly confident that the divebomb will not crossup on metropolis steets and possibly other stages.
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. most times if you wanna cross up , you have to press up-forward before you divebomb and it will cross up I'll have to test on metropolis but I don't think that is stage specific.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. most times if you wanna cross up , you have to press up-forward before you divebomb and it will cross up I'll have to test on metropolis but I don't think that is stage specific.
Agreed, you can hold up-back for same side or up-forward for crossup.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
It's easier off of certain strings. Like 3~trait it's easier to crossup with, but if you can ud3 fast enough, it won't. 223 you can consistently (well I can idk) choose whether to crossup or not. Depends on the setup

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I'm still trying to find a way to keep pressure midscreen. I've been doing more standing 3's into trait, I've been canceling a lot more F3's to try to bait them and see what they do, and more F2's into trait. Definitely have to think a lot more now. I definitely think he's become a wiff punisher more than anything.

Also, F2D13 has never come out on block. I don't know why the frame data shows advantage on block for that.
F2 TRAIT AND F2 BREATHE 111 TRAIT 3 TRAIT 22 TRAIT (IF DOES NOT WHIFF ON LOW HITBOXES)

DarksydeDash

I'm trying to figure out how to make the dash cross up or not cross up without being obvious.
To make it stay on the same side you delay the forward dash after the MB breath, to make it cross up you have no delay on the dash. Btw I should mention there is no IA dashing its just a neutral jump and a forward air dash when you they unfreeze.

Endeavor

To make it stay on the same side you delay the forward dash after the MB breath, to make it cross up you have no delay on the dash. Btw I should mention there is no IA dashing its just a neutral jump and a forward air dash when you they unfreeze.
So its just neutral jump and forward dash after breath?

THIS CHARACTER IS ASS AND NOT DROPPING HIM NOW WOULD BE A BIGGER MISTAKE THAN [ICKNG HIM UP. HE HAS NO MIXUPS NO PRESSURE NO CHIP AND GETS BODIED BY AQUAMAN, RAVEN,ZOD,MARTIAN,BATMAN, AND A FEW OTHERS.

xQUANTUMx

THIS CHARACTER IS ASS AND NOT DROPPING HIM NOW WOULD BE A BIGGER MISTAKE THAN [ICKNG HIM UP. HE HAS NO MIXUPS NO PRESSURE NO CHIP AND GETS BODIED BY AQUAMAN, RAVEN,ZOD,MARTIAN,BATMAN, AND A FEW OTHERS.
Yet without fail you keep playing him. #folly
:p

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Superman4Lyfe!!!! AND YOU KNOW THIS......MANG!!!!!

THE ONLY REASON I AM STILL PLAYING HIM IS BECAUSE THERES NOT MANY LEFT AND HE HAS TO BE REPRESENTED. EVEN KDZ AND FRANTASTIC HAVE RESORTED TO USING OTHERS. MAYBE I NEED TO DO THE SAME

xQUANTUMx

THE ONLY REASON I AM STILL PLAYING HIM IS BECAUSE THERES NOT MANY LEFT AND HE HAS TO BE REPRESENTED. EVEN KDZ AND FRANTASTIC HAVE RESORTED TO USING OTHERS. MAYBE I NEED TO DO THE SAME
Don't you dare. I mean, a backup is cool and all, but stick with it.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
dont, you are one of the few who still represent, have a secondary for bad matchups, like am or bg, they pretty much cover all his bad mus

DarksydeDash

Slayer you are my favorite Superman player! ;-; Don't abandon him like his parents did when Krypton perished.

Endeavor

Stick with it man. I'm a Green Lantern main, and I'm telling you right now, I only picked him up because he was stupid pre-patch but while playing him I fell in love with him. I play him and love playing as him. I still play lantern but I have more fun playing Superman at times than GL. So much so that he is no longer a sub or pocket he is a second main.

DarksydeDash

Now I can't get it to cross up at least and still have it be a mix up. Could you make another video on it?
I can yes but the key to making it cross up it dashing up into the neutral jump immediately on block. Try to do the air dash as low too the ground as possible. I should mention though this "mixup" can be stuffed if timed incorrectly as d2 mashers
somehow recover in time. :(